The Brigmore Witches F.A.Q. -Contains Spoilers-

#1OmegaForteGSPosted 8/15/2013 9:59:32 AM(edited)
Seeing how many topics are being made (usually with the same question) I decided to make this to answer the most frequently askes questions. Till someone makes a Walkthrough ofcourse ;-)

How do I know in which cell Lizzie is locked in?
Either save the guard who rescued Corvo, read the log or find Lizzie by exploring and check the ground in front of her cell to see the Cell number.
Remember, Lizzie's cell and loot in the cells is always random.

Where is the Granny Rags recipe in Draper's Ward?
When first entering the level, you will see the Hatters and Dead Eals fight. From there, once they are not looking (or with Time Freeze+Blink) go to the lower black iron balcony and open the door. Granny's recipe is on a table next to a plate.

Where do I find the ingredients for the recipe?
For the bride and groom, just place any male and female unconcious or dead body there. The wedding ring is across the river in the alley (towards the boat) in a bush.

How do I get the rune which is near the Ship inside a locked down house?
Go atop that house and jump in the water (not the ship side) and dive, you will see an underwater tunnel.

What is the password to enter the Textil Mill?
Continue with the main mission to kill/choke/sleep dart Edgar Wakefield. Warn Lizzie that you did the job and after Lizzie's speech, talk to her. She will give you the password.

What is the code for the engineering room?
There are three ways to get it:
Non-Lethal 1: Talk to nurse Trimble and do his request in restoring the waterflow in the sewer, so they can generate their own power. All Hatters become Neutral and won't attack you, unless you attack them or kill rats/fish around them.
Non-Lethal 2: Steal the sewer key from Trimble. Go through the sewers until you find a Hatter gang corpse. Loot his body to get a key. Backtrack to where you found Granny's recipe. Look up and blink through the hole in the ceiling. Open the locker and read the letter inside for the code.
Lethal: Knock out Trimble and talk to The Geezer. Collect all three ingrediants to create an anti-toxin and drink it (read next question for ingredient locations). Remove the tank with whale oil from the machine The Geezer is hooked up with. The Geezer while dying will tell you the first two numbers of the code. Making guessing the 3rd number easy enough. (All Hatters will die in this zone, causing High Chaos)

Where do I get the ingredients to make the anti-toxin?
The plant can be either bought from the blackmarket npc or for free in the dry moat near the rune(FAVOR) is located.
The rat stuff is in the Hatter's storage room on a table in a jar.
The iron dust is located on a table on the textile floor (2 workers and 2 or 3 hatters here)

I'm doing a ghost run, must I fight the witches attacking the ship?
There are two ways to deal with this.
1. Kill or choke/sleep dart ALL witches in the sewers. This includes the one talking to a Delilah statue. Open the door and sleep dart the one near the Delilah statue immediantly else after some talking she will blink out. If you have taken care of all the witches, the witches will not appear to attack when you put the coil back on the ship.
2. Freeze time and blink up. You can either do nothing while you hide. Lizzie will die, but it won't count towards your kill count. Or you can carefully snipe them from above with sleep darts.
---
Battle is my Forte
SF3 Red Joker: 3953 4956 5064
#2OmegaForteGS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:05:21 AM(edited)
Where is the Granny Rags recipe in the Brigmore Manor mission?
When heading to the mansion, go to the left and enter the greenhouse (dogs are patrolling, so watch out). Blink inside and kill/choke/sleep dart the witch. Continue to the pond in the greenhouse and blink up the window. Take care of the two witches there. Look above you and blink through the hole in the ceiling. Open the chest and grab granny's recipe.

How do I complete the Granny Rags recipe at the Brigmore Manor?
Kill three river crusts (the pods that spit) and loot their corpses. (Pull 2 works well on them too),
After that, go to the backyard via the right side of the manor and enter the partially broken building. Drink from the water there and recieve your rune.

How do I get rid of these dogs?
If you listened to your minion, you would know that you need to kill/sleep dart it first (if the dog is already patrolling). A skull will drop. Destroy the skull and the dog won't respawn anymore?

Where do I find the grave lever?
Same building you complete the Granny Rags recipe.

How do I defeat Delilah for a ghost/non-lethal run? Silence is Golden/Cleanest Hands achievement
Follow the path up the tree. Blink up to the right platform without the statue. Quickly teleport to the path behind Delilah and grab a portret of a tree.
Blink back to the platform and wait till Delilah is done painting Emily's portret. When she faces away from the portret, freeze time and blink there to replace Emily's painting with that of the tree. Time Freeze is necesarry if your reflexes aren't fast enough or else the statue near the painting will spot you!!!
Blink back up the platform and enjoy the show!

What other ways are there to get rid of Delilah?
Non-lethal #2: Fight her and beat her. She will flee in front of the painting. Sleep dart/stun mine her and put her unconcious body on the altar. Read the ritual poetry. Enjoy the scene.
Lethal: Fight and beat her, then kill her at the painting.

