Granny Rags and Slackjaw - non lethal

#1FalthinPosted 10/16/2012 1:08:56 PM
Hi

Flooded district spoilers

If I kill granny rags and save slackjaw it seems to register her
As a civilian death and I lose the ghost objective even if I try and hide.

If I put slackjaw to sleep so granny gives me her key and just leave it registers slackjaw as a hostile death and I retain the ghost.

If I pickpocket granny raggs she tries to kill me.

Is there a suitable non lethal solution to this one ?
---
PSN Durzo54Blint
#2Karma3Posted 10/16/2012 1:21:09 PM
Shoot granny rags with a sleeping dart, defeat her as instructed then when you see her in her usual form shoot her with a sleeping dart again, then get her key, release slackjaw, get his stuff and hers including the rune.

Tadaa
---
Why do we fall?
#3Oni_TatsujinPosted 10/21/2012 11:18:00 AM
No, DON'T SLEEP DART her! She's a bit glitched and sleep darting / knocking her out counts as a kill even though the end-missions stats say you have zero kills. Knocking her out counts as a kill. Just pause time, grab her key, then get the heck out of there, leaving Slackjaw to his fate.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#4Karma3Posted 10/21/2012 11:50:01 PM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
No, DON'T SLEEP DART her! She's a bit glitched and sleep darting / knocking her out counts as a kill even though the end-missions stats say you have zero kills. Knocking her out counts as a kill. Just pause time, grab her key, then get the heck out of there, leaving Slackjaw to his fate.

Why did it work for me then?
---
Why do we fall?
#503153Posted 10/22/2012 5:42:23 AM
Because she's glitched? Doesn't act the same each time, safer to avoid doing it at all.
---
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5311/punchue6.gif- arsemonkey
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era.- The_Stig
#6drymwalkerPosted 10/23/2012 6:44:11 AM
For my ghost/no kill playthru I just skipped the side quests entirely and that area was walled off when I got to it, walked right out the do.
#7JagggerBombPosted 10/23/2012 6:48:16 AM
drymwalker posted...
For my ghost/no kill playthru I just skipped the side quests entirely and that area was walled off when I got to it, walked right out the do.

How did you take care of the Pendleton Twins then?
---
PSN,GC: JagggerBomb
#8najzerePosted 10/23/2012 9:20:48 AM
You still do that Slackjaw mission during Golden Cat, but as long as you don't do anything else the sewer door will already be open in mission 7 so you don't have to get the key from Granny Rags. I didn't bother going over and checking, but I doubt she's even there holding Slackjaw captive.
#9Kiro0Posted 10/23/2012 10:05:52 AM
You still do that Slackjaw mission during Golden Cat, but as long as you don't do anything else the sewer door will already be open in mission 7 so you don't have to get the key from Granny Rags. I didn't bother going over and checking, but I doubt she's even there holding Slackjaw captive.

This is entirely right. You have to do both Slackjaw's AND Granny Rags' quests in order to spawn them both at the end of the Flooded District I believe. I KNOW you have to do Granny's at least.
#10JagggerBombPosted 10/23/2012 10:12:22 AM
Kiro0 posted...

This is entirely right. You have to do both Slackjaw's AND Granny Rags' quests in order to spawn them both at the end of the Flooded District I believe. I KNOW you have to do Granny's at least.

Sweet, Ill start a new game then and wont even talk to granny, I think they may be my issue.
---
PSN,GC: JagggerBomb