Non-lethal take down for tall boys

#1slayamanPosted 10/11/2012 4:00:38 PM
What is the best way to non-lethally take these guys down? I just had my first encounter with one and have no idea how to take them out with killing them.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/AnUnbornJesus#360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FEkK3LQJQ
#2VaporFoxPosted 10/11/2012 4:09:09 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure you CAN'T take them down without killing them. So, basically, your only option is to avoid them at all costs. That's like asking "Oh hay how do I take down a Big Daddy in Bioshock without using lethal force." X3
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#3PhoenixAssassinPosted 10/11/2012 4:10:53 PM
except there is no non lethal force in bioshock
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#4The_HighPosted 10/11/2012 4:11:09 PM
There isn't one. Either avoid them or run the hell away when they see you.

I've been thinking about windblasting one of their projectiles at the legs of the suit thing but I'm pretty sure that'll just make the fall kill them (if the devs didn't just put an auto-death on them if you break the suit)
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#5The_HighPosted 10/11/2012 4:12:35 PM
PhoenixAssassin posted...

Gee, I wonder if that's why he said "kind of like..." not "Exactly like the non-lethal options that Bioshock gave you, because I'm of course not using a hyperbolic example that requires a slight amount of imagination to understand at all..."
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#6PhoenixAssassinPosted 10/11/2012 4:15:50 PM
The_High posted...

Gee, I wonder if that's why he said "kind of like..." not "Exactly like the non-lethal options that Bioshock gave you, because I'm of course not using a hyperbolic example that requires a slight amount of imagination to understand at all..."

how is it anything like bioshock? in bioshock you dont have a non lethal option for dealing with any enemies, in dishonored you do. asking how to deal with an enemy in a game using a mechanic that is part of the game is totally different then asking how to take out an enemy using a mechanic that is not in the game at all.
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#7The_HighPosted 10/11/2012 4:21:42 PM
The_High posted...

how is it anything like bioshock? in bioshock you dont have a non lethal option for dealing with any enemies, in dishonored you do. asking how to deal with an enemy in a game using a mechanic that is part of the game is totally different then asking how to take out an enemy using a mechanic that is not in the game at all.

The point, again (sigh), is that he used a hyperbolic (you might want to look that up at this point...) example to say how absurd the question was.

That is to say he knows there aren't non-lethal attacks in Bioshock. But he could just as easily have said ANYTHING ELSE. The point isn't that non-lethal attacks aren't in Bioshock. The point is how dumb it would be to even think you could take down a big daddy in ANY way other than killing it.

It's a simile. Not an actual example.
---
-Hippocrates
#8VaporFoxPosted 10/11/2012 4:24:54 PM
The_High posted...
The_High posted...

The point, again (sigh), is that he used a hyperbolic (you might want to look that up at this point...) example to say how absurd the question was.

That is to say he knows there aren't non-lethal attacks in Bioshock. But he could just as easily have said ANYTHING ELSE. The point isn't that non-lethal attacks aren't in Bioshock. The point is how dumb it would be to even think you could take down a big daddy in ANY way other than killing it.

It's a simile. Not an actual example.

Bless you for using the energy to explain it to the guy, 'cause I sure as hell didn't want to. X3
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#9The_HighPosted 10/11/2012 4:27:15 PM
Yeah. Kind of had a moment there where I was going "Why am I explaining this?" But I pushed through.

I do that occasionally. I'm on a mission to civilize.

...it's totally going to fail.
---
-Hippocrates
#10TheKokopelliPosted 10/11/2012 4:34:22 PM
Technically, you don't kill them. You just offer an alternative in your negotiations.
---
GT: kokopelli77