Goals Topic: What are you working towards in Theatrhythm?

#61maxxxximumPosted 4/10/2013 3:56:05 PM(edited)
Just PCed Battle With the Four Fiends and Man With the Machine Gun. MWTMG seemed really easy but I kept making stupid mistakes at different parts every time and it ended up taking me 30 minutes to PC. BWTFF I thought was going to be brutal but I went into practice mode and took a closer look at the parts that were giving me trouble and then PCed it on my 2nd try. From what I here those are supposed to be the hardest non DLC songs right?

Edit: lol, just PCed FFIX's Battle 1 on my first try. Easiest Battle Song yet.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#62maxxxximumPosted 4/10/2013 9:53:48 PM(edited)
Perfect Chained all Ultimate songs. I'm confused though. When I beat all the basic Series I played the basic mode of Chaos Shrine. Is that song not in Challenge Mode? I've certainly never seen the Expert and Ultimate versions yet the game still says I PCed all of the songs.

Let the Battles Begin! is BY FAR the hardest song to PC. It took me 2 hours. I was about to blow a blood vessel.

Edit: Lo and behold I've unlocked another song. Why'd the game say I beat every song after the fourth unlocked song when there's more? I PCed all the Encore menu songs and now I have a Chaos Shrine menu.
---
#63BlackBladeRunePosted 4/11/2013 1:42:10 AM
maxxxximum posted...
Perfect Chained all Ultimate songs. I'm confused though. When I beat all the basic Series I played the basic mode of Chaos Shrine. Is that song not in Challenge Mode? I've certainly never seen the Expert and Ultimate versions yet the game still says I PCed all of the songs.

Let the Battles Begin! is BY FAR the hardest song to PC. It took me 2 hours. I was about to blow a blood vessel.

Edit: Lo and behold I've unlocked another song. Why'd the game say I beat every song after the fourth unlocked song when there's more? I PCed all the Encore menu songs and now I have a Chaos Shrine menu.

OMG freakin' Let the Battles Begin took me all day D: Man with the Machine Gun took almost as long but like you said it's really not hard I just kept making dumb mistakes. But yeah that FFVII battle theme ended up being the most difficult for me. Everything else was easy to moderately difficult but nothing too bad as far as the BMS go.

I'm not sure where to go from here... maybe completing all critical charts. Does that mean ALL of them though... like, basic expert and ultimate for EVERY song? I hate doing basics -_-
---
FFXIV: Tatl Tael, Durandal, Carnival linkshell
GW2: Shady Guy, Maguuma
#64DreamwaIker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 6:58:12 AM
Haha, yes, all of them.

And yeah, Basic can annoy me with its slowness after I've been playing Ultimate for awhile.
---
Sign-Ups for The Epic Struggle forum game (57/100 slots filled so far):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/65860951
#65Johi36Posted 4/11/2013 9:28:27 AM
I recently levelled everyone (incl. all the unlockable ones) up to 99, so my next goal is filling the critical charts on Basic. It's quite tedious... maybe I better start with finishing every song on Ultimate first.
#66LS8KPosted 4/11/2013 10:21:08 AM
Currently working on :
Getting all trophies (~5 to go, but I have a friend who also has the game, making this not as bad).
SSS all basic series/DLC.
Perfect chain all Ultimate DLC (already got all DLC critical charts).

Don't know if I'm OCD/crazy enough to try for all SSS Ultimate series/DLC.
#67maxxxximumPosted 4/11/2013 5:30:31 PM
I've unlocked all of the songs now I think. PCed them all. I've moved into the Chaos Shrine to start unlocking characters. I'm losing interest though. Chaos Shrine is incredibly tedious. Just the same few songs recycled through all the dark notes. I wasted a bunch of time beating all of the Series on Expert and Ultimate thinking I'd get something, but all I got were a few trophies. I feel that if this were my first music game, I'd have spent a lot of time in the Shrine getting better and unlocking characters as I go, but as it stands I'm just easily Perfect Chaining, or All Criticaling every song in there. The monotony is driving me mad. I think the DLC songs are the only worth while thing left.......so expensive though.
---
#68aqualtaPosted 4/12/2013 9:29:03 AM
Haha, I wouldn't much like to grind Chaos Shrine...I prefer to dip in and out of Challenge and Chaos Shrine, so I don't get bored. Why not, I don't know, try some Ultimate SSS's? ;)
#69maxxxximumPosted 4/12/2013 2:07:04 PM
I already SSSed most of the non Battle Ultimate songs and I SSSed Awakening, Fight With Seymour, and the Final Fantasy IX Battle music. I can probably polish off the rest of the non BMSs but I don't think I'll be able to SSS any more BMSs. Maybe the Final Fantasy I BMS, but not much else. I guess I might be able to pull off Dancing Mad, but the rest of the Ultimate BMSs are probably beyond my ability to SSS. Especially FFII, FFIII, (damn fast arrow notes) and Let the Battles Begin!.
---
#70aqualtaPosted 4/13/2013 12:48:38 AM
Don't underestimate yourself. Honestly, if there's one thing I learnt playing Theatrhythm, it's that you can always surprise yourself if you put in the time. Four Fiends, Battle Theme 2, these songs I thought were impossible to play; hell, when dsimasterer posted a video of FFX Final Battle, I was so sure it was out of my reach that I flat out stated I'd never SSS it in a comment. But as I played it more, I started to work out how to break down each section in my mind, so my brain could process it all. It's surprising what you can achieve.