English version of the vocal songs

#1politan1991Posted 3/14/2013 1:57:09 AM
The iOS board is completely dead, but anyways...

I have the Japanese version of the game because I like the vocals better in Japanese; however, if I download the English version of the game and bought one of the vocal songs will it be in English?
#2ExternicaPosted 3/14/2013 2:52:10 AM
What song? There are a few with lyrics.

I believe "Eyes on me" was english in all territories.
And "Memories of Life" is the japanese version.
"Sunleath Waterscape" is sung in english, though I don't know if it has japanese lyrics.
The opening theme of FFXI is sung in latin, I believe.
"One winged angel" is latin as well. Duh!
"Suteki Da Ne" was japanese in all territories.

As for the DLC songs I own, only "Fighting Fate" has lyrics. They are in latin.
No idea if any other... wait.

There's "Otherworld", I believe it's sung in english, too. But as I don't like metal, I never bothered to download this one. But I know this one has vocals. Don't know about any other DLC-songs of the 3DS-Version.
#3aqualtaPosted 3/14/2013 1:03:05 PM
I don't know of any song that has both a version with English and a version with Japanese lyrics, but then again my knowledge of FF music is far from complete.

The only thing I can tell you is that the 3DS game uses the Japanese version of The Sunleth Waterscape (which, of course, still has English lyrics, but they are different to the US/PAL versions). I would guess the iOS does the same.
#4Kageblade23Posted 3/14/2013 10:45:18 PM
aqualta posted...
I don't know of any song that has both a version with English and a version with Japanese lyrics, but then again my knowledge of FF music is far from complete.

The only thing I can tell you is that the 3DS game uses the Japanese version of The Sunleth Waterscape (which, of course, still has English lyrics, but they are different to the US/PAL versions). I would guess the iOS does the same.

Real Emotion the opening for FFX-2 has both an english and japanese version with lyrics 1000 No Kotoba a.k.a. 1000 Words (English Version) from FFX-2 has both an english and japanese version although i believe there are 2 english versions one sung by jade and the other by Koda Kumi (Original singer for japanese version) for both songs... however i dont think either of them are dlc... atleast i didnt see them on the list when i browsed it last night thats the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head umm melodies of life has both english and japanese lyrics (FFIX) i believe they were sung by different people though... Eyes on me (FFVIII) has both english and japanese lyrics kiss me goodbye from XII has both english and japanese lyrics Aria De Mezzo Carattere has both an ITALIAN and English version... im not sure if half of these are dlc or not ive only been in the store once and i was looking specifically for cosmo canyons song... i also have no idea which versions are in the game itself...thats more or less the extent of my FF series Music... sorry if it wasnt much help...
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!