Umvc3 was made due to a tsunami???

#41hdobbsPosted 8/1/2011 4:08:43 PM
$130 game. Can it benefit the Japanese after the Tsunami? You bet...

But Really? Ya Really. $130...

There's your answer.
#42Ben ReillyPosted 8/1/2011 4:10:17 PM
hdobbs posted...
$130 game. Can it benefit the Japanese after the Tsunami? You bet...

But Really? Ya Really. $130...

There's your answer.

I don't think you know how to add...
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#43kilzuh_juicePosted 8/1/2011 5:02:46 PM
For example Assassin's Creed 2.

During the game it random skips from memory 11 to memory 14.

With 12 and 13 being "corrupt"

When actually they were held back as DLC for the game.

And example of good DLC is Burnout Paradice or Little Big Planet, in both cases after the game was done the developers continued to make DLC and had over two years worth of content released.

So were those games incomplete because the developers released new DLC?

No

MvC3 was a complete game at launch, if you're not accepting of that you shouldn't have purchased it, but it was complete and they planned to add DLC, but the Tsunami and Earthquake, PSN outage, etc.. made them change there plans, and turn what would have probably been a $15 DLC update into a full game with more characters and features, and bigger changes to gameplay then what could have been done via only DLC.

BZZZZT! Wrong. Assassins Creed did not withhold DLC. Ubisoft rushed the game to comply with its yearly release and thus you had the cutting of the chapters because it could not be complete on time.

Mvc3 was not a complete game. It had no content and promised to patch in features months later that should have come with the game AFTER pushing the release date forward (event mode, spectator mode). Look at mortal kombat and tell me mvc3 is complete when compared.

Also you may quit talking out of your ass whenever you'd like. You mentioning the PSN outage proves this. Companies still released and pushed for DLC (MK being one) during the PSN outage because you still have an entire console to sell to. Companies want to get out DLC quick because people lose interest as time goes by and are less likely to buy it. Umvc3 is already 80% done and if you knew anything about game development you'd know it's been in the works for a while with this progress.

There is still absolutely NO basis that the tsunami would affect capcom and only capcom into releasing an upgrade instead of DLC because it "screwed up their development schedule" when they clearly have made great timing with Umvc3. Are you really going to be so ignorant to sit there and tell me capcom, a company who releases upgrades for a vast majority of their games and the entire SF series, is only doing it because of a natural disaster? I wish I could be so blind.
#44ShadowK_KoriusPosted 8/1/2011 5:07:09 PM
Why hasn't this thread burned down in a sea of holy fire yet?
---
PSN: Korius BB: Makoto, Platinum, MvC3 Hsien-Ko/Dorm/Tron
Hsien Ko made me a fictional necrophiliac. ~ NME_Enterprises
#45Lord_Shadow_19Posted 8/1/2011 5:10:45 PM
kilzuh_juice posted...
For example Assassin's Creed 2.

During the game it random skips from memory 11 to memory 14.

With 12 and 13 being "corrupt"

When actually they were held back as DLC for the game.

And example of good DLC is Burnout Paradice or Little Big Planet, in both cases after the game was done the developers continued to make DLC and had over two years worth of content released.

So were those games incomplete because the developers released new DLC?

No

MvC3 was a complete game at launch, if you're not accepting of that you shouldn't have purchased it, but it was complete and they planned to add DLC, but the Tsunami and Earthquake, PSN outage, etc.. made them change there plans, and turn what would have probably been a $15 DLC update into a full game with more characters and features, and bigger changes to gameplay then what could have been done via only DLC.

BZZZZT! Wrong. Assassins Creed did not withhold DLC. Ubisoft rushed the game to comply with its yearly release and thus you had the cutting of the chapters because it could not be complete on time.

Mvc3 was not a complete game. It had no content and promised to patch in features months later that should have come with the game AFTER pushing the release date forward (event mode, spectator mode). Look at mortal kombat and tell me mvc3 is complete when compared.

Also you may quit talking out of your ass whenever you'd like. You mentioning the PSN outage proves this. Companies still released and pushed for DLC (MK being one) during the PSN outage because you still have an entire console to sell to. Companies want to get out DLC quick because people lose interest as time goes by and are less likely to buy it. Umvc3 is already 80% done and if you knew anything about game development you'd know it's been in the works for a while with this progress.

There is still absolutely NO basis that the tsunami would affect capcom and only capcom into releasing an upgrade instead of DLC because it "screwed up their development schedule" when they clearly have made great timing with Umvc3. Are you really going to be so ignorant to sit there and tell me capcom, a company who releases upgrades for a vast majority of their games and the entire SF series, is only doing it because of a natural disaster? I wish I could be so blind.

Wait a minute, did you just defend Ubisoft, make an excuse for them, and then attack Capcom because of an excuse?

Again, did you just defend Ubisoft?

And MvC3 was definitely complete, you were just dissapointed, there's a difference. Hypocritical though since Assassins Creed actually was incomplete and you were perfectly ok with that.

But really, did you defend Ubisoft? People actually do that?
---
I'm in lesbians with Knives Chau
#46WRRYYYYersPosted 8/1/2011 5:11:19 PM
@kilzuh_juice

I love when people cite the "Look at how much content Mortal Kombat has" because it's hilariously stupid. Fighting games are about the fighting, not the half-ass story mode or frustratingly repetitive challenge tower, both of which have 0 reason to do again after completing it once. Fighting games always have and always will be about the fighting, nothing more. Ever wonder why MK was always considered garbage and SF was not? It's not a coincidence I assure you.
---
Official Self-proclaimed [King of Tager]
Phoenix Wright/Arthur/??? DEAR LORD THIS GAME. PSN:OrionSTARS
#47knuxnolePosted 8/1/2011 5:12:13 PM
Duh.

I think it's OBVIOUS the tsunami had an impact, look at how devastating that **** was.

It's like if Capcom was in New Orleans when Katrina hit, same exact thing.
---
Diamond FC: 0645-2246-7155
#48Lord_Shadow_19Posted 8/1/2011 5:15:37 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
@kilzuh_juice

I love when people cite the "Look at how much content Mortal Kombat has" because it's hilariously stupid. Fighting games are about the fighting, not the half-ass story mode or frustratingly repetitive challenge tower, both of which have 0 reason to do again after completing it once. Fighting games always have and always will be about the fighting, nothing more. Ever wonder why MK was always considered garbage and SF was not? It's not a coincidence I assure you.

I agree with this statement, I can't stand playing MK, the finals were fun to watch at Evo though, very hype and entertaining.
---
I'm in lesbians with Knives Chau
#49NewMoonShadowPosted 8/1/2011 5:28:51 PM
So your basically accepting that Marvel Vs.Capcom 3 was an incomplete game and now they will release what should have been the actual version of it in November?

Most games are released "incomplete" to some extent, it happens all the time due to time/budget issues. I think most game directors dream of putting out the perfect game with maximum content, but reality just shoots them down. It's not like the director just said "screw it, forget finishing Jill, I need a sandwich."

From the 8 to the 64 bit Era, hackers have found ALL KINDS of crap inside carts and discs that were never implemented into the game because they simply weren't finished on time. I'm not just talking about Capcom games either, hell there's so much unused crap inside some Final Fantasy discs you could make whole other games out of them.

It's pointless and stupid to get mad that the "game wasn't finished" unless it comes out a glitchy unplayable mess, a state that doesn't even begin to describe MVC3 in any way shape or form.

This age of Patches and DLC gives them a chance to implement these deleted features into popular games as free or paid DLC post-release, but make no mistake about it. MOST of the time, if it wasn't for the DLC, the feature probably wouldn't be there at all.