The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

what exactly is a reset

#1TatsumaruShadowPosted 5/2/2012 10:51:47 PM
is it a combo where they have to roll out a certain way and you can grab them? and how do you calculate damage for reset comboes?
---
PSN: Mr_Teabo
#2Dragonboy86Posted 5/2/2012 10:56:10 PM
Basically you got it.
However, Resets are somewhat hard to utilize because 1)some are situational 2) Comboing off a throw is different for some characters. Some characters can't combo off their grab without the need for an assist.

It's up to the player's judgement to go for them. If it can kill a character or build the meter to kill off the next character, go for it.

To calculate damage, just get the damage you did before attempting the reset and add it to the damage after comboing off the reset.
---
Mains: SCV: Cervantes, Ezio Auditore, Leixia UMVC3:Chris/Task/Akuma
I play not to win nor for fun, but for the challenge.
#3TatsumaruShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:08:17 PM
ok thanks that's what i was thinking just wanted to be sure, was messing around in the lab and i thought i found a rest for strider that i didnt remember seeing before, in the corner off of formation b
---
#4MwarriorHieiPosted 5/2/2012 11:08:38 PM
a reset is intentionally stopping a combo in a way that puts the opponent in a confusing position, allowing you to start another combo (resetting the combo count, hitstun, and damage scaling).
---
o.o
#5TatsumaruShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:18:17 PM
i think this is the notation:

s.H, c.H, 6H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, 236L, jump, j.M, j.H, j.S, land, 214S, 214S, jump, air throw, assist(akuma tatsu), 236M, s.H, S, j.M, double jump, j.H, j.S, land ,legion

does about 778k, which i think is pretty good for strider off of one bar no XF

so this would be considered a reset right?
---
#6TatsumaruShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:21:20 PM
sorry forgot one part:

s.H, c.H, 6H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, 236L, jump, j.M, j.H, j.S, land, 214S, 214S, jump, air throw, assist(akuma tatsu), slide, 236M, s.H, S, j.M, double jump, j.H, j.S, land ,legion

forgot the slide to otg them into tatsu
---
#7TakarimonPosted 5/3/2012 3:57:55 AM
Eh, every Strider player and their mom is using this ;) But yeah, that's a reset. It's even harder to react to if you add a quick s.L after firing the bomb sometimes to mess up their tech timing.
---
You have as little life as Phoenix and Seth.
#8TatsumaruShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 4:09:47 AM
haha thanks i dont see very many striders, and the ones i do are either herpderp formation b wall cling, or XF3 Oro lol
---
#9junior8513Posted 5/3/2012 4:57:31 AM
Resets dont have to start with a grab though.
#10TatsumaruShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:56:24 AM
o cool thanks for the tip didnt know that
---