Starting to think EVERY team should have doom...

#1FirsnachiePosted 10/1/2012 7:19:24 AM
Anyone else think doom is the sent of MVC3?

Eventually I feel like he will. I'm picking up doom and putting him on all my teams :/
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#2liltaggPosted 10/1/2012 7:28:33 AM
not necessarily.

I do think every serious team should have one of either Sent drones, Ammy cold star, or Doom missiles though. Those all just let you go nuts, and it's damn near impossible to block all the mix-up you can throw at someone who gets stuck in those assists.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#3DopplesPosted 10/1/2012 7:42:39 AM
It's been apparent for a while now that a good lockdown assist will get you VERY far in Marvel 3, even since Vanilla with Akuma's tatsu assist. Why do you think Akuma and Wolvie were considered BFFs? :P
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#4Darknessbeast10Posted 10/1/2012 7:53:20 AM
Dopples posted...
It's been apparent for a while now that a good lockdown assist will get you VERY far in Marvel 3, even since Vanilla with Akuma's tatsu assist. Why do you think Akuma and Wolvie were considered BFFs? :P

This.

This games all about the dirty man, you find a way to make your oppenent stay in blockstrings, force 50/50's, etc then you will get very far.

Missles
Cold Star
Drones

While great each has their faults.

Missles stay out for a while. ( not that it's easy to punish but it can be done )
Sentinel is a HUGE target/low life
Ammy has low life so one bad assist call and it's night for her.

Find a cheap, dirty combo of characters and yeah, you will do just fine.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#5WiNdDeMoN150Posted 10/1/2012 8:18:23 AM
Dopples posted...

I wish Akuma's tatsu was still as good as it was in Vanilla. Oh well, it still is a good assist I suppose.
---
The darkness in your soul disgusts me.
#6OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/1/2012 10:01:47 AM
WiNdDeMoN150 posted...
Dopples posted...

I wish Akuma's tatsu was still as good as it was in Vanilla. Oh well, it still is a good assist I suppose.

Has it actually lost any priority at all?
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#7GyudonKillerPosted 10/1/2012 10:11:46 AM
I've been seeing a lot of Doom recently. It seems that everyone has at least a pocket Doom, including myself. Most of it is due to the missiles. That is undeniable.
---
XBL:GyudonKiller
UMvC3:Dormammu/Skrull/Doom, SSFIVAE:Chun/Cody, SG:Cerebella, P4A:Chie
#8liltaggPosted 10/1/2012 10:29:07 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
WiNdDeMoN150 posted...
Dopples posted...

nah, but it's not soft knockdown anymore, so depending on who you use it can be more difficult to pick up (and nowhere near as good mid-combo)
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#9OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/1/2012 10:42:07 AM
liltagg posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
WiNdDeMoN150 posted...
Dopples posted...

nah, but it's not soft knockdown anymore, so depending on who you use it can be more difficult to pick up (and nowhere near as good mid-combo)

That's the one nerf I knew about but I yea ... I think priority wise it is still the same.

Wesker combos off of Ryu Tatsu mid combo easier now than Akuma.

Use to be the other way around as Ryu's Tatsu assist use to be pretty slow coming out while Akuma's was faster and gave you all the time in the world to combo from it.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#10lol_whatPosted 10/1/2012 1:07:13 PM
sentinel wasn't on every team, though?

doom is the capcom/cyclops/psylocke of this game