What Makes a Good Anchor Exactly?

#1SpacePirateSealPosted 2/1/2012 12:21:06 AM
Is it their ability to abuse lvl 3 Xfactor? High health? Damage? Survivability? And what kind of character would someone put as their anchor to counter other anchors?
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE: Vega SFxT: Vega x Yoshimitzu
UMVC3: Taskmaster/Strider/Deadpool PKMN Black FC:442728699532
#2TheSteelPhoenixPosted 2/1/2012 12:24:09 AM
Usually how good their assist is, how effective they are with no assist, and how well they can use X-factor.
---
The only thing holding Viper back is tournament results.
That's like saying something is really great, the only thing holding it back is that it doesn't work.
#3Masemune_100Posted 2/1/2012 12:32:33 AM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
Is it their ability to abuse lvl 3 Xfactor? High health? Damage? Survivability? And what kind of character would someone put as their anchor to counter other anchors?

Strider motha****ing Hiryu.
---
Judge, Jury and Executioner
Rule #1 of UMvC3: Don't break the sunglasses.
#4SpacePirateSeal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2012 12:34:24 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
SpacePirateSeal posted...

Strider motha****ing Hiryu.

Usually when Strider is my last character it never ends well, most of the time I have less than 1 bar left (I burn lots of hyper meter using Taskmaster) and..... well... IDK, probably not that good with him lol...
---
#5Masemune_100Posted 2/1/2012 12:38:28 AM
My teams aren't very meter dependent (Zero/Dante/Strider, Mags/Frank/Strider) so I have meter to blow. But Strider doesn't need meter, it just guarantees a dead character, be it to Ouroboros or Ragnarok.
---
#6SpacePirateSeal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2012 12:46:14 AM
Makes sense, I think, but I do have more success with Deadpool as the anchor character. Something about the way he plays seems to open people up when I shoot guns and then teleport right behind them, then back to the other side and shot them again...
---
#7Masemune_100Posted 2/1/2012 1:00:59 AM(edited)
Just use who you're comfortable with/who you like. That's what I do.
---
#8Nomorice4UPosted 2/1/2012 2:32:56 AM
I don't know why but people seem to get very confused when Frank is the last man standing, throwing pies in their faces. Happens a lot with my anchor Frank...no one seems to know what to do against a zoning Frank.
---
Explosive Remnants of War
#9Chat NoirPosted 2/1/2012 2:44:01 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
Just use who you're comfortable with/who you like. That's what I do.

Honestly, this. I mean they are things your anchor should be able to do, but in the end all that matters is that you team works.
#10EnigmaSoulPosted 2/1/2012 3:06:07 AM
A good anchor has the following qualities
1. A great assist
2. Great solo mixup ability
3. Great XF abuser
4. Fullscreen hyper
5. Can kill off of a throw
---
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
- Malcolm X