no Advertisments, no commercials, should tell you game is BAD

#21InTheEyesOfFirePosted 10/8/2012 10:59:07 AM
Habefiet posted...
^? Chrono Trigger? You're saying hardly anyone knows about Chrono Trigger? Sure, a lot of non-gamers don't, but I think you'd struggle to find many self-respecting gamers that know about Chrono Trigger.

Not including the admittedly large populace of casuals that mostly only play CoD or only play Wii Sports or something like that, but you know what I mean.

I'd say a good deal of current gen gamers have no idea what it is. Which is a shame really, the pinnacle of Jrpg's. Not saying I don't enjoy western rpgs, but damn, Chrono Trigger will always be a top three for me.
---
It's time for revenge.
#22krazykiwikidPosted 10/8/2012 11:02:17 AM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
TheGlow posted...
Yea, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 had no ads and clear failures.

not to mention singularity. might not of sold well, but it was a fantastic game

My god. Singularity was an utterly boring generic as hell forgettable fps that didn't even capitalize on its own.crappy generic gimmick. There was NOTHING good about it at all. From what I've seen of Dishonored it looks like you should love it.
#23Thunderbolt210Posted 10/8/2012 11:08:51 AM
how much advertising did too human and bionic commando get hahahaha

those games were horrid lol

im not gonna feed the troll thou so...
---
Read before you mod
dedicated to the moderators of Gfaqs
#24JenniferTatePosted 10/8/2012 11:22:32 AM
I don't think you understand how marketing works. Or it works too well on you. Wake the **** up.
---
I'm the book that beat the speed reader, and I'm the card the dealers won't touch
#25RyoKaibaPosted 10/8/2012 11:26:38 AM
Uhhh, remember Fallout 3? That didn't get commercials until release, IIRC. Fallout: New Vegas got even less commercial advertising then that, and look how well it did. Should they choke us to death with it every 3 minutes? The answer should be a resound NO.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#26wrexwrecksPosted 10/8/2012 11:30:41 AM
krazykiwikid posted...
PhoenixAssassin posted...
TheGlow posted...
Yea, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 had no ads and clear failures.

not to mention singularity. might not of sold well, but it was a fantastic game

My god. Singularity was an utterly boring generic as hell forgettable fps that didn't even capitalize on its own.crappy generic gimmick. There was NOTHING good about it at all. From what I've seen of Dishonored it looks like you should love it.

And Singularity was criminally short, not just in raw hour, but in the fact that obviously it was supposed to be a longer game that just had the door slammed on it about 2/3 of the way through.

There's no other explanation for not getting the last of 7 measly weapons until the second-to-last level, or the fact that you're still finding upgrade currency (or whatever it was - I can't remember) on the last level after the last upgrade station.
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#27NuclearFlowerPosted 10/8/2012 11:46:40 AM
Ah, I see since it's the day of release, the floodgates have opened for the bad troll attempts. This shall be quite amusing.
#28TheEntitledOnePosted 10/8/2012 1:14:00 PM
10/10 would rage again.
#29codeman101360Posted 10/8/2012 4:17:43 PM
BornIn1142 posted...
-2/10.

You're too generous.
---
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can **** off." -Richard Dawkins
EA in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ
#30Cyrus_RamsesPosted 10/8/2012 4:35:37 PM
ONLY POPULAR THINGS ARE GOOD. LIKE RICK ROSS. AND JAMES CAMERON'S AVATAR.

Am I doing it right?