I've been losing to scrubby tactics

#1GoderatorPosted 1/22/2012 4:26:46 PM
let's just get it out of the way: yes I know it's my fault if I lose to these tactics etc etc

whatever
but I kept losing to a skrull who did meteor smash while calling doom missiles. since meteor smash crosses you up you cant hurt doom since he is on the other side of the screen almost instantly. He would do this the whole match along with dormommy. Another thing that I've been losing to or just find really annoying is ryu's air tatsu and yet again more doom assists.

x-23/nova/sent.

wat do. preferably tactics that aren't "counter with hypers" since meter is not infinite
#2pegasusmagic001Posted 1/22/2012 4:28:50 PM
Energy Javelin
I think that should hit Skrull
---
PSN: Pegs001, Pokemon Soul Silver - JR, 2536-5834-1053
Win - 53, Losses - 23
#3Goderator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 4:30:18 PM
then doom's missiles will hit me before or mid combo
#4pegasusmagic001Posted 1/22/2012 4:35:42 PM
Dash back/forward, block the right way
It's not like Doom's missiles hit low, I think
---
PSN: Pegs001, Pokemon Soul Silver - JR, 2536-5834-1053
Win - 53, Losses - 23
#5Lord_KagatoPosted 1/22/2012 4:37:36 PM
It's lag.

Scrubby tactics work in lag because you have less reaction time to your opponent's moves than you would offline due to button input lag. You might see the attack coming. You might hold block. But the time your block registers, the attack already landed. That's why simple teleports and bullet-loops and jab-mashing works online.
---
Kagato Let's Plays Persona 4 - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
The PS3 UMvC3 Board's Official Phoenix Wright Spokesperson and Representative
#6TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/22/2012 4:38:07 PM
It's a common misconception in this game that scrubby tactics are bad tactics. This game is built to favor safe, blind choice, high pay off mechanics.

You need to design your team to take advantage of stuff like this. Here are some tips:

-Make sure you have the ability to apply constant pressure (this means yes, a projectile or an assist that immiedtly lets you get back in)

-A setup that can be applied easily

-Something that can be done without thought (i.e. something that you can do and it has no consequences for being wrong)
---
The only thing holding Viper back is tournament results.
That's like saying something is really great, the only thing holding it back is that it doesn't work.
#7Goderator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 4:49:08 PM

It's a common misconception in this game that scrubby tactics are bad tactics.

are you saying the tactics I posted are good tactics? I doubt a higher leveled player would lose to this ever.
#8TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/22/2012 4:51:06 PM
lol did you watch the APEX gran finals? noel lost to a guy doing random dive punches with skrull.
---
The only thing holding Viper back is tournament results.
That's like saying something is really great, the only thing holding it back is that it doesn't work.
#9Salex_Posted 1/22/2012 4:55:58 PM
How is it your fault for losing to meteor smashes (which is completely random) with hidden missiles? If the super skrull player is in the air right after he uses hidden missiles you will get hit out of your hyper.
#10Snorlax_exlaxPosted 1/22/2012 4:57:53 PM
I've been scrubbing to losing tactics.
---
PSN : exChardude
Sup