HEADSHOTS!!! (Caps)

#1IhateSeymourPosted 10/13/2011 12:45:53 AM
anyone else think that headshots can ruin a match? I can not stand it... epecially since I'm unlocking Cortez titles right now... I've played 3 diffrent Gengis's and each one has had all 3 victory's from headshots. even before I played as Cortez, I had to be extra weary when playing a Sun Tzu. but now headshots are just a joke!
---
Lies! Lies baked in an oven of deceit, glazed in fiction-flavored falseness and served with a side of myth and slander! ~Rift
#2Laserguy30Posted 10/13/2011 6:20:33 AM
I agree that headshots are a joke now. Headshots occur WAY more often in this game than the previous one. This new significance of projectiles has significantly changed the battle space in-game.

Now what I frequently see is people constantly hovering around their optimal projectile range, just waiting for an opening to press B (or RB+Y). Or they will flee/run around in a circle waiting for you to come to them so they can press RB+Y repeatedly

I had almost no problem with the projectiles in the first game. In DW1 the projectiles were significant (especially the Pirate's and Viking's) but not really game-changing by themselves.

But in Legends since the devs chose to make projectiles much more formidable this time around it just seems like less of a fighting game to me. Now its a wait for projectile opening game, then fight when you run out of projectiles.

I frequently see people's strategies based around getting projectile headshots, forgoing melee entirely.

All legitimate and viable strategies of course (for those who would attempt to flame). But this behavior is unbecoming of a fighting game.
---
Gamertag: Acid Prax v2
No such thing as "cheap" - http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
#3J NicePosted 10/13/2011 2:11:38 PM
Cortes has a friggin projectile magnet in his head.
---
"In 1948, at the request of a dying boy, baseball legend Babe Ruth ate seventy-five hot dogs, then died of hot dog poisoning."
#4HoshunMk112Posted 10/13/2011 7:53:56 PM
In all honesty, I felt like head shots were much more common in DW1. Excepting Shaka the goddamn headhunter.
---
XBL Gamertag: Drewbahr
There's nothing left in my right brain, and there's nothing right in my left brain
#5BakedPotaduhPosted 10/14/2011 8:38:33 AM
Ey, Shaka's headshot thing is just fine. It's your own damn fault if you're too slow to dodge/block it (because it's so damn slow to throw) or if you're too busy bouncing around like a Sun Tzu idiot
#6HoshunMk112Posted 10/14/2011 2:10:00 PM
BakedPotaduh posted...
Ey, Shaka's headshot thing is just fine. It's your own damn fault if you're too slow to dodge/block it (because it's so damn slow to throw) or if you're too busy bouncing around like a Sun Tzu idiot

I don't get hit more than once. It just seems his projectiles hit the head unnaturally often.
---
There's nothing left in my right brain, and there's nothing right in my left brain
#7Itcachi_sanPosted 10/18/2011 11:02:15 PM
BakedPotaduh posted...
bouncing around like a Sun Tzu idiot

i lol'd
---
"Omae wa yowai. Naze yowai ka? Tarinai kara...nikushimi ga."
"You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack... hatred."
#8bomdigiteePosted 10/19/2011 5:18:52 PM

Easiest to kill with projectiles

Wallace with claymore: Hisblock invites headshots, and when he dodges forward he leads with his head

Cortez : when he dodges forward he leads with his head

Vlad: same as cortez/wallace

Projectiles are useful against shielded opponents because they weaken the shield making melee attacks much more effective. Also shielded opponents just sit there and take the shots, tactically this is a mistake.

#9HoshunMk112Posted 10/20/2011 6:07:08 AM
bomdigitee posted...
Easiest to kill with projectilesWallace with claymore: Hisblock invites headshots, and when he dodges forward he leads with his headCortez : when he dodges forward he leads with his headVlad: same as cortez/wallaceProjectiles are useful against shielded opponents because they weaken the shield making melee attacks much more effective. Also shielded opponents just sit there and take the shots, tactically this is a mistake.

You've been playing bad shield users then.
---
#10BakedPotaduhPosted 10/20/2011 10:55:29 AM
The shield is only good for defending against projectiles. If you let an enemy combo on your shield, there's a chance that you will never be able to attack them ever again. This chance becomes pretty much guaranteed if your opponent is good, and is using Shaka Zulu, Sun Tzu, or Genghis Khan (because he's rigged and his YYY combo is obscenely fast)