Can blink be upgraded (without violating the no-powers achievement)?

#1AsterraPosted 10/10/2012 12:34:46 AM
Topic. I've read that buying anything under "powers" = lost achievement, which, if accurate, includes blink's upgrade.
#2Conker241Posted 10/10/2012 1:36:23 AM
Im curious too
---
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
#3SydLosttarotPosted 10/10/2012 2:17:31 AM(edited)
It does invalidate the achievement to purchase the upgrade. G-Staff (an admin on the Bethsoft forums) has it in a Spoiler FAQ, but you asked so I figured it was safe to say :p. You can use bone charms without any concern though.
#4Asterra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 5:07:38 PM
Alright, related question. All sorts of gameplay tips I've read have strongly suggested upgrading Blink. It is not mentioned why. Are there any notable disadvantages to not upgrading Blink? Does it, for example, eventually prevent me from collecting something-or-other (hidden money and the like), or anything related to collection achievements?
#5MoegittoPosted 10/10/2012 5:13:31 PM
Asterra posted...
Alright, related question. All sorts of gameplay tips I've read have strongly suggested upgrading Blink. It is not mentioned why. Are there any notable disadvantages to not upgrading Blink? Does it, for example, eventually prevent me from collecting something-or-other (hidden money and the like), or anything related to collection achievements?

Blink level 2 extends the distance by A LOT. When I upgraded last night I was expecting little gains, but sweet jesus you can go far. It's actually kinda hard to blink somewhere close because of how far it goes. Being able to jump a distance like that can help a lot when it comes to escaping or just getting away to another area faster. All for the same mana cost too, so you can kill someone, then blink over to another building with out having to do blink to different surfaces first. If you want a no kill/low kill run, Blink level 2 is optimal.

Side note: Blink level 2 and Agility are your stealth friend in this game.