So another english patch topic... Help?

#1ktbanditPosted 8/1/2012 8:20:54 AM
I posted this question in two topics and it got ignored so I said eff it I'll just make my own lol.

When the English patch is released, how do I use it? I don't know anything about patches like this? Any detailed info would be greatly appreciated.
---
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ bring-digimon-world-re-digitize-psp-stateside-for-glo.html there's a space that you have to put together.
#2Kongen77Posted 8/1/2012 8:45:16 AM
ktbandit posted...
I posted this question in two topics and it got ignored so I said eff it I'll just make my own lol.

When the English patch is released, how do I use it? I don't know anything about patches like this? Any detailed info would be greatly appreciated.

Your psp needs to be hacked to apply patches. Usually a patch can be applied with a program that updates the files on the iso, or you can get lucky and find an iso of the game that is already patched. Bottom line is that your psp needs to be hacked in order to do so.
---
--- My Modus Operandi is Amalgam.
#3filanimetorPosted 8/1/2012 9:10:50 AM
Some translation patches are UMD friendly like the ones from God Eater and Project Diva Extend where they are seplugins type so you won't have to "edit" your ISO/CSO...

I'm not sure if it'll be the same for this game though but most likely it won't be....
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD
#4ktbandit(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2012 10:01:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5lusofusoPosted 8/1/2012 10:32:20 AM
filanimetor posted...
Some translation patches are UMD friendly like the ones from God Eater and Project Diva Extend where they are seplugins type so you won't have to "edit" your ISO/CSO...

I'm not sure if it'll be the same for this game though but most likely it won't be....

Even in that case you still need a hacked psp, so editing the iso it's not the problem.
---
Now playing: Digimon World, Digimon World 3, Digimon World Data Squad / Next project: Digimon World 2
Waiting for: Digimon World Re: Digitize
#6Ethereal_NightPosted 8/1/2012 10:51:12 AM
Well dang... How do I hack my PSP?

There are some tutorials on youtube, or you can google it. We can't post such information on gamefaqs - it's not against the rules to mention CFW anymore, but telling people how to install it still isn't allowed
---
If the police operated like GameFAQs mods, they'd show up at a bank robbery and shoot the civilian who says 'Oh my god they're robbing the bank!' - Miasthmatic
#7Ragnarok___Posted 8/1/2012 1:37:05 PM
So wait, I am kinda confused.
When the English patch is released, will it be released as an ISO, or something to add on to the ISO of the game?
---
It ain't easy being cheesy
#8gallantgregPosted 8/1/2012 9:21:01 PM
You need to purchase a hacksaw.
Then you apply the hacksaw to the PSP (you might need to wriggle it around a little).
Congratulations, your PSP is now hacked. =)
---
Why of course I like pie!
#9MoliviousPosted 8/1/2012 9:27:29 PM
Ragnarok___ posted...
When the English patch is released, will it be released as an ISO, or something to add on to the ISO of the game?

it might be the latter. as they mentioned using umdgen.

it would also be convenient that way, since i'd hate to spend time downloading a whole game i already have XD although do expect some "strict" requirements such as "your ISO file size must be exactly 9,765,432 KB" for this patch to work
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir.
^ sig
#10MacrossSkullOnePosted 8/2/2012 12:14:16 AM(edited)
Molivious posted...
Ragnarok___ posted...

it might be the latter. as they mentioned using umdgen.

it would also be convenient that way, since i'd hate to spend time downloading a whole game i already have XD although do expect some "strict" requirements such as "your ISO file size must be exactly 9,765,432 KB" for this patch to work

I'd rather just download a already made file. easier for me, then trying to figure how to patch it myself. I tried with the v.01 digimon patch....Wouldn't work. Had to find a already patched one, and run it with UMDGen to get it to play....So I'd rather download it already patched.
---
"Non Mihi, Non Tibi, Sed Nobis"
"Evil" Spelled bacwards is "Live". And we all want to "Live" don't we?" -Mok