Phoenix Wright corner unblockable?

#1InuyazeiahPosted 6/12/2012 8:33:27 PM
Been constantly changing teams in this game for a while since i love trying out different characters, New team now is Phoenix Wright/Chris/Spencer. Before while using Phoenix wright sometimes I would just use his paperwork during matches and it would luckily hit the opponent in the back giving me a free combo. It happened rarely and I never really thought much of it until I was in the lab practicing a 1mil, 1 bar combo of turnabout wright. Since the paperwork is able attack from behind and as a medium hit, I tried it at the end of an air combo when the practice character was on the ground. Rather than end the combo with the Judge hyper, I used Paperwork High H. Since I knew it hit from behind and medium, I instantly did a low L attack and everytime the computer would get hit. Since Im still practicing with Wright and spencer, ive yet to try it online until Im ready. However, since this was done during training, Im not sure if it really is an unblockable because Ive yet to try it on real opponents.
#2The_wolf_XantosPosted 6/12/2012 8:34:32 PM
It's not a real unblockable, the computer actually blocks unblockable setups.
---
Money! Babes! alcohol! Gwahahahahaha!!!!
#3fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 6/12/2012 8:40:56 PM
Since the paper hits mid, can't you just block low in regards to PW? It doesn't matter what direction other attacks are coming from as long as you're in blockstun from your opponent's point character.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#4Inuyazeiah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 8:49:35 PM
Yeah you can block low to block from Wrights low, however, when this is timed correctly, if they block the low, the paper will hit them from the back mid, if they block mid, the low will hit them which is why I believe it could be an unblockable. Like I said though, I havent tried it online and I wont be going online until I feel comfortable with this new team which is why maybe another wright player can try this see if it really works. The paperwork H dissapears fast, so when this is done, the paperwork must be done almost as soon as the opponent gets up, the paper will hit from behind and wright will hit low.
#5kebinnnnPosted 6/12/2012 9:01:20 PM
i dont think you understand blocking in umvc3 completely yet.

to block you have to hold the direction away from opponent (then high or low). If something is hitting you from behind but your opponent is in front you still have to block away from opponent and it will guard whatever is hitting you in the back. good examples are shield slash. do you block shield slash differently when it hits you in the front and back and opponent remains in fron of you. no you dont .
---
The Official Zero of the MVC3 Board
#6StrykeBlaydePosted 6/12/2012 9:05:09 PM
Inuyazeiah posted...
if they block mid, the low will hit them which is why I believe it could be an unblockable.

What the above poster said, and blocking in Marvel isn't the same as SFxT/Tekken/etc. To block mid, you simply block the right direction, it's not dependent on whether or not you're blocking high or low.
---
Too Many UMvC3 Teams to Count!
BBCSEX: Lambda-11/Mu-12
#7kebinnnnPosted 6/12/2012 9:08:36 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
Inuyazeiah posted...
if they block mid, the low will hit them which is why I believe it could be an unblockable.

What the above poster said, and blocking in Marvel isn't the same as SFxT/Tekken/etc. To block mid, you simply block the right direction, it's not dependent on whether or not you're blocking high or low.

actually its exactly the same in marvel and sfxtekken iunno about tekken because i never reallly tried to dig into that game yet
---
The Official Zero of the MVC3 Board
#8Inuyazeiah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 9:10:01 PM
Actually, I know that already. Sorry if Im confusing you guys but the point is not that it is attacking from the front or the back, the point is that the paper will hit from behind MID, while if done correctly, Wright will hit low at the same time. So the result being that as soon as the opponent gets up, the will be hit mid with the paper, and low by Wright both at the same time.
#9StrykeBlaydePosted 6/12/2012 9:11:15 PM
kebinnnn posted...
actually its exactly the same in marvel and sfxtekken iunno about tekken because i never reallly tried to dig into that game yet

In SFxT and Tekken(where this mechanic came from and why it's in the crossover), you block low and high-hitting attacks completely miss, unlike in Marvel where blocking low gets you hit by a high-hitting attack. The mid-hitting attacks in Tekken are actually what beat blocking low, while mid basically doesn't exist in Marvel.
---
Too Many UMvC3 Teams to Count!
BBCSEX: Lambda-11/Mu-12
#10fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 6/12/2012 9:14:04 PM(edited)
Inuyazeiah posted...
Yeah you can block low to block from Wrights low, however, when this is timed correctly, if they block the low, the paper will hit them from the back mid, if they block mid, the low will hit them which is why I believe it could be an unblockable. Like I said though, I havent tried it online and I wont be going online until I feel comfortable with this new team which is why maybe another wright player can try this see if it really works. The paperwork H dissapears fast, so when this is done, the paperwork must be done almost as soon as the opponent gets up, the paper will hit from behind and wright will hit low.

Umm... Just so you know TC, mid attacks have no mixup value when it comes to height. You can block mid attacks with all blocks; jumping, standing, or crouching. So you just need to block low. And as I said before, it doesn't matter which direction the attacks are coming from as long as you block the point character. So this is blocked simple by holding down and back.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!