That heart tells some seriously dark secrets about people. (possible spoilers)

#21VasDeferensPosted 10/13/2012 5:16:52 PM
Psycho_Poodle posted...
I found out Lydia is suicidally depressed :(

Maybe because she's sworn to carry your burdens ?
---
Skyrim belongs to the Nerds !!
#22ReDxVaLoOPosted 10/13/2012 10:08:11 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Psycho_Poodle posted...
I found out Lydia is suicidally depressed :(

Maybe because she's sworn to carry your burdens ?

Clever, 9/10
---
I'm entirely sure, your entirely sure, what I'm suggesting
#23GramkuPosted 10/14/2012 1:29:36 AM
I love sitting in the shadows hearing about all the secrets these people have. It's amazing how much it fleshes out otherwise random thugs and civilians, especially when she says stuff like "If he doesn't die today, he'll take two more lives and then his own." Makes me wish I wasn't going non-lethal.

I spent a long time hearing all of her quotes when I first got the heart, and I got the impression that it was a certain person from how the voice sounded and the things it would say. Whenever it would describe its life, the dialogue is too oddly specific for it to not be someone we already know.
I thought it might just be me, but the things that have been mentioned and how the heart stumbles whenever commenting on certain people and events makes it pretty clear to me.
---
Silly rabbit, sigs are for kids!
#24Hunter_GammaPosted 10/14/2012 1:36:16 AM
There was also what Granny Rags says, if you visit her in the return trip to the Distillery District. She tells you a story about the Empress, mentioning something like her soul has survived and is bound and used for a purpose she doesn't know about.
---
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."
#25lazyslakerPosted 10/14/2012 2:13:11 AM
Corvo loved the Empress. The Empress was murdered and now Corvo wants to clear his name and get revenge for the Empress death. Corvo's heart was ripped out by the true assassin. The Outsider gives it back.....hmmm. I also thought about the connection. I think her spirit is bound to the heart that Corvo holds in his hand. Brain......farting.......
#26Arctic_SunrisePosted 10/14/2012 3:23:07 AM
It's notable that whenever the Heart mentions the Empress, it does so hesitantly, as if unsure how to phrase it. Unfortunately, I can't recall who generates the dialogue, but it goes something like;

"Yes, before the Empress...before she...when the Empress............ *resignedly* ....Before the Empress was murdered."

It also sounds melancholy and warm alternately when used on Emily.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#27VeliconisPosted 10/14/2012 4:24:45 AM
The Heart is awesome. I love the voice and the information it reveals about people.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#28tzar_666Posted 10/14/2012 4:30:24 AM
Arctic_Sunrise posted...
It's notable that whenever the Heart mentions the Empress, it does so hesitantly, as if unsure how to phrase it. Unfortunately, I can't recall who generates the dialogue, but it goes something like;

"Yes, before the Empress...before she...when the Empress............ *resignedly* ....Before the Empress was murdered."

It also sounds melancholy and warm alternately when used on Emily.

i think its her heart. its her voice
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#29GateCaptainPosted 10/14/2012 4:58:53 AM
Almost never used the heart. Sucks i beat the game and wont play it again :(
That is cool however :)