The next rage

#1Murderstorm117Posted 4/26/2012 12:40:09 PM
And by that I mean a game hyped to be the greatest game ever only to be a crappy shooter that no one buys.
#2apples1671Posted 4/26/2012 5:15:56 PM
Just because it's published by Bethesda?
---
Use the search bar. It's up there^^^.
#3xCKxTrinityPosted 4/26/2012 6:32:15 PM

God I sure hope not, that was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever had(gaming-wise of course). And to think, I fell into their trap of "downloading this game to your harddrive will let you have the best Rage experience!". Too bad it didn't make to story interesting.

#4Cyrus_RamsesPosted 4/29/2012 1:09:07 PM
I don't think they ever said the story was going to be interesting, so that's probably your fault for hyping YOURSELF up.
#5Wolfwood44Posted 4/30/2012 8:40:24 AM
Cyrus_Ramses posted...
I don't think they ever said the story was going to be interesting, so that's probably your fault for hyping YOURSELF up.

You're right. They said the story was going to suck but the gameplay would totally make up for it!

Except they didn't, it didn't, and you're an idiot.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
SW:ToR - Silt (Krayiss Obelisk Server - Legacy Guild)
#6Overd0sPosted 4/30/2012 11:39:16 AM
i loved RAGE and to this day i still enjoy it, i feel that people that were let down by the game are the only ones who claim it was over hyped and then over exaggerate when it comes to their dislike of the game

anyways, this game looks interesting from the CGI trailer, but i wonder how it will play out
---
This Sig is the property of this distinguished gentleman: http://i.picasion.com/pic51/86515ed5bbd652ac424eeea2d33c8939.gif
#7TakitusMaximusPosted 4/30/2012 12:18:03 PM
The only thing I really disliked about Rage was the poor ending. The gameplay was solid and it was a pretty fun game. The ending sucked balls though.
#8Famine_10f4Posted 5/4/2012 8:59:18 PM

Seems to be a trend these days with bad endings.

#9TheKokopelliPosted 5/5/2012 5:31:39 AM

In all fairness, RAGE was good and did draw you in... up until you got halfway through the first disk and realized the wasted potential for the "Dead City" and the sham of the sewers.

After that, it became average and was a total let down for the ending, leaving a whole "That's it?" feeling.

#10volcomstoner180Posted 5/8/2012 10:11:25 AM
Wolfwood44 posted...
Cyrus_Ramses posted...

You're right. They said the story was going to suck but the gameplay would totally make up for it!

Except they didn't, it didn't, and you're an idiot.

haha this made me laugh...i still havent picked up Rage because there is no way it was meeting my expectations...

Its almost as if I felt like they took advantage of my childhood expreiences with their game to draw me in...and then screw me over because it wasnt what they promised (open world, good story, etc)