Wait... you can't go to Sheol if you open Mom's treasure chest????

#1KalirionPosted 11/7/2011 6:17:29 PM
Dammit, I was finally lucky enough to find The Bible, so I beat Mom's Heart without taking damage and saw the Devil room door... And then I opened the treasure chest and game was over.
---
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
#2WoofrikinhawPosted 11/7/2011 6:54:26 PM
OH, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

I had heard/seen all the facts independently but had never pieced them together until now. I knew that killing the heart with no damage taken could open the way to Sheol before you beat the heart 10 times. I knew that a devil room could open after killing the heart. I knew that since the halloween patch, the only thing in said devil room is a trapdoor that leads down to Sheol (pre-patch you had the chance for a normal devil room). I just didn't realize that that trapdoor was your reward for killing the heart without taking any damage.

Relevant to your question, I assume that's the Devs' way of making you choose between your completion reward and an early trip to Sheol.
---
"If you save my life, we will rise and shine so bright that the stars go blind and leave the sky." -- Seabound, "Castaway"
#3bgbrendanPosted 11/7/2011 10:54:41 PM
nah got into sheol last night with a no damage kill

if you just enter the devil door it gives you the rewards for finishing the game as soon as the room loads

also satan kills count as mom kills =D got my 3rd and 4th kill within 20 mins cause of that =D
#4Kalirion(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 6:23:23 AM
bgbrendan posted...
nah got into sheol last night with a no damage kill

if you just enter the devil door it gives you the rewards for finishing the game as soon as the room loads

also satan kills count as mom kills =D got my 3rd and 4th kill within 20 mins cause of that =D

Damn, that would've been good to know!
---
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
#5magnum3672Posted 11/8/2011 9:51:30 AM
Ohhhhh, I got into Sheol today and I was like... I'm only on my 5th mom kill.

Now it all makes sense
---
"brown smears on wall by hoo flung poo"
#6mr_acisPosted 11/8/2011 11:29:04 AM
Yea I was pretty angry at myself for picking the chest over the devil room after my first mom kill. I still had an extra life and a full health pill on me, and full hearts, and was pretty much maxed out stat wise with brimstone, had 3 flies, an attack fly and steven floating around me.

feels bad man.
---
try spelling this backwards if you're bored !