Hitstun deterioration is going to suck badly

#1Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 10/9/2011 12:21:40 PM
I hate to make this comparison, but that was one of the biggest complaints about Brawl. Now obviously UMVC3 will still have combos, but it seems like solo combos are going to be really short and uninteresting. You may need assists, xfactor, etc. to do anything crazy.The hitstun scaling in vanilla was already pretty high IMO.

I'm still extremely excited about the game, but I hate hearing about how so many combos don't work anymore. Why not just lower the damage and meter building?
---
MVC3 - Magneto, Amaterasu, Chris.
SSF4 AE - Yang, Sakura
#2litebotPosted 10/9/2011 12:25:55 PM
So far from what I have seen on the streams for UMVC3

Wesker can still do his full relaunch with otg+assists so hes unaffected big surprise
same with wolverine he can still do his full BnB

Zero on the other hand is looking really bad. every single zero was doping his standard combos and his Air lv3 Buster to down teleport relaunch was looking dam near impossible to do....

so yeah im afraid that some characters have lost some combo potential.

AKA dupr combos still work on the top tiers
Advance combos hard to possibly impossible now and must be altered to work in umvc3
---
First I whip it out, Then I thrust it with great force, Every angle it penetrates, Until with great strength I ram it in. In the end we are all satisfied.
#3ProtqgonistPosted 10/9/2011 12:28:13 PM
What combos can you not do now that you could before? Magneto's billion-hit H air dash combo? I'm ok without that.
---
PSN: G0dmqsteR
GT: Mqst3rfqbul0us
#4koga_wolf_demonPosted 10/9/2011 12:30:08 PM
I don't see the point in taking out Zero's Shippuga Loop. Granted it wasn't something to go to for damage but it's still mildly easy to do.
---
PS3 =YLOD. Official Zero of the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Boards! Team Koga NOID: Zero/Hawkeye/Vergil
ITS ULTIMATE MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE!
#5blackheart98Posted 10/9/2011 12:30:35 PM
litebot posted...

Wesker can still do his full relaunch with otg+assists so hes unaffected big surprise

Zero on the other hand is looking really bad. every single zero was doping his standard combos and his Air lv3 Buster to down teleport relaunch was looking dam near impossible to do....

Advance combos hard to possibly impossible now and must be altered to work in umvc3

That Lvl 3 buster combo isn't really due to hit stun scaling it's more because the Lvl 3 buster drops characters faster than before so you're gonna to immediately hit launcher as soon as you hit the ground.
---
SSF4 Mains: Akuma Subs: Varies (Fei-long, Seth, Yang etc...)
Them "Tales of" Fans are crazy man.
#6act_rightPosted 10/9/2011 12:33:49 PM
People are still able to do Dante's bnb's.
---
Order of Chaos - psn: act_right117
#7OrosukePosted 10/9/2011 12:37:43 PM
Anyone know if Zero's double relaunch combo still works?
---
It's better to be a flexible debater who uses dishonesty to make people think that he's right than to be a debater that is wrong all the time.-MegaSTV
#8litebotPosted 10/9/2011 12:38:58 PM
blackheart98 posted...
litebot posted...

That Lvl 3 buster combo isn't really due to hit stun scaling it's more because the Lvl 3 buster drops characters faster than before so you're gonna to immediately hit launcher as soon as you hit the ground.

That would be Impossible to do midscreen since you have to do dash first.........
---
First I whip it out, Then I thrust it with great force, Every angle it penetrates, Until with great strength I ram it in. In the end we are all satisfied.
#9ProtqgonistPosted 10/9/2011 12:54:29 PM
I say good riddance to Zero's billion hit combos as well
---
PSN: G0dmqsteR
GT: Mqst3rfqbul0us
#10PoltergustPosted 10/9/2011 12:55:27 PM
Uh, Brawl had no hit-stun deterioration. Are you talking about damage/knockback scaling for hitting with the same move? Hit-stun was always constant.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai