Only 8 new characters or 8 revealed so far?

#1meestah009Posted 7/6/2011 4:01:47 PM
I'm hearing from different sources that the 8 new characters revealed so far are either the only new characters this game will have or that they will gradually reveal more as the release date gets closer. Has there been any word from Capcom Japan about this? They left out so many good characters (Kasuga, Kenshin, Matsu, Toshiie, etc) and anyone who has used the Wii cheats knows that all they needed were a few more special moves and they would've been complete.
#2draewonPosted 7/6/2011 8:38:17 PM
if you haven't read the full infos yet,the 8 characters they have announced all recieves major overhauls in their gameplay,so its not just "lol we put SB2H characters in HD and call them new characters"

kojuuro fights more like demon mode nobunaga now with holding buttons adding extra slices with his second sword to his S string and most of his skills

tenkai can only access mitsuhide's old moves after absorbing opponents life force using that one skill meaning he got to have a lot of new skills to boot

the new NPC's such as kobayakawa and sorin is made from scratch again,because lets face it,they doesnt even have a decent S string so start with

so its not just as simple as "add the NPC's into the character roster thing"

and lastly,it is still to early to say that the INITIAL info is all here is for this game....
---
Ryuha! Toho Fuhai wa,ouja no kaze yo!,zenshin!,keiretsu!,tenpakyouran!,mio! toho wa,akaku moeteiru!! ~master asia~
#3Olivier HaguePosted 7/7/2011 12:49:55 AM
>Only 8 new characters or 8 revealed so far?

8 new playable characters revealed so far. They said there would be more (how many? that's another matter... could be just one, could be quite a few).
#4Arcangel22Posted 7/7/2011 11:42:18 AM
Well, guess it's time for me to try and Platinum the game now before this one is released overseas.
---
Most Anticipated Games: NG3, LoZ:OoT (3DS), RoAWZ, DWG3, TotA (3DS) & ToGF
#5Demo_TargetPosted 7/8/2011 11:47:31 AM
no kenshin & kasuga no buy
#6meestah009(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 5:08:10 AM
Looks like you and I won't be buying it then. Someone translated the text on the character page for the official Japanese site. It specifically mentions that there'll only be 8 new characters. Nothing about future reveals or '8 revealed so far'.

At best, it'll be like Nobunaga and there'll be one or two secret characters. Since Capcom always manages to do something bad to my favorite characters in their games I don't think Kasuga or Kenshin will be returning (too much like existing PCs or similar BS, but really they're just lazy and cut corners wherever they can). I think the fans of the Maedas will be happy at least.
#7Olivier HaguePosted 7/9/2011 5:17:45 AM
>Someone translated the text on the character page for the official Japanese site. It specifically mentions that there'll only be 8 new characters.

No, it doesn't.

>Nothing about future reveals or '8 revealed so far'.

The Weekly Jump article about the game specifically said that there would be more.
As Japanese can be ambiguous when it comes to numbers, it could be translated as "another playable character" or "more playable characters". Either way, that would mean at least one more playable character.
#8gamestop27Posted 7/9/2011 3:09:54 PM
I don't wanna get my hopes up especially when it comes to capcom, but I don't think all the beans have been spilled about this game so far from it's release date.
---
Preparing for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, practicing with Yoshimitsu and Lei Wulong.
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2ac/index.html