DLC is too expensive

#1XenilPosted 1/23/2013 7:01:23 AM
The total cost of the DLC is more than the price of the game! I realize that I don't have to buy ALL the DLC but I'd definitely buy more of it if it was cheaper. Also why is the DLC so poorly organized? No previews, not ordered by series and not even any packs by series. Instead its just an unorganized, overpriced, mess.

I love the game btw just a bit annoyed that some of the best songs in the series are DLC and they're overpriced!
#2TezionPosted 1/23/2013 10:13:57 PM
Because people will buy it just because the price for DLC tracks for other music games like Rock Band are much worse.

That is the response most people will give you while they accuse you of being a cheapskate.

I'd still buy the DLC tracks at their price if not for the fact that it's linked with eShop. Limitation to one system with invasive system transfers is a big turn off.
#3NogahamPosted 1/25/2013 8:44:51 PM(edited)
I agree with you, Xenil. Unfortunately the majority of the fans does not seem to be able to critically question this DLC practice. It does not matter what other games do.

This game is supposed to be an anniversary title which means Square Enix should be giving something back to the fans. But they do not.

They instead use this game to blatantly milk more money, which is cheap and pathetic. Square Enix nowadays is a disgrace to what Squaresoft has been in past times.
#4Xenil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:16:55 AM
Nogaham posted...
They instead use this game to blatantly milk more money, which is cheap and pathetic. Square Enix nowadays is a disgrace to what Squaresoft has been in past times.

I used to disagree with this but after seeing some of the things they've been releasing lately I can only agree. When almost half of the song content is DLC for an anniversary title that's a rhythm game it's obvious they are just trying to make money from the Final Fantasy name.

I'm not even against DLC but some of their recent games have been a blatant rip off, just take a look at Final Fantasy: All The Bravest if they keep releasing **** like that only the most committed fans will remain.
#5ExternicaPosted 1/29/2013 4:17:50 AM
Havn't played the game yet, but I'm interested and took a look at the DLC-Price.
I live in germany and here, the DLC-Songs costs 1,- each. That's a little bit more than a dollar.
I think, the price is okay and a bonus point is, as far as I can see, you can choose what song you'd like to purchase. If there are only three songs you like to have, then you only buy those three songs. So I think it is okay.
And the rest money you have, you can spend in the eShop for whatever you like.

Also, here in Europe, for FF13-2, the Omega-DLC, Serah's Summoner Garb and Noel's Battle Attire is only sold as a bundle. That's a shame, as I like Noel's outfit, but not Serah's or Omega. (I shamefully admit that I did broke down yesterday and purchased the bundle.)

And I agree on "All the bravest". A german review called it "Final Abzocke: Gib mir all dein Geld" ("Final Ripoff: Hand over all your money")
I can't believe a "game" like this is allowed to exist, there is no play involved at all. Touch your characters, so they attack and if all are gone, wait three hours to summon the team back OR buy an hourglass.
This is just a cheap way for SE to make money. Unbelieveable that there are people who bought this excuse of a game.

But overall, the songs are just bonusses you can add. You're not missing anything or much if you ignore them and can still enjoy the regular game. Also, the iOS-Port is another slap in the face, guts and for males where it really hurts. The unlockable charatcers are only available per DLC. I wouldn't mind adding new characters to the DLC-Store. In fact, if SE would decide to put Celes to the 3DS-DLC, I'd buy her.
but this? Not for me, thank you.
#6PurpleMasterPosted 1/29/2013 6:30:10 AM(edited)
I was SO DISAPPOINTED in All the Bravest........ :(
It's an absolutely soulless game...

but thanks, now I know how to say Ripoff in German! :D
#7ShadowRisaePosted 2/1/2013 4:36:01 AM
Tezion posted...
Because people will buy it just because the price for DLC tracks for other music games like Rock Band are much worse.

Rock Band DLC is only $2 a song. You get to play it via solo vocals, harmony vocals, guitar, bass, drums, pro drums, keys, and pro keys. Each one has 4 difficulties.

Personally, I'd argue you can get more fun out of your money with Rock Band DLC as compared to Theatrhythm DLC. Especially if you play all instruments in Rock Band.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#8ajbcoolPosted 2/5/2013 9:32:20 AM
What I don't like about the DLC is it's not available in the music player to listen to it. IT'S ON THERE I WANNA LISTEN TO IT WITH THE DS CLOSED PLZ

As for the pricing, I liked being able to purchase it bit by bit as I was able to afford it, but I have it all now. And I don't regret a single dollar.
#9FroakiePosted 2/5/2013 12:51:58 PM
Yeah they should've had packs at the very least.
It's worse on iOS I believe. Comes out to $100 something.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#10ExternicaPosted 2/6/2013 1:18:21 AM
Froakie posted...
Yeah they should've had packs at the very least.

Well, I'm okay with seperate purchases.
As I said earlier, that way you only buy what you want to have. And pack exclusive items... well... how should I put it?
In the pack, there's only one item you're interested in, while all the other songs are something you do know, but don't like very much. So why would you purchase a song you don't like?
Obviously, SE could still offer packs and the songs seperatly.

Similar to the "Fight in Style"-Pack from 13-2. In europe, Omega, serah's Summoner Garb and Noel's Battle attire is only sold as a pack. Personal, I did like the battle attire, but I wasn't interested in the Summoner Garb and Omega at all. There's no way to buy them one by one in europe.

What I don't like about the DLC is it's not available in the music player to listen to it.

Now that you mention it, I wish the DLC-Store would play samples. While I did play every main game of the series, with the exception of the online games, I can't remember every song.
And in case of FFXI, I'd like to know what I'm going to purchase. I don't like making a blind purchase. Yes, youtube is my friend and used it. The FFXI songs are not my cup of tea, I do like the regular added songs. But I can't hear the Vana'Diel March anymore, I have it in almost every Dark Note, it's not funny.