Training Tips and Tricks

#1VirusChrisPosted 7/22/2012 1:56:02 PM
Hey there! I'm making this mini-guide here to help players out when training their Digimon to yield the best possible stat growth as possible without trying too much headache, shorter their Digimon's lifespan, AND making the Bonus Training easier by doing these little tricks and some info on the higher bonus level training.

First off, let's talk about the Training Equipment and what they do, and a small detail about the High-Tier Bonus Training you get from the Field Training Equipment and Rosemon's Upgraded Training Gym.

Stop it here!
This training equipment is the spinning sphere with the icons on it where you have to play a matching game with get the right icon in the center when you stop to match the icon above the sphere. This training raises both Max HP by +++ and Attack by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: The sphere or wheel of icons move faster than before.

Which One is the Same
This training equipment is the dice with bombs attach to them which is another matching game like with the HP training equipment where you pick the correct dice that looks the same as the dice shown before, in a mock-memory game kinda way. This training raises both Max MP by +++ and Defense by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: The dice moves and spins around faster than before to make it harder to memorizes the placement of numbers and bombs.

Pulverize the Log
This training equipment is a long where you have to time your button input press to hit inside the red zone of the gauge where you Digimon destroys the log. This training raises both Attack by +++ and Speed by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: The red gauge is about 1/3 the size in the normal and Mid-Tier Bonus training making the timing even trickier to get.

Guard the Punch
This training equipment is a giant boxing glove design to pop out and strike your Digimon where your Digimon has to time when the glove hits them to block the attack with a well-timed button input. This training raises both Defense by +++ and Brain by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: Hardly anything changes, but the chances of the punching glove to striker earlier is a little higher than before.

Evade the Bombs
This training equipment has your Digimon avoid bombs thrown at them so they don't get caught in the explosive. This training raises both Speed by +++ and Max HP by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: Instead of 1 bomb being thrown at you until the 4th wave which starts with 2 bombs, you start and finish with 2 bombs thrown at you at once.

Ladder Lottery (a.k.a. 3D Ghostleg)
This training equipment is a 3D 3-lined ladder with other lines connected to the three lines in a maze to reach the bottom without picking the wrong starting line to the bombs bottom. This training raises both Brain by +++ and Max MP by +.
High-Tier Bonus Training version: Hardly anything changes, but I think the lines are placed more trickier or the time is a little less now. Can't tell, it's about the same as the normal and Mid-Tier Bonus Training.
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my Virakins global manga project
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
#2VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 2:13:15 PM
OK, now that we know about the Training Equipment more and their High-Tier version of the Bonus Training, here's some tricks to do during the Bonus Training that makes it much easier to task and win the bonus training, and can be a little bit faster.

Stop it here!
For the "Stop it here!" training equipment, really nothing you can do about the spinning speed BUT if you notice carefully there's a number 7 icon on the sphere and if you manage to get that icon instead of the one above the sphere, don't worry. This one counts as a special bonus icon and you always earn you a "Good!" on the bonus training so there's two icons you should always look for on this training instead of one, and if it's the Meat or Punch icon the & is right next to them so if you screw up on getting you might end up with the icon you need above (which could be the Meat or Punch icon) making it easier to win the bonus.

Which One is the Same
Now this is one that people seem to have a hard time with and would LOVE to ace this training on bonus, and there's a super simply way to remember which dice is the correct and could get it in about 2 - 3 seconds if you spot fast enough! The bombs on the dice are ALWAYS ON THE RED ONE DOT AND BLUE SIX DOT ON THE DICE NO MATTER WHAT! So regardless of knowing the numbers on the dice, just look for the blue and red on the dice and see if they have bombs on them, and if ONE of three dices has no bombs on either the red or blue spot then that's the WRONG DICE so don't pick it! I've notice this EVERY TIME I do the bonus training and it helped massively on nailing this bonus training! Also remember the color spot on the third bomb always helps a bit. Trust me, this helps a lot! Always you can go to Option 1 to 3 by pressing left so this save time when you spot the right dice on Option 3 and don't look like you have enough time to get it with two presses right.

Pulverize the Log
I can't really say on this one, it's kinda easy on the Mid-Tier Bonus but the High-Tier Bonus is trickier. All I can say is count in seconds (like this, 1001, 1002, 1003, etc.) because I believe 2 - 3 seconds in your count will get the red gauge if you time it right. The High-Tier is trickier as it's smaller than the Mid-Tier one AND the gauge speeds up closer to it, especially when I counted to 1002 (so it's like 2.5 second count), but all I can say if you manage to hit the red gauge ON THE EDGE OF THE STARTING POINT OF IT you will still get the "Good!" hit on the bonus. I've done this a few times already, just when it's about to be INSIDE of the red gauge. All I can say else is practice and get the timing right.

