If rats eat an unconscious body, does it count against you as a kill?

#1Kay_Eff_EffPosted 10/12/2012 10:12:04 AM
I'm trying to think of a good place to hide unconscious bodies, and I thought that using Blink to teleport up to a roof would be a good idea - until I noticed a rat swarm on a roof. Now I'm afraid to hide bodies there anymore.

If rats eat an unconscious body, does it count against me as a kill?

Also, if I got high chaos in my first two missions, am I doomed to get the bad ending? Or can I salvage things by being a "good guy" from now on?
#2MoegittoPosted 10/12/2012 10:12:52 AM
Yes, you still have to put unconscious bodies in safe places.
#3LeanaunfurledPosted 10/12/2012 10:13:22 AM
Yes it does.

And no you're not doomed. Just kill less frequently, hide bodies, don't get detected, and don't kill civilians/Weepers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif
#4cheezedadadaPosted 10/12/2012 10:14:14 AM
If I choke someone out and they are unconscious...it is a kill if I dump their bodies in the water? Considering they might (probably) drown? Or if I toss them off a high bridge area to a lower area where the impact fall would kill someone.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#5Kay_Eff_Eff(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 10:16:20 AM
Aw, shoot. Well, okay...thanks for the answer.

Unrelated question:

In the first mission, you have the optional objective of trying to spare the life of a dude. I tried many times to complete the mission without killing him, but I couldn't figure out how, so I just had to let him get killed.

Does this affect the story in any significant way?
#6D_GryphonPosted 10/12/2012 10:17:12 AM
cheezedadada posted...
If I choke someone out and they are unconscious...it is a kill if I dump their bodies in the water? Considering they might (probably) drown? Or if I toss them off a high bridge area to a lower area where the impact fall would kill someone.

Yeah they'll drown or be eaten. I only put bodies in dumpsters now.

They are extremely fragile and dropping them even a few feet will kill them.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 10/12/2012 11:05:15 AM
D_Gryphon posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Yeah they'll drown or be eaten. I only put bodies in dumpsters now.

They are extremely fragile and dropping them even a few feet will kill them.

Ahh ok cool, I was really curious about this and didnt want to make a whole new thread about it.

Thanks for your help.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#8DarquePosted 10/12/2012 11:40:51 AM
Wow, this explains some of the incredibly high kill counts I got then... damned rats.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#9EmoBanger69Posted 10/12/2012 11:53:59 AM
Kay_Eff_Eff posted...

Unrelated question:

In the first mission, you have the optional objective of trying to spare the life of a dude. I tried many times to complete the mission without killing him, but I couldn't figure out how, so I just had to let him get killed.

Destroy the glasses and he will be led down into the High Overseer's "secret lair" what he will try to assassinate him, shoot the Overseer RIGHT before he succeeds and the dude will come running out, hide and choke him out as he comes out.

OR

This one is trickier but a bit faster. Knock out all the guards on the top floor that near the office and while the 2 leaving for the secret lair while they are walking out of the door choke the dude RIGHT THERE and the overseer won't be alerted, but he will start running towards the lair and walk in the rest of the way, you can kill him or knock him out and because he ran there it saves a bit of time.

Both ways are MUCH easier if you just knock out EVERY guard in the area though XP
#10Bristow84Posted 10/12/2012 4:48:24 PM
Kay_Eff_Eff posted...

Unrelated question:

what I did was unlock the time bend ability, got into the meeting room and waited with a couple sleep darts. When they entered i slowed time and shot both with a sleep dart, then the challenge is getting the guy to the safe place
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain