Help with Dante's bold cancel teleport?

#1SinntheticPosted 2/15/2012 12:24:52 PM
Hey guys, I got down Dante's bold cancel for Volcano like its nothing, but I'm having a really hard time doing the teleport one mid combo.

I was wondering if any Dante vets could help me out by telling me what you did thought wise, and execution wise to get you through it.

Also I was wondering if there were any other BnBs besides the one the Guide lists that only does around 670k?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
---
GT: Sinnthetic
Spartan-II > Spartan-III. 3's suffer from a condition known as bloom. - Read_this_post.
#2NeonCrusaderPosted 2/15/2012 1:18:21 PM
Do

2S+Atk, 2S

instead of

S+Atk, 22S
---
AE2012: Oni
BBCS2: Valkenhayn/Hakumen
#3ProzacIsBackPosted 2/15/2012 1:21:27 PM
1) Walk backwards before doing the Cold Shower variety. This generally requires setting it up with a Hammer. this prevents the bold move crossing up, and the teleport failing.

2) Don't mash the Stinger out. Mash the cold shower if you want, but you should only be pressing 6H once. This maximizes the time you have to do the following input.

3) Immediately after pressing 6H, press 2AtkS, 2S. It should feel like one motion(6H > 2AtkS > 2S). This is the fastest way to BC a teleport. Some people prefer Atk+S > 22S, though.

4) Once you've got it down... follow it up with Hammer, not jS. It's easy, it does more damage, and won't ever give you wonky pushback problems.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#4BASEDxGODPosted 2/15/2012 1:36:15 PM
NeonCrusader posted...
Do

2S+Atk, 2S

instead of

S+Atk, 22S

This, it's two simple motions after the stinger lvl 2 lol. I just learned how to BC recently and this is the easiest method to get it out consistently I found.
#5Sinnthetic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 2:02:40 PM
NeonCrusader posted...
Do

2S+Atk, 2S

instead of

S+Atk, 22S

Wow thats genius, I never would have thought to buffer the down motion into it.
Incredible, I love the fighting game community haha.

Btw what BnB do you guys do say, if you catch a jumping character or a juggled character with a Standing A or B?
---
GT: Sinnthetic
Spartan-II > Spartan-III. 3's suffer from a condition known as bloom. - Read_this_post.
#6ProzacIsBackPosted 2/15/2012 2:21:12 PM
Sinnthetic posted...
NeonCrusader posted...
Do

2S+Atk, 2S

instead of

S+Atk, 22S

Wow thats genius, I never would have thought to buffer the down motion into it.
Incredible, I love the fighting game community haha.

Btw what BnB do you guys do say, if you catch a jumping character or a juggled character with a Standing A or B?

Damage wise, the ideal match-sensible option is something like sMHS, jMH xx Airplay, Killerbee, land, dash back sS, Charge shot xx Stinger xx BC Teleport, Hammer, land, assist extensions, Volcano~beehive xx Million Dollars.

An easier but crap damage option is to just go sMHS > Charge Shot > Prop.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#7ZeroX07Posted 2/15/2012 9:37:32 PM
so wait. I just press twice the button X (S) twice and then down down S? Im confused about this. I just thought you should press S+atk, then press down down S. Can you please make this more simple. I dont understand notations such as 6H and so on.
#8ProzacIsBackPosted 2/15/2012 9:44:58 PM
ZeroX07 posted...
so wait. I just press twice the button X (S) twice and then down down S? Im confused about this. I just thought you should press S+atk, then press down down S. Can you please make this more simple. I dont understand notations such as 6H and so on.

No. You press [ (L or M or H) + S + Down ] and the [ S + Down ]. This is faster than doing Atk+S -> Down -> Down+S.

So..

S + Attack + Down -> S + Down

6H = Towards+H. It's directions via the NumberPad on the right side of your keyboard.

Bold Cancel Teleporting is complicated, though. You'll get in over your head pretty quick, if you try to learn all Dante's combos without looking up the youtube videos and notation and such.
---
Prozac is a dick.
#9ZeroX07Posted 2/15/2012 10:02:27 PM
I can bold cancel without an issue any more but I never was able to bold cancel in the middle of the field. Once I use my hiper (lv1), I either xfactor, use the grappler, revolt shock, fireworks, then hyper. Mid-field, I can do 930,899 in damage. Thanks man, i'll try this tomorrow.
#10ZeroX07Posted 2/15/2012 10:28:06 PM
thanks alot man! you are my hero. I took me 3 days to bold cancel and another 2 days to do it properly. a day or so trying to implement it in battle. but i never was able to do teleport after stinger in mid-field. now i did it using your trick. thanks alot man. Jesus, i did it like 3 times in a row using the ps3 controller. I had to the gf is trying to sleep. therefore i cant use my joystick. but i was able to do this, all i did was press s+attk+down at the same time then i pressed s+down. I did it in one full motion during stinger. I still cant do it perfectly but I never did it frequently since you help. thaks a lot man. Im really am grateful, you are my hero, words fail to express my gratitude. you are my hero bro.