Guard the Punch
Nothing really to say here, but the moment you see the punch glove on your Digimon PRESS THE CIRCLE BUTTON IMMEDIATELY! Don't press is a second too late or your Digimon is flying or press it too soon because even if you see the glove hit the Digimon when your Digimon is guarding it doesn't count if you can see the "Smack" effect where the glove hits. This is one easy regardless.

Evade the Bombs
This one could be problematic if you don't time it right or see the bombs' paths correctly, but here's a sneaky trick and tip. Stay in the middle of the field no matter what because it makes it easier see the bombs coming and dodging it into the spot where it won't land in as you can quickly press the left or right d-pad AND another trick is you can still dodge EVEN IF THE BOMB IS ALMOST ON TOP OF YOUR DIGIMON and if you continue press the d-pad quick enough and get into the spot where there's no bomb landing you'll dodge it no problem!
---
#3sephiroth1491Posted 7/22/2012 2:18:29 PM
You can also recruit Metal Greymon on the tundra area and he will upgrade to high training the gym in the city. Way easier and faster than Rosemon IMO.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// Welcome to hollywood of videogames, big inversions, lowest quality.
$100 dollar memory card? I'll buy two. - Sony Fanboy on Vita announce
#4VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 2:31:09 PM
^Remember, be quick, have fast reflexes, and watch the bombs CAREFULLY! Don't want to jump right into the bomb's path, I've done that a few times but I dodge all of them roughly 70% of the time if I pay attention enough.

Ladder Lottery (a.k.a. 3D Ghostleg)
I think this is another one giving people trouble as much as the dice with bombs, but not so much. Just a simple trick to remember and it will make it easier to figure this training out, simply start at the bottom of the ladder and find the path to the finish without bombs and follow the lines back up to the correct starting point of the ladder and pick that. Just be wary that there's a time limit so make it quick, but follow the lines carefully... doing so will allow you to pick the right path and win the bonus training.

OK, that's all of my training tips to help you guys on the Bonus Training. Oh! Forgot about the "Stop it here!" training, the sphere moves faster so pressing the circle button like you always do in the Mid-Tier training will cause the jump to be another icon over instead because of the speed. But wary of this and time it before the icon you want, and sometimes a little luck helps (I can't count the times I accidentally press the circle too soon or late and somehow manage to get the right icon on that training).

Now for other tips to raise your Digimon, preventing them to shorten their lifespan, and get the best stat growth as quickly as possible.

TIPS

*Make sure to ALWAYS save before you start the Bonus Training, I usually save every two successful Mid-Tier Bonus Training and one successful High-Tier Bonus Training (because the High-Tier have a higher chance of failing and I don't want a "one step forward, two steps back" kinda thing)

*Failing a Bonus Training no matter what will ALWAYS shorten your Digimon's overall lifespan by a bit, so multiple failing could cost you a day or two if you continue so make sure you save beforehand and reload your previous save file to erase. You'll lose a few minutes of your Digimon's lifespan over possible hours or days on their lifespan.

*Make multiple save files of your training regimen, one of their starting stats when they evolved, one with their stats improved, and another when they go to save (however this is my preference, go whatever works for you). If you're not happy with the Digimon your Digimon digivolved into go back to a previous save file with the improved stats and change it, but if it's still not giving you what you want go back to what you originally had for your Digimon and start again.

*Always make sure to let your Digimon rest after a few hours of training, either by going to Jijmon's House or Angemon's Clinic. Don't overwork them, if your Digimon has the Tiredness icon above their head their Happiness goes down and their lifespan shortens a bit.

*I recommended the Training Gym in the Battle Tower as it both has the Training Equipment AND a toilet right next to it to save time and convenience to and back, also when you beat Rosemon (who appears on the 1F in the Battle Tower after a Story Event in the Battle Tower), she will upgrade the Training Gym but only in the Battle Tower. Togemon's Gym will not have the upgraded features.

*Once you get the High-Tier Bonus Training feature, use it! The chance of failing might be higher BUT your Digimon will yield about 20 or so stat growth (depending Digimon level, personality(?), and nature) for Rookie and Champions and Ultimates will yield around 30 or more stat growth making them stronger faster. I got my DemiDevimon to a 2500/300 spread in 2 days by successful winning the High-Tier Bonus Training in the Battle Tower Gym!
---
#5VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 2:41:46 PM
*Feeding your Digimon will boost their Happiness level a lot and their Disciple level a little bit, not letting them sleep (even for a few in-game minutes, especially baby Digimon) will lower both Happiness and Disciple levels. Also taking them to the toilet helps too, and this will make your Digimon live longer than if you neglect them, getting them sick or tired, or fail their training.

