Having problems with stealth and I'm usually great at stealth! Help.

#1AXKSIONPosted 10/12/2012 4:08:27 PM
I have gone through Deus Ex HR and the first Splinter Cell with the platinum trophies (unseen). In Dishonored I have to constantly reload since I screw up so much.

I am playing on the most difficult setting, with waypoints turned off, but should I turn them back on, or will I be able to enjoy and explore better with waypoints turned off? What should I have my settings on for everything?

I have not finished 1 mission yet, and just went to the brewery and got all 3 bone charms. Now I am going into the Doctor's Office, or scientist or whatever.

Any tips? What am I doing wrong? I have unlocked the first levels of endurance, blink and reverse time. Also, I want zero kills this entire playthrough.

Does it count as being seen if gang members spot me, since it is not part of the main mission?

I do not like having to save and reload all the time.

MAIN QUESTION

If I screw up a mission, can I later go back to that mission and do it perfectly to unlock the stealth trophies, etc.?
#2SunricerPosted 10/12/2012 4:14:12 PM(edited)
GET DARK VISION, seriously, it lets you see enemies through walls and even their field of vision. That, Blink Lv2 and Agility is really all you need to stealth easier. Can't stress the dark vision enough though. At rank 2 it even lets you see the location of all nearby items.

I played on Hard since the beginning with waymarkers off, a lot more fun this way.
My first skills were Dark Vision, Blink and Agility after maxing Blink and Dark Vision. Slow time is useful, sure, but not essential at the beginning, you'll get plenty of runes later, trust me. With stealth, you don't really need vitality upgrades as you're not going to be spotted anyway.

If a hostile NPC see you, it counts as being spotted. Even if Weepers and dogs see you. No idea on the replaying mission question though.
#3thissongagainPosted 10/12/2012 4:16:28 PM
AXKSION posted...
I have gone through Deus Ex HR and the first Splinter Cell with the platinum trophies (unseen). In Dishonored I have to constantly reload since I screw up so much.

I am playing on the most difficult setting, with waypoints turned off, but should I turn them back on, or will I be able to enjoy and explore better with waypoints turned off? What should I have my settings on for everything?

I have not finished 1 mission yet, and just went to the brewery and got all 3 bone charms. Now I am going into the Doctor's Office, or scientist or whatever.

Any tips? What am I doing wrong? I have unlocked the first levels of endurance, blink and reverse time. Also, I want zero kills this entire playthrough.

Does it count as being seen if gang members spot me, since it is not part of the main mission?

I do not like having to save and reload all the time.

MAIN QUESTION

If I screw up a mission, can I later go back to that mission and do it perfectly to unlock the stealth trophies, etc.?

Well playing on the hardest difficulty with the way-points turned off. I hate to break this to you, but you just answered your own question. While it may seem unbelievable some games still have hard as hell modes that are not meant to be selected from a first time player.
#4najzerePosted 10/12/2012 4:20:25 PM
I don't know why you'd ever turn the waypoints off (you can select and deselect them individually from the quest screen), but you really need Dark Vision in my opinion. I'm playing on Very Hard and having no problems.
#5AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 10:14:10 PM
Thanks. About how long does dark vision last?
#6Ceadeus99Posted 10/12/2012 10:37:04 PM
AXKSION posted...
Thanks. About how long does dark vision last?

You use up mana when you activate it, but i'm pretty sure you don't use up any mana after you've activated it. Meaning you can keep it on forever.
---
If I had a quarter for every intelligent person on the Internet, i'd have two cents.
#7DeathStrikrPosted 10/13/2012 1:12:04 AM
Dark Vision doesn't last forever, not sure on exact time, but you regenerate the amount of mana used for it, so you can basically keep using it without running out of mana.
---
PSN: DeathStrikr