I loved this game in the arcade. Is it that version or the NES version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ikari Warriors
  3. I loved this game in the arcade. Is it that version or the NES version?

User Info: roos1046 Reborn

roos1046 Reborn
5 years ago#1
thx
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

User Info: Rolen74

Rolen74
5 years ago#2
It should be the arcade version:
http://www.pspminis.com/6565/snk-classics-becoming-minis-on-july-19th/

I don't think they have the rights to the NES version.
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

User Info: LegionSoup

LegionSoup
5 years ago#3
It was either an arcade version, or an old PC version of the game.

User Info: JefferyJedi

JefferyJedi
5 years ago#4
It's the Arcade version. The only bad point is that you use L1 and R1 to look different directions instead of turning the stick like the arcade. Still it's a lot of fun and a classic game.

The same is true for Guerilla War.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
5 years ago#5
This came out of left field. Awesome though, because that means we're one step closer to getting Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid when my folks would give me 4 quarters, so I could play it at the local video store.
I AM ERROR.

User Info: LegionSoup

LegionSoup
5 years ago#6
How do you know it's the arcade version? I remember the arcade version having green tanks for the player, and the PC/NES versions having red and blue tanks.

Makes me think it's the PC version.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
5 years ago#7
Because you can insert quarters basically (simulate it I mean).
I AM ERROR.

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
5 years ago#8
Too bad the control is so poor.

I don't understand why they just didn't do what they did with Heavy Barrel on their Wii collection. That game also used a LS30 stick in the arcade, so they allowed people to aim with the right stick when using a GCN or Classic controller.

Why not allow the 4 face buttons of the PSP handle aiming, like something such as Robotron 2084 would've been configured on a SuperNes controller, for instance, in the pre dual analog days?

And go a step further and map your primary fire button to those same buttons, with autofire enabled so when you're aiming, you're also firing. Making you still have to hit a seperate button just to fire your primary weapons detracted a bit from how Heavy Barrel played on the Wii, even if it was accurate to the arcade game, but we also don't have a LS30 stick at home to use with these things.

The only fire button that is needed is for your secondary weapons to release a grenade.

That's how they should've did it. Instead we have this nonsense with the shoulder buttons to put up with.
  1. Boards
  2. Ikari Warriors
  3. I loved this game in the arcade. Is it that version or the NES version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived