Is there any love for Chris here?

#1dawnsetPosted 4/17/2012 9:41:51 AM
since it seems like no one talks about him tbh. anyway i played him for a bit in Vanilla, but i am interested in picking him up again.

So any tips for using this underrated RE character? since i am thinking of Chris/Morrigan/either Vergil (yes i am thinking of picking him up again) or Dormmy.
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome
#2Zanmato555Posted 4/17/2012 9:48:22 AM
When armando gets on, he'll give you the d'lo. Best chris on Gamefaqs i'd say.
---
The best player is ZTS_vs_Deck - Itachi_Sasuke13
So itachi is ZTS. LMAO! Confirmed http://puu.sh/muMq < lol
#3P1_JakePosted 4/17/2012 9:48:39 AM
dawnset posted...
since it seems like no one talks about him tbh. anyway i played him for a bit in Vanilla, but i am interested in picking him up again.

So any tips for using this underrated RE character? since i am thinking of Chris/Morrigan/either Vergil (yes i am thinking of picking him up again) or Dormmy.

Chris w/ Rapid Slash and cover Morrigan for Dark Harmonizer? Pretty solid. The only trouble I can kind of see is if someone super jumps straight over Vergil and any of your gunshots. I usually keep Dante with Chris for an AA assist, so in this case Dorm with Purification would be good, not only that, but if Chris let Morrigan build meter as an assist, Dormmy will have XF3 with plenty of meter.
And for Chris in general, Maxamillian recently did his Assist Me, but im sure you might have already seen that.
---
Gamertag: Mr Dante / PSN: Fr3ndly_F1R3
Youtube.com/P1Jake
#4DarkKirby2500Posted 4/17/2012 9:48:58 AM
Check out LLND from the last The Runback.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/videos

And also check TA Predator on East Coast streams like Big Two.

LLND has the better Chris in my opinion though.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#5DrunkenPilot72Posted 4/17/2012 9:59:10 AM(edited)
-Mines are deceptively good anti air
-Jumping Magnum is vital for keep away and OTG follow ups
-Grenades are best used with an assist or for incoming characters after KO
-Flame thrower stuffs tri jumping
-s.M whiffs hard on crouching opponents, modify your ground magic series accordingly
-Listen to Armando

---
PSN: vyers72
#6GreivorPosted 4/17/2012 10:34:40 AM
For one second I read "Is there any love for Chris G Here?"

LOL
#7dawnset(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 9:46:41 AM
Greivor posted...
For one second I read "Is there any love for Chris G Here?"

LOL

lol but i'm not really in the tourney scene
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome
#8Dragonboy86Posted 4/18/2012 11:21:18 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Check out LLND from the last The Runback.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/videos

And also check TA Predator on East Coast streams like Big Two.

LLND has the better Chris in my opinion though.

LLND is back? Must track for later viewing...

Yeah Chris is the most balanced character in this game IMO. He can body half the cast and get owned by the other half without a specific team setup. I'm trying to get back into Marvel since SFxTK ended up being less great than I expected. Chris was awesome before I started on SFxTK. Coming back and I'm getting bodied left and right because my inputs are sloppy (thank SFxTK's DP shortcuts), but I digress.

Pretty much what everyone said here is correct. Also, his Cr.M is has deceptively good range and his J.H is a decent cross-up if spaced right. Remember that he can combo pretty good off his grabs.
Grab, cr.H>QCB+H, Air QCF+H, S...(insert combo here).

As for a team setup, he needs a projectile assist to help him keepaway when necessary and a good anti-air assist. The mine is a good anti-air (AKA anti-dive kick), but it's generally not fast enough to use on reaction, but great if you can predict early enough. Dante, Dorm, Haggar, and Akuma fit the anti-air assist while Taskmaster, Doom, Magneto, and Sentinel fit the projectile assist.

TC's team idea works in theory I suppose, but I personally would get rid of Morrigan because even though she can build meter for Vergil, she doesn't really do anything for Chris, but if you do insist on using Morrigan with Chris, just use Dorm as an anchor since he can benefit from Soul Harmonizer more than Vergil can and provides Chris with a good anti-air assist which can kind of double as a decent keepaway assist. Plus, Chris has a lot of health and can be a decent meter builder, which means you might have some meter leftover for Astral Vision shenanigans and still have enough meter for Dorm to benefit from.

Overall, there is love for Chris. It's just not very vocalized.
---
Mains: SCV: Cervantes, Tira, Pyrrha. UMVC3:Chris/Task/Akuma SFxTK:Kazuya/Julia
I play not to win nor for fun, but for the challenge.
#9DarkKirby2500Posted 4/18/2012 11:26:51 AM
@Dragonboy86

Not only is LLND back, he got sponsored and is now "IGL LLND".

In the last The Runback as I mentioned he was using Chris extremely well and showing off new Ammy X-Factor infinite sword combos.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#10Dragonboy86Posted 4/18/2012 11:32:00 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
@Dragonboy86

Not only is LLND back, he got sponsored and is now "IGL LLND".

In the last The Runback as I mentioned he was using Chris extremely well and showing off new Ammy X-Factor infinite sword combos.

LLND is moving up in the (FGC) world...I'm glad.

Ammy...I wish I could use Ammy...weapon changes mid-combo are pretty hard on a pad.
---
Mains: SCV: Cervantes, Tira, Pyrrha. UMVC3:Chris/Task/Akuma SFxTK:Kazuya/Julia
I play not to win nor for fun, but for the challenge.