*Feed them items that extend their lifespan, like the Digi-Seabass and Chain Melon from DW1 (if these items return) as they give your Digimon more hours/days to live (though the Seabass had a chance of making your Digimon sick). Though there could be a cap limit to how much you can extend, just give them a little of these life-extending food and you'll keep your Digimon around much longer!

*Using Devil Chips will shorten your Digimon's overall lifespan so be careful but use them if you wan the stats you need to get to their desired Digimon form, and using Digivolution Items will NOT or barely extend your Digimon's overall lifespan so use it wisely and when you want the desired Digimon form.

*Also carry a Portable Potty with you all time (each one cost 250 bits), so in case you don't want to rush out of the Training Gym you can use it to have your Digimon go to the bathroom (I kinda miss them in DW1 where they EAT the Portable Potty which causes them to go to the bathroom XD) or you're in the field with no toilets around and lots of enemy blocking your path.

*Losing a battle and losing a heart will also shorten your Digimon's lifespan, not just simply making it die quicker from multiple losses (I don't know if the reborn Digimon doesn't get the inheritance from their past lives like with the Devil Chips) so be very careful and bring the revive disk that restores both HP and MP of your fallen Digimon.

Hmm... that's all I have. I hope this helps everyone greatly, especially with the Bonus Training. Just keep these tips and tricks in mind and you'll be fine! Soon you'll have a maxed out Mega-Level Digimon you can proudly stomp in the Arena and Story with. ^_^

@sephiroth1491
I did not know that, thanks for letting me know! I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the two, but the Battle Tower's Gym with the toilet makes it the ideal training spot for the long run because you don't have to go very far to the bathroom and lose precious training time with your Digimon.
---
#6sephiroth1491Posted 7/22/2012 2:52:08 PM
Well each his own, i find it better since it's closer to Jijimon's house to rest the digimon.

Oh and i did the training things, the DON'T count as care mistakes, if so then it still doesn't matter for most digimons, and it doesn't lower life span.

Tested this on 3 different digimons, with using the "perfect training or load game" and still got the digivolves i had when i did not. And it still will last 14-15 days at most.

It's more of an illusion it last fewer because you're wasting more in-game hours with the failed trainings.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// Welcome to hollywood of videogames, big inversions, lowest quality.
#7SayjinPosted 7/22/2012 2:56:45 PM
Another trick, which isn't so much "for" training as it is something you can do "while" training, is the daily meat farm reception. Basically, enter near one of the outer exits (rather than the one that goes to the city center), save, and then talk to Palmon/whoever. If you only get a single serving, reload and try again. There's what appears to be a 5 to 10% chance that you'll get double meat, and you can keep reloading until you get it.
#8VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 2:57:33 PM
sephiroth1491 posted...
Well each his own, i find it better since it's closer to Jijimon's house to rest the digimon.

Oh and i did the training things, the DON'T count as care mistakes, if so then it still doesn't matter for most digimons, and it doesn't lower life span.

Tested this on 3 different digimons, with using the "perfect training or load game" and still got the digivolves i had when i did not. And it still will last 14-15 days at most.

It's more of an illusion it last fewer because you're wasting more in-game hours with the failed trainings.

Thanks for those fact! IIRC didn't DW1 lower a Digimon's lifespan if you have them tired a lot? Also I remember the Digimon lasted much longer in DW1 to up to 20 days (I had a Greymon or MetalGreymon live past 22 days).

Kinda sucks you cannot extend the Digimon's lifespan (yet, I don't know if anyone's found a method to that).
---
#9sephiroth1491Posted 7/22/2012 3:00:46 PM
VirusChris posted...
sephiroth1491 posted...

Thanks for those fact! IIRC didn't DW1 lower a Digimon's lifespan if you have them tired a lot? Also I remember the Digimon lasted much longer in DW1 to up to 20 days (I had a Greymon or MetalGreymon live past 22 days).

Kinda sucks you cannot extend the Digimon's lifespan (yet, I don't know if anyone's found a method to that).

Yeah tiring them did affect your digimon in DW1, but i'm still not sure here, i rarely get them tired and even then just i think it didn't made much difference. Gonna test later if getting it tired and keep training it or waiting too long like that actually affects life span or something else.
---
#10VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 5:32:42 PM
Anyone else finding these tips and tricks helpful?
---