What happends if I don't stop Delilah?
You get a game over screen. Sadly no 3rd ending.

How do I get the 10.000 coins needed for the "Enough Coin to Dissapear" achievement?
For this, you need to have imported a save file from The Knife of Dunwall. Without that save file, you can not gather the 10.000 coins.
I myself found most coins/items in KoD. Only buying the combat sleep dart upgrade, 10 sleep darts and every "rune dropoff" favor. Had roughly 3.700 coins at the end of the Knife of Dunwall.
Only bought 3 sleep darts and in the final mission the butler favor.
I ended the game with roughly 10.300 coins.

Below is the amount of coin per level (not entirely sure on the KoD numbers)
Knife of Dunwall
A Captain of Industry - 2053 Coin
Eminent Domain - 3169 Coin
The Surge - 0 Coin

The Brigmore Witches
Choosing your Mark - 500 Coin
A Stay of Execution for Lizzy - 1655 Coin
The Dead Eels - 3520 Coin
Delilah's Masterwork - 2030 Coin

Total: 12927 Coin

In other words, get most money in both DLC and don't spend too much.
---
Battle is my Forte
#3gamesrgreatPosted 8/15/2013 10:01:23 AM
Just a note: I don't think doing the Geezer's solution is enough to give you High Chaos on the level if you don't kill anyone else
---
D-Jesus aka Flash aka 3, Christ Bosh aka the Prophet aka Raptor Jesus, King James 3:16 The Miami Heat 2012 and 2013 Champs
#4LordTrinenPosted 8/15/2013 10:09:48 AM
Good job. Very thorough.
#5OmegaForteGS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:19:41 AM
OmegaForteGS posted...
How do I get the 10.000 coins needed for the "Enough Coin to Dissapear" achievement?
For this, you need to have imported a save file from The Knife of Dunwall. Without that save file, you can not gather the 10.000 coins.
I myself found most coins/items in KoD. Only buying the combat sleep dart upgrade, 10 sleep darts and every "rune dropoff" favor. Had roughly 3.700 coins at the end of the Knife of Dunwall.
Only bought 3 sleep darts and in the final mission the butler favor.
I ended the game with roughly 10.300 coins.

Below is the amount of coin per level (not entirely sure on the KoD numbers)
Knife of Dunwall
A Captain of Industry - 2053 Coin
Eminent Domain - 3169 Coin
The Surge - 0 Coin

The Brigmore Witches
Choosing your Mark - 500 Coin
A Stay of Execution for Lizzy - 1655 Coin
The Dead Eels - 3520 Coin
Delilah's Masterwork - 2030 Coin

Total: 12927 Coin

In other words, get most money in both DLC and don't spend too much.

It seems that if you do not import a save, you will start with 3000 coins. Thus you are only allowed to miss 705 coins total if you don't import a save and don't buy any equipement/upgrades/favors.
---
Battle is my Forte
#6pothocketPosted 8/15/2013 12:38:09 PM
I did the final void level twice to see both the lethal and non-lethal outcomes. Both times playing through I didn't know the statues were supposed to act as sentries. They never did anything. Is it possible that they're not activated unless something triggers them to be active, or was I just lucky?

First time I did it was the painting switch option and, honestly, it felt "off" with how easy it was. I did lethal next and tried to OHK her but I guess she's immune to that. Still though, I was able to walk right up to her back without triggering alarms.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7OmegaForteGS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 12:56:07 PM
Probably because I didn't buy Stealth Boots 1 + 2 (since I was doing the 10k coins run as well). The statues probably notice you less with them.
---
Battle is my Forte
#8LordTrinenPosted 8/15/2013 1:23:30 PM
pothocket posted...
First time I did it was the painting switch option and, honestly, it felt "off" with how easy it was. I did lethal next and tried to OHK her but I guess she's immune to that. Still though, I was able to walk right up to her back without triggering alarms.

When I'm playing just for fun and not for any achievements I try eliminate my targets in whichever ways feel the most satisfying. In the main game I employ the non-lethal methods against my main targets, taking them out without them ever knowing I was there. Except for Daud. I openly confront him but spare him in the end.

I'm now debating how to deal with Delilah. Definitely the non-lethal method but I need to decide which way to do it. It is enjoyable to just quietly swap out the paintings, let her finish the ritual and watch her react as she realizes her moment of triumph has become her moment of failure. However at the end of my first playthrough I stayed hidden and sniped Delilah and all her clones, taking a moment during the battle to swap out the painting which did not go unnoticed by Delilah. When she is cowering in front of the portrait I sleep dart her and place her on the altar and finish the ritual. It was also satisfying to watch Delilah claw at Daud, cursing at him and trying to drag Daud into the portal with her but he clings to the altar and saves himself.

There are a lot of ways to have fun in this game. Just have to decide which way is the most satisfying.