UMvC3: best offensive teams

#1WaryurZZPosted 5/22/2012 4:29:18 PM
I know I've asked before, but what are some great teams that rely on rushdown and high damage combos/ resets? (Obviously, no zonin')

I guess my team (see sig) can defintily play the power part, yet not the rushdown part. Too much in one extreme.
Anyway, are there any other teams with the right mix of both (and I don't mean balance, just incorporate decent amounts of each element to get the job done)?

So to be clear I define "most offensive team" as a team with synergy (obviously), high power, and good rushdown.

Thanx in advance!
---
@Ammaterasu: When akuma defeated you, he meant to say "I defeated a DOG!!!"
Iron Fist/ Spencer/ Dr. Doom
#2dbwangerPosted 5/22/2012 4:30:49 PM
MSP
---
PSN: MR_McDull
#3WaryurZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 4:39:56 PM
dbwanger posted...
MSP

wut is MSP?
---
#4zuzu304Posted 5/22/2012 5:01:24 PM(edited)
^magneto/storm/psylocke

otherwise not a part of umvc3 nor mvc3 but then again he could be saying
magneto/storm/phoenix. maybe

to me the best offensive teams have Zero, Spencer, or Vergil in it with at least a horizontal assist and combo extender.
---
GT: theplaya123
psn: rack1overload
#5WaryurZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 5:06:08 PM
zuzu304 posted...
^magneto/storm/psylocke

otherwise not a part of umvc3 nor mvc3 but then again he could be saying
magneto/storm/phoenix. maybe

to me the best offensive teams have Zero, Spencer, or Vergil in it with at least a horizontal assist and combo extender.

*looks at team*
That includes me I guess.. any other specific ones?
---
#6zuzu304Posted 5/22/2012 5:32:14 PM
Not saying that Zero, vergil, spencer should be on the same team. just saying that they have a place is a "best offensive team".

for a Zero team yo could use
Zero/Dante/Doom. This is a team I use. Zero can build meter fast or use it to kill and Dante is there to extend Zero combos or to come in just incase zero dies. I can also use Doom as as well. Of course Doom would be there to have the horizontal assist. Other horizontal assist characters that i would could be useful are Sentinel or Hawk Eye, just to name a few.

For Vergil I have him on a team with Dante and Doom. Dante is on point to build meter for vergil and doom is in there to help get dante or vergil inside to cause mayhem. Dante jam sessions can be used to extend combos.

For a Spencer team, I haven't really made a team around Spencer but I do like Spencer a lot though. Like I said an assist that can help lock down is best for Spencer. Doom missiles are probably best for Spencer do to how Spencer's mobility works in that it isn't as fast as Zero's or Vergil's. Vergil on a with Spencer can really help extend combos for Spencer. Spencer would then hit harder then ever.
---
#7zuzu304Posted 5/22/2012 5:38:23 PM
ok so another team that is really good offense could include Magneto(or swagneto). Good thing about Magneto is that he can rushdown or keepaway. Because of this you can make him go on point or make him second man while using his beam assist. Wolverine with Mags could work well.

But if you want to make an offensive team with Wolverine, it's probably better to have Sentinel on the team with his sentinel force assist. The projectile is slow which then lets wolverine plan out his rushdown and mixups with more time.

Wolverine/Sentinel/Wesker could work. Wesker and is samurai edge assist can be used to extend Wolverine combos.

Any specific character you want to know about?
---