Granny Rags/Slackjaw question (*spoilers*)

#1maximillianiiPosted 10/21/2012 8:43:40 PM
What happens if you kill one or both of them early in the game? How does the sewer sequence (where their last appearance is) in chapter 7 play out differently? Has anyone tried this?
#2AdenosinePosted 10/21/2012 11:58:01 PM
You can't "kill" Granny permanently until the final confrontation with her. She just explodes into rats (you read that right) and the rats try to eat you.

What I did though was I killed Slackjaw in that final segment and then threw him into the tub. I then attacked Granny, burned her cameo, killed her for real, then threw her into the tub with Slackjaw. Unfortunately there was no option to eat the stew.
---
http://adenogames.orgfree.com - Adeno's Game Development Website
#3catsimboyPosted 10/22/2012 8:19:11 PM
If you don't do it right (i.e. never meet Granny on the first mission or do something to Slackjaw) the route to her lair is blocked by rocks and the door you'd normally have to unlock with her key is unlocked already. It's a good way to not have to deal with her if you're on a no-kills run.
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy
#4BloodCurvePosted 10/23/2012 4:36:08 AM
I pretended to work with Granny and sleep darted slackjaw during that confrontation, she gave me the key and I waltzed out of there with no kills.
#5Feet in snowPosted 10/23/2012 2:40:54 PM
I pretended to work with Granny and sleep darted slackjaw during that confrontation, she gave me the key and I waltzed out of there with no kills.

I did this as well but actually got a kill for it.

I've experimented with it a bit, and when I sleep dart her (after burning the doll) it gets me a civilian kill, and if I sleep dart him it gets me a hostile kill. So I'm pretty sure that this is the kill. I'm not changing anything else.
---
"What exactly is a 'Goa' and what practical advantage does thumping them provide?" - Your Evil Twin
#6maximillianii(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 2:44:54 PM
catsimboy posted...
If you don't do it right (i.e. never meet Granny on the first mission or do something to Slackjaw) the route to her lair is blocked by rocks and the door you'd normally have to unlock with her key is unlocked already. It's a good way to not have to deal with her if you're on a no-kills run.

That's pretty useful. Of course you'd have to miss out on some of her quests and the runes she gives, but it would definitely help later.
#7cardicianPosted 10/25/2012 7:50:24 AM
I got a full Ghost walkthrough and still went through that confrontation. I just snuck into the room, didn't talk to either of them, and stole the key from her. It puts her on alert but if you Blink away and hide somewhere she won't see you (not sure if she can see you since she's blind but she won't detect you). Then I cleared out her room and the back room and continued on with the level. So basically that just leaves the two of them to work things out between themselves. Not ideal in my opinion but it did get me the full ghost ending.
---
#8Code 51 50Posted 10/25/2012 9:47:49 AM(edited)
Feet in snow
Posted 10/23/2012 3:40:54 PM
message detail

I've experimented with it a bit, and when I sleep dart her (after burning the doll) it gets me a civilian kill, and if I sleep dart him it gets me a hostile kill. So I'm pretty sure that this is the kill. I'm not changing anything else.

I'm on the last mission, played that part yesterday. I sleep darted her after i burned her cameo and put the body up on the bed. Finished the mission with no civilian/hostile kills, no detects, ghost. It only registers as a kill if you knock her our and leave her on the ground as the rats will eat her when you leave.

Same goes for Slackjaw, if you tranq dart him and leave him where he falls he'll be eaten by rats and you'll get 1 kill when you finish that section. Just remember to put the bodies somewhere where rats can't reach them and you'll be fine. :)

---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#9Feet in snowPosted 10/25/2012 1:31:12 PM
Ohh, that's a good point about the rats. I have a feeling like I did try leaving him on her bed one time, but I can't be sure.
---
"What exactly is a 'Goa' and what practical advantage does thumping them provide?" - Your Evil Twin
More topics from this board...
Convince me!tholebejo112/16 4:10AM