I loved this game in the arcade. Is it that version or the NES version?

#1roos1046 RebornPosted 7/19/2011 3:54:31 PM
thx
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#2Rolen74Posted 7/19/2011 7:16:12 PM
It should be the arcade version:
http://www.pspminis.com/6565/snk-classics-becoming-minis-on-july-19th/

I don't think they have the rights to the NES version.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#3LegionSoupPosted 7/20/2011 5:48:46 AM
It was either an arcade version, or an old PC version of the game.
#4JefferyJediPosted 7/20/2011 10:08:59 PM
It's the Arcade version. The only bad point is that you use L1 and R1 to look different directions instead of turning the stick like the arcade. Still it's a lot of fun and a classic game.

The same is true for Guerilla War.
#5LhunthangionPosted 7/21/2011 5:25:53 AM
This came out of left field. Awesome though, because that means we're one step closer to getting Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid when my folks would give me 4 quarters, so I could play it at the local video store.
---
I AM ERROR.
#6LegionSoupPosted 7/21/2011 1:40:09 PM
How do you know it's the arcade version? I remember the arcade version having green tanks for the player, and the PC/NES versions having red and blue tanks.

Makes me think it's the PC version.
#7LhunthangionPosted 7/22/2011 6:51:56 AM
Because you can insert quarters basically (simulate it I mean).
---
I AM ERROR.
#8Atariboy1982Posted 8/20/2011 9:27:41 PM
Too bad the control is so poor.

I don't understand why they just didn't do what they did with Heavy Barrel on their Wii collection. That game also used a LS30 stick in the arcade, so they allowed people to aim with the right stick when using a GCN or Classic controller.

Why not allow the 4 face buttons of the PSP handle aiming, like something such as Robotron 2084 would've been configured on a SuperNes controller, for instance, in the pre dual analog days?

And go a step further and map your primary fire button to those same buttons, with autofire enabled so when you're aiming, you're also firing. Making you still have to hit a seperate button just to fire your primary weapons detracted a bit from how Heavy Barrel played on the Wii, even if it was accurate to the arcade game, but we also don't have a LS30 stick at home to use with these things.

The only fire button that is needed is for your secondary weapons to release a grenade.

That's how they should've did it. Instead we have this nonsense with the shoulder buttons to put up with.