Carry Over and Changes List

#1SonsaruPosted 11/8/2011 9:04:35 PM
I'm sure there aren't that many folks coming through here, but in preperation for the release tomorrow here's some info from a Japanese Wiki for the game; it's a little more than I've seen on the official site. I've only played the Japanese one so I don't know how some of the terms etc. were localized.

Additions -

* 8 new stages.
* New difficulty "Basara" above "Ultimate."
* Max level increased from 99 to 200.
* Items recieved from defeating Wanted Men changed from status up items to equipment.
* Weapons, equipment and regional specialties are all now purchased from the shop. Specialities give status upgrades and appear there after beating related stages. The "Basara Lottery" can give discounts.
* The system of collecting regional specialties and turning them into equipment is gone. Everything is just paid for in cash.
* New equipment added, including one that increases movement speed.
* Weapons develop based on actually being used.
* The required number of slots for each character's special personal item is changed from using all 4 slots to now just being 1 slot. Many returning characters have additional of changed effects.
* The annoying tutorials that popped up during the stages can now be turned off altogether from "Options."

Save Data Bonuses -
If you have a Basara 3 data you can get the following rewards.

Carry Over -
* Second custumes carry over for all characters you have them with.
* Personal Items are turned into the Utage equivilant for characters you have them with.

Carry Over Bonus -
Having save data = 1000 gold.
The titles "Complete Ruler," "All Resources Complete" and "All Equipment Complete" = 2000 gold each.
The titles "Love MAX" and "Weapon Maniac" = 3000 gold each.

Shared -
Characters from the previous game and companions you have found go back and forth between both games as-is, although any attack / defense bonuses earned from the Wanted Men in 3 are stripped from the characters in Utage, as that system has changed.

Unlocking -

Kenshin - Beat Katakura or Kobayakawa story mode.
Kasuga - Beat Sasuke or Tachibana story mode. <- a lot of people doing this first then!
Toshie - Beat Matsunaga or Tenkai story mode.
Matsu - Beat Mogami or Otomo story mode.
Hokujo - Beat 5 characters story modes.
Shingen - Beat every story mode.
Tag Mode - ????
30 Man Bout - ????
Basara Difficulty - ????
Personal Items - Go on sale in the Basara shop after clearing Unification Mode with that character.

Other Stuff -

* Each story has 3 stages.
* Matsunaga has the same starting stats as Honda.
* The opening rocks, in case you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTeZPJUdRPs
---
More meat than web comics, less gristle than fanfics!
Totally original online fiction at www.armyofpuppets.com
#2Sonsaru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 9:06:33 PM
So, placing the emphasis on cash might work better, as in Basara 3 it always felt like, "so what if I'm doing a massive combo, I don't need the money." Not having to always take Hanzo out for the Wanted Men is fantastic, too. That system sucked, now it sounds like you can spend money to build your characters up, and actually using them improves your weapons.

Also sounds like weapons, equipment, money etc. will all not carry over. Unlocks look pretty easy, a shame the story modes are a little shorter and no need to replay them for the personal items, either. Looking forward to Tag Mode!
---
#3Nerdforlife91Posted 11/8/2011 9:37:04 PM
Sonsaru posted...
Kasuga - Beat Sasuke or Tachibana story mode. <- a lot of people doing this first then!

You'd better believe it.
---
PSN: Fighter4life
#4DoomtrainGFPosted 11/8/2011 10:54:09 PM
I have no idea what I'll do first. Most likely Unification, but the choice between Matsunaga, Hideaki, Muneshige, and Kojuuro will be way too hard. I'll probably just end up going with Aniki.

* Items recieved from defeating Wanted Men changed from status up items to equipment.

YES~~

any attack / defense bonuses earned from the Wanted Men in 3 are stripped from the characters in Utage, as that system has changed.

I would be raging pretty hard right now if I didn't have to start from scratch anyway. So much time wasted hunting those bastards...actually wasted.

And I'm just gonna take a wild guess that Tag is unlocked after unlocking all bodyguards.
---
"I think you want a doctor. I'm just a big guy who kills things."
http://myanimelist.net/profile/DoomtrainGF
#5YokoPosted 11/9/2011 12:09:59 AM
So wait, how does your stats gain in this one?

What about if you carry over your LV 99 characters?
---
The proof that we're alive is that we endure hardships, suffering and joy...
http://wyv.dyndns.org/gradiusTemplate/upload.php?page=1 Nice JP Gradius site.
#6DoomtrainGFPosted 11/9/2011 12:17:06 AM

So wait, how does your stats gain in this one?

Stat boosts are bought at the shop now, like SB2.
---
"There are some things in this world that Xavism is just not the answer for."
http://myanimelist.net/profile/DoomtrainGF
#7JL LeePosted 11/9/2011 3:05:51 AM
Nice to know personal items carry over. Would hate to do them all over again.

Don't see if levels carry over. If not...oh well...
---
[Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*!
Currently playing: Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX (PSP), Idolmaster 2 (PS3)
#8Sonsaru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 3:58:09 AM
Sorry, yeah, levels for characters do carry over, up to level 100. If you level returning characters up in this one, you can also then take them back into regular Basara 3 at that level, up to 99. I guess this is to allow for a more gravy sales of Basara 3 as people starting from this game go back to see the stories of the returning characters.

As for the attack boosts being stripped off, I am only presuming that this is the case. It specifically states that "Experience, Health and Personal Attacks" carry over, with no mention of defense or attack stats. As the new characters won't have access to this system, and from this description, it sounds fair to think those bonuses are coming off.

Of course, now you can buy items that perminantly increase stats, so there will be a lot more of that going on across the board, far more easily, so it might have been nice to leave them intact for the people who took the time to collect a lot of them.

I hated how much of your play style that system dictated, so quite glad the new system will offer more freedom, but I feel your pain if you hunted those guys extensively! I got them all with Nobunaga but didn't worry too much about it with anyone else.

Anyway, considering in theory you will probably be able to max a character's stats now, I'm hoping that Basara difficulty is uber hard to reflect this!
---
#9Zage90Posted 11/9/2011 5:58:46 AM
thanks for the info!
anyway,how about the save data..? my problem is my SB:SH is BLAS version with Eng Language,then will this new game Asian Version with Jap Language able to read/import that save data?
---
Currently Playing : Sengoku Musou 3Z
#10Sonsaru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 6:51:17 AM
That's a good question, but of course it isn't something Capcom have said anything about officially or that Japanese sites are bothered with.

I'm sure someone with save data for the previous game will buy this one, and try it, so you might just have to wait until they do and that info gets out online. I guess save data normally doesn't work like that, but it might be nice to dream in this situation.

I'll have the game in seven hours time so I'll post some impressions here after playing it for a while, anyway.
---