Can this be played in third person?

#11TamericanPosted 10/3/2012 9:45:34 AM
I prefer 1st person. 3rd person view always seems 2 distract me. as I find myself looking @ my character, then out of the blue I get blindsided. @ least in 1st I pay more attention 2 my surroundings.
---
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln
#12Rasen543Posted 10/3/2012 12:50:43 PM
Screw immersion right?
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#13Kashell TriumphPosted 10/3/2012 7:16:08 PM
Personally speaking, I don't like first person shooters for a variety of reasons. The biggest is that they make me dizzy. Yep, I get light-headed and rather nauseous when I play them. Even modern games like Borderlands caused me to have to look away from the screen every couple of minutes. This is why it would have been more fun for me to get this game if it were in 3rd person. The story and the like sound great, but game play is the most important feature. And if the game is in first person, I won't like it.
---
The bible is nothing more than an astrotheological literary hybrid. PSN/Steam: Growllanser
#14Celiria_RosePosted 10/3/2012 8:01:16 PM
Kashell Triumph posted...
Personally speaking, I don't like first person shooters for a variety of reasons. The biggest is that they make me dizzy. Yep, I get light-headed and rather nauseous when I play them. Even modern games like Borderlands caused me to have to look away from the screen every couple of minutes. This is why it would have been more fun for me to get this game if it were in 3rd person. The story and the like sound great, but game play is the most important feature. And if the game is in first person, I won't like it.

as you said gameplay is the most important and this kind of game wouldn't work well with third person. The combat, the abilities, the levels, the entire game has been designed specifically around first person view. To put it in third person would make the game play worse. So as you said. Gameplay is most important. So for that the game is only first person.
#15RICHIECOQUIPosted 10/4/2012 6:56:39 AM
You can see the the guy during the cut scenes i think?!
#16cdaroPosted 10/4/2012 7:52:11 AM
Cyrus_Ramses posted...
No. Perspective isn't just a magic part of the game that you can give the player the ability to swap on command and still expect to maintain integrity of gameplay.

Thief 3 managed to pull it off pretty well...

But yeah, I have to agree that it wouldn't work for this game. They would probably have to make some gameplay changed in order to be able to put in a 3rd person option.
---
http://i.imgur.com/29s3y.jpg
"I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."
#17Reece504Posted 10/7/2012 11:29:25 AM
really wish they had a third person camera you can take cover and hide and pick pocket and go into stealth mode, you can climb and do alot of actions that most 3rd person games allow you to do but its first person. Its like playing assassins creed in first person really not as fun.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez