Goals Topic: What are you working towards in Theatrhythm?

#31PsienceWinsPosted 3/17/2013 2:43:52 PM
Really I'm just trying to SSS every song on all difficulties. That's my goal. Period. I usually work on a specific game at a time. I have the original FF up to basic SSS'd, and some impressive scores on Ultimate (usually 1-2 Greats in a run), but there is a small wall. I just got the game less than a week ago and I've already dropped around 16 hours into it. I haven't even finished all the series on Basic. It's addictive. That's for sure.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#32DreamwaIker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:41:39 PM
Sounds like your natural talent is way better than mine. =P

I've put in over 100 hours (hence how I have that particular trophy), and I do plan on getting all the trophies (though I worry the ones that require StreetPass may not be possible). I did plan on getting all SSS eventually (including DLC), but with my busy schedule lately, I'm not sure I'm ever going to get there. I've come to terms that it's okay if I don't.

I'm finishing that CollectaCard album though.
#33_Spin_Cycle_Posted 3/21/2013 9:13:39 AM
I'm working on unlocking my last two characters and earning trophies.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6j3slg4
Currently Playing: Ni no Kuni (PS3), Tomb Raider (PS3)
#34maxxxximumPosted 3/23/2013 3:49:43 AM
I just started the game a few hours ago. I've perfect chained all of the FFI, FFII, and FFIII songs on all three difficulties. I plan on Perfect chaining all of the songs, including DLC songs. I don't care about SSSing everything, but I already got a few. I don't care about the trophies. I want all of the characters, though I have no idea how to unlock them. I don't think I've unlocked any yet. I guess I'll try to get all of the Dark notes as well, though I haven't touched the Chaos Shrine yet so I don't know how that works yet.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#35DreamwaIker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 6:12:12 AM
Chaos Shrine and Unlocking characters:

- set a high agility leader
- set a party with high attack and/or magic and good skills, particularly limit breaks
- don't bother with curative magic, especially since you seem to have much natural talent
- pass the "Boss 2 or Boss 3" sign in the FMS part of a dark note
- keep your health high enough by the 3rd enemy in the BMS part of a dark note so that Boss 3 appears
- kill Boss 3 and continue to beat the dark note
- sometimes Boss 3 (and occasionally Boss 2) drop a crystal shard
- 8 crystal shards of the same color gets you a new character
- you get some crystal shards from accumulating rhythmia, but not enough to get any character from that alone
- every time you defeat a dark note, you get a new one, so you can keep playing them
- you can also replay old dark notes if there's a crystal drop on one of them which you want again
#36maxxxximumPosted 3/23/2013 7:15:18 AM
Thanks. That'll help.

I don't know about natural talent. More like 10+ years of DDR and Gitaroo Man.
---
#37DreamwaIker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:34:43 PM
maxxxximum posted...
More like 10+ years of DDR and Gitaroo Man.

Heh. Maybe that's it.

I never played any rhythm games (except for a few songs at friends' houses) before FFTh.
#38DreamwaIker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:50:17 PM
Alright, time to try some songs again.

DreamwaIker posted...
Ultimate Songs on which I still need an S or better:

FF4: Battle with the Four Fiends (BMS)
FF5: Battle at the Big Bridge (BMS)
FF6: The Decisive Battle (BMS)
FF7: One-Winged Angel (BMS)
FF8: The Man with the Machine Gun (BMS)
FF10: Fight with Seymour (BMS)
FF11: Awakening (BMS)
FF7 (Encore): Let the Battles Begin! (BMS)
FF13 (Encore): Blinded By Light (BMS)

#### scratch that. I probably need to level these guys up to 90s by trying for SSS's on other Basics and Experts first, since I keep dying a few notes before the end and then getting nothing out of it on these Ultimate BMS's without items while my party is only in the upper 20s
#39maxxxximumPosted 3/23/2013 9:17:43 PM
Some of these Battle Musics are pretty brutal to perfect chain on Ultimate. That damn quick circle pattern of arrow notes at the end of Battle Theme 2 was annoying. Looks like I can look forward to taking at least an hour to PC some of these. The non battle music has all been pretty easy though.
---
#40TormaDFKPosted 3/24/2013 12:23:50 AM
Main Goals:
S rank all ultimate courses (still unlocking them, need to get X-XIII)
Perfect chain all ultimate songs (11/43 so far)
Complete all crit charts (48 more songs to go, all ultimate/chaos songs)

Secondary Goals:
Finish 99 dark notes (currently at 80)
Get the "defeat all monsters" trophy (I think there's only one more boss left)

I would like to eventually get all 64 trophies, but these are the ones I'm currently focusing on. I've only recently started back up though, so I'm having some trouble with some BMS. Not that I didn't have trouble before, but now it's just a bit worse.