Is there anyone on here that did not like Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

#1CynicScorpionPosted 10/8/2012 2:21:15 PM
I felt like I was playing a movie and got really bored of HR. In fact Human Revolution is the last game I bought on launch. I'm looking forward to Dishonored, but the comparisons to HR are giving me second thoughts. Anyway, as the topic states: Is there anyone on here that did not like Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
#2protools1983Posted 10/8/2012 2:23:40 PM
Nope, loved it. Any game where I can complete someones mission and have them thank me only to have me immediatly pump their head full of bullets is a winner in my book.
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 10/8/2012 2:24:15 PM
im sure theres a lot, but i dont see how DXHR was like playing a movie. there wernt that many cutscenes or conversations and the gameplay wasnt that scripted or heavily linear.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 - Torchlight 2 - Resident Evil 6
#4LeanaunfurledPosted 10/8/2012 2:25:19 PM
Nope, loved it. Any game where I can complete someones mission and have them thank me only to have me immediatly pump their head full of bullets is a winner in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcGe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Hkndg.gif
#5CynicScorpion(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 2:30:31 PM
Maybe I'll give it a second try (eventually). That was just my first impression, and I got too bored and went back to playing Oblivion or Fallout 3. Both produced by Bethesda (and developed I believe, I'll have to double check.)
#6Masemune_100Posted 10/8/2012 2:45:14 PM
I didn't like it. I understand that a lot of people loved the game, but I found the pacing to be pretty bad. And for all the different ways you could run through a mission, one of them was almost always the cleat cut better option. That, and I know Deus Ex did it first, but the ending was near exactly the same as Mass Effect 3 (pick three buttons, get the same thing), which isn't a good thing at all.
The interactions between the characters were pretty good though. And the gameplay wasn't terrible. But I wouldn't have felt bad if I never played the game.
---
Who is the Milkman?
#7gamegod13Posted 10/8/2012 2:59:37 PM
I liked it, a lot...but I hated (when I tried to do a second playthrough), that stealth was the way to go. If you didn't play the stealthy way, or got close and personal, then you lost on a ton of points that could have been used to get upgrades.

I tried to do a playthrough where I was all about firearms and head-front confrontations, but when I noticed that I was missing out on a lot of points I could have gotten if I had done things stealthily, and realized the enemies on the hardest difficulty (I can't remember the name of it) severely outclassed me with their firearm prowess, I decided to give up on it.

It also bugged me a bit that for some boss fights, if you didn't have certain upgrades, the difficulty ramp went through the roof. Like for example, the fight with the one woman in the computer core (or whatever it was, I don't remember) you had to send an electric current through the floor to make her vulnerable to attacks, but when you did that, you also got shocked, dealing a pretty decent amount of damage to yourself. The easiest way to prevent you from killing yourself during that fight was to have the electricity immunity upgrade...

The first time I did that fight, I didn't have the upgrade, and got repeatedly annihilated to the point that I actually had to start the game over from the beginning (because my last save was like...10 hours beforehand).

It was a good game, but like all games, had its flaws.
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#8NickDrakePosted 10/8/2012 4:19:24 PM
A 3rd person cover system does not belong in a first person game.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#9yomi52Posted 10/8/2012 4:23:40 PM
i disliked deus ex.
i don't know if i'll like this, but i'll wait for price drop.
---
CaptHowdy
#10Cyrus_RamsesPosted 10/8/2012 4:36:23 PM
CynicScorpion posted...
Maybe I'll give it a second try (eventually). That was just my first impression, and I got too bored and went back to playing Oblivion or Fallout 3.

You didn't like Deus Ex because you don't have any taste.