In regards to the ending... (spoilers, obviously)

#1DrKirrePosted 10/5/2011 10:50:15 PM
So... it was all a hallucination. And, in the end, the poor kid dies at his mother's hands. Unless I'm missing something. Am I missing something? I hope I'm missing something...
---
"Well, if the worlds gonna end, you might as well make hookers." -cckcmain's friend
#2RBF11586Posted 10/5/2011 11:20:23 PM
There are several endings.
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
#3DrKirre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 11:45:36 PM
Are you referring to the various Chest-O-Stuff endings? Alas, none of those contradict the helpless child awakening from his reverie to be butchered...
---
"Well, if the worlds gonna end, you might as well make hookers." -cckcmain's friend
#4FreakindaunPosted 10/6/2011 4:40:05 AM
Only one ending features him being killed. And that one is pretty straightforward.
---
THE ENDER OF TOPICS! GT: Sighteddeath52
"All problems can be solved with a liberal application of lasers and/or explosives."
#5WOCPosted 10/7/2011 4:10:37 AM
*Puts on smoking jacket, lights a cigar*

Isaac is likely to be already dead. All his experiences in the basement are culmination of all his neuroses and death dreams/hallucination; the different characters are essentially him, fighting Mom is her looking thro' the keyhole and beating the crap out of him with Isaac imagining the end result could have been different (epilogue), to him hoping he could have won his mother's love from birth or that he could only go back in time to his birth and not be born as he could never imagining living knowing what he' suffered (completing the game 9 times), or it could be surmised he's an "evil twin" (Cain, complete the game 9 times) or more "evil" than the game lets you know which then the very definition of evil is merely an objective standpoint (Judas).

The most definite thing is we know it's probably doing a Pan's Labyrinth, but we don't exactly know where the boundaries between reality and imagination are.

*puffs cigar, sips whiskey*

Indubitably.
---
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
#6FreakindaunPosted 10/7/2011 4:39:57 AM
^ I disagree. He only dies in the scenario where mom's arm comes out and grabs him. And with the exception of ???, all the other personalities are him. Cain is him with an eyepatch, Maggie is him with a wig, and Judas is him with the Fez.
---
"All problems can be solved with a liberal application of lasers and/or explosives."
#7riff429Posted 10/7/2011 6:31:46 AM(edited)
Freakindaun posted...
^ I disagree. He only dies in the scenario where mom's arm comes out and grabs him. And with the exception of ???, all the other personalities are him. Cain is him with an eyepatch, Maggie is him with a wig, and Judas is him with the Fez.

Perhaps you haven't seen the ending where the chest contains a noose with which he hangs himself.

edit:

This game is no different than all of the old classics that present you with a fun game first second to which is the story that backs it all up in a adequate and acceptable manner. In other words the story is loose because it's moot to the core of the game itself, which is probably little more than an excuse to have the game the way it is.
#8WOCPosted 10/7/2011 1:33:42 PM
That's not what I'm saying, chap. For those that knows what happens when you complete the game for the ninth time and reach the final boss will understand.

I'm saying all the alternate characters are Isaac and the characters themselves are merely his alter egos. Cain from the bible is known to have killed his own brother, Judas betrayed Jesus for his apparently love of money, but that have been a lie. Judas is often made an example that man is inherently evil and must be dissuaded from temptations and follow a righteous path. He could been have told by Jesus to betray him or he was compelled to do it, but it was something that he had to have done nevertheless. Despite the result or his intention, his action will always be considered evil. We have no idea what Isaac could have done, probably nothing, probably something, but only masses of ridiculous conjecture for any possible reason for him being an alternative character, Magdalene is him cross-dressing for which is quite easily extrapolated from within game...

???? was found in a chest, he dreams that he's trapped in a chest. It's feasible that he died in chest, hallucinating from oxygen deprivation and create construction horrors from his dark imagination, or it's just a game.

*grows monocle from left cheek, flies away on a jetpack*
---
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
#9riff429Posted 10/7/2011 9:58:47 PM
WOC posted...

*grows monocle from left cheek, flies away on a jetpack*

Woah. QED, my friend.
#10FreakindaunPosted 10/7/2011 11:23:40 PM
I did see the noose one. If I went through all that hell, I'd use the noose too.
---