How to find secret rooms without the X-Ray Glasses easily.

#1pogo5678Posted 6/14/2012 3:46:49 PM
I want to find the secret rooms but I dont want to use 500,000,000 bombs. Can anyone help me?
---
People who like Sonic And The Secret Rings: 2
#2Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/14/2012 4:13:41 PM
Right when the level starts look around the room. If there is a secret room in the beginning room, you'll see a hole where the room is for a split second before it turns into just a wall. Dunno if that's intentional or not, but it works. Also, check your map for rooms that are connected. If on your map you see two rooms with a blank space next to em, bomb it. Its most likely a secret room. Also if you're in a room with bombing enemies, let them bomb the walls before you kill em.
#3Perfect SierraPosted 6/14/2012 4:15:30 PM
If possible, the Secret Room will be surrounded by at least 3 other rooms. Such a set-up doesn't always occur in the Basement/Cellar, but it should do on every other level.

The Top Secret Room tends to only be bordered by one room, if possible. It's a real crapshoot, and I'm not even sure there's one on every floor, so it's not worth worrying about.

If you get Curse of the Labyrinth, however, ignore everything I've said about Secret Room locations. It messes up with the room generator big-time.
---
http://s15.postimage.org/nnpb79nuj/Pinkie_Pie_sig.gif
#4DiogenesKCPosted 6/14/2012 4:18:53 PM
One kind of secret room is only ever touching one other room. And I'm pretty sure it can't be any kind of special room.

The other kind of secret room is typically touching 3 or 4 other rooms. If there aren't any places like that, it can be placed so it's touching two rooms. Note that this room is placed after the other kind of secret room, which can count as one of the 3 rooms touching it.

The treasure map will show the location of the second kind of secret room.

There's always one of each kind of secret room on a floor.

Secret rooms are buggy on XL/Curse of the Labyrinth floors. They may not follow the rules properly, and sometimes they act like normal rooms. There's also a chance that sections of the map will be connected only by a secret room, so be careful if you're low on bombs; it's possible to trap yourself on the wrong side and be unable to continue.
---
I'm a member of the Midnight Crew
I'm a night owl, and a wise bird too
#5Perfect SierraPosted 6/14/2012 4:41:38 PM
DiogenesKC posted...
One kind of secret room is only ever touching one other room. And I'm pretty sure it can't be any kind of special room.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it can. I know I've had the Top Secret Room attached to the Secret Room before. Can't remember if it was on one of those buggy Curse of the Labyrinth floors, though. :p
---
#6saLUEtesPosted 6/14/2012 9:29:20 PM
Top secret room doesn't seem to include the secret room in it's border count.

i.e. the top secret room (in every case I've seen) borders only 1 visible room - ignore the secret room's location when looking at possibilities for the top secret room.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#7Perfect SierraPosted 6/15/2012 11:10:24 AM
Ah, that makes sense, then...
---