So what happened with Combofiend

#121SldSnak4Posted 10/4/2012 3:05:28 AM(edited)
EndingTempest posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
I_liek_mudkieps posted...
SldSnak4 posted...
Really? You must step on your mothers miscarriages while pleasuring yourself in the bathroom to your fathers after shave.

what
the

Read The Darkness (comics)...apparently insults are an art that is neglected by Americans who constantly say the same things over and over. He is trying to do just that, turn insults into an art form...if those are his and not from the internet or any other pop culture reference then he is very creative. I like him already.

And the reason us "Americans" think what he says his wack and lame, which it is, It's because we see way worse things than that on tv and movies. Hell even videogames. I grew up on blood and guts. Please try harder.

You really have no understanding of context. Your a sad little boy who can't have fun. Combo wasn't representing anyone, just throwing a joke out for a laugh. If you didn't find it funny don't laugh. It doesn't affect you or homosexuals in any way.
#122soul_assassin23Posted 10/4/2012 3:00:31 AM
I know this thread is pretty much over, and I'm not gonna comment on combofiend. But I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of EndingTempest (although I don't have anything against him. I just think people need to quit being so sensitive).

Your whole argument is that a single word can be incredibly offensive and shouldn't be taken lightly, yet on several occasions I saw you use terms in a blasphemous context that could greatly offend someone with religious beliefs. Using the phrases "Omg," meant to mean "Oh my God," or " . . . Jesus," or even saying "I must be Jesus" is using the lord's name in vain and is something that a lot of people don't believe in. And falsely claiming to be Jesus Christ is unbelievably offensive.

And don't try to respond by saying that you were just joking, or that it wasn't used in context, or that it isn't serious to you personally, because that's exactly what you chastised Combofiend and the FGC for. Check and Mate.

Also, people seriously need to grow thicker skin. It's like the whole bullying thing nowadays. People are acting like bullying is worse than ever when it was clearly much worse in the past. The problem isn't that there's more bullying. It's that a lot of kids are sissies now. It's like they think someone is bullying them because they didn't like their facebook post fast enough.
#123SldSnak4Posted 10/4/2012 3:24:08 AM(edited)
soul_assassin23 posted...
I know this thread is pretty much over, and I'm not gonna comment on combofiend. But I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of EndingTempest (although I don't have anything against him. I just think people need to quit being so sensitive).

Your whole argument is that a single word can be incredibly offensive and shouldn't be taken lightly, yet on several occasions I saw you use terms in a blasphemous context that could greatly offend someone with religious beliefs. Using the phrases "Omg," meant to mean "Oh my God," or " . . . Jesus," or even saying "I must be Jesus" is using the lord's name in vain and is something that a lot of people don't believe in. And falsely claiming to be Jesus Christ is unbelievably offensive.

And don't try to respond by saying that you were just joking, or that it wasn't used in context, or that it isn't serious to you personally, because that's exactly what you chastised Combofiend and the FGC for. Check and Mate.

Also, people seriously need to grow thicker skin. It's like the whole bullying thing nowadays. People are acting like bullying is worse than ever when it was clearly much worse in the past. The problem isn't that there's more bullying. It's that a lot of kids are sissies now. It's like they think someone is bullying them because they didn't like their facebook post fast enough.

The problem today is what is being considered "bullying". Take that news woman who was offended by criticism over her weight. She wasn't being "Bullied" or teased but was criticized for her weight in a visual media outlet by a jerk. Instead of admitting she was hurt by something she has struggled with for a long time, she became a "victim" of a "Bully".
It's a weird world where you can only be yourself to a close group of people when media can stretch all over the world and is accessible at everyone's fingertips.

I love the atmosphere of these streamed tournaments cause they all seem to know everyone and can be themselves. To try and take that away cause a couple of people don't like what they heard is just crap.
#124EndingTempestPosted 10/4/2012 7:55:48 AM
Glad u picked up on that assassin. That would be some thing someone would find offensive if they believed in Jesus isn't it?

Y'know every single one of you that has replied only fully corroborates my view of that people think its okay to attack gays frivolously. Not one of you "regulars" on here have even once tried to look at this objectively. It's cool. Like I said earlier, you guys have your views and I have mine. Oh no I said OMG and Jesus. But I can see how that can be the same as the f bomb. Oh look the mods didn't take it out. Would you look at that. You do not shake me. In fact you strengthen my resolve that the FGC is a bunch of confused homophobic prepubescent boys trying so very hard to be adults.
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction
#125EndingTempestPosted 10/4/2012 8:03:50 AM
And bullying is not the same. It's worse. The advent of twitter facebook you tube makes bullying and instaneous and exponentially more widespread event that can lead children to take their own lives. Have you not heard of the it will get better campaign? Look into it. Then tell me in your infinite wisdom GFAQS inhabitants if bullying is on the decline. But I digress.

I'd like to see a couple of non-Neanderthal based views before I completely move on from this topic. To where I would like to point out that I have never attacked anyones character until they did so to me. Just trying to have open discussion with out animosity. (it's turning out awesome right? Right?)
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
#126EndingTempestPosted 10/4/2012 8:14:08 AM

Dude really. The dude asked if I was Jesus? Really? I replied in a what I thought was an overtly sarcastic way because I'm all these effing things to all these people I must be jesus. Btw I am catholic so take what you will from there. He asked if I was Jesus a guy typing a post on gamefaqs! But all of a sudden we're going to take him seriously. Okay I see what I'm working with. Lol.
---
#127Clark812Posted 10/4/2012 8:48:15 AM
#Gorillas
#128soul_assassin23Posted 10/4/2012 10:15:34 PM
Glad u picked up on that assassin. That would be some thing someone would find offensive if they believed in Jesus isn't it?

Y'know every single one of you that has replied only fully corroborates my view of that people think its okay to attack gays frivolously. Not one of you "regulars" on here have even once tried to look at this objectively. It's cool. Like I said earlier, you guys have your views and I have mine. Oh no I said OMG and Jesus. But I can see how that can be the same as the f bomb. Oh look the mods didn't take it out. Would you look at that. You do not shake me. In fact you strengthen my resolve that the FGC is a bunch of confused homophobic prepubescent boys trying so very hard to be adults.

Every post in response to mine has been filled with so much irony that I shouldn't even post back. But, I'm bored. You ignored the part where I said that you thinking "oh my God" isn't a big deal is EXACTLY the same as someone thinking that dropping an F bomb isn't a big deal. In principle, it's the same thing. So how can you agree with one but not agree with the other? No matter how you attempt to rationalize it, that's practically the definition of hypocrisy.

You said to look at it objectively (which is precisely what I did. Notice how I didn't comment on the combofiend situation, just the flaws in your argument?), yet you have a clear bias towards support of gays (which I have no problem with. I have gay friends. And they drop the F bomb more than I do, ironically) and against the respect of peoples religious beliefs. You were the one that didn't look at it objectively. Then you go on to insinuate that I am a neandrothalic, immature homophobe, when in reality I took the most mature approach to the topic by looking at it objectively.

Also, the bullying thing, I can kind of agree with you. But I still don't think it is worse. Sure, it gets to you faster, and you might here a few more things you wouldn't have heard without the internet, but bullying has always existed. I don't think it has increased like people are saying it has. I don't understand why people are acting like it's a new thing. The thing about our media-connected society now is that they blow things WAY, way out of proportion, and bullying is one of those things in my mind.

Bullying sucks. It's wrong and should be stopped definitely. But I don't think its so much more prevalent now than it was 10, 20 or even 30 years ago. And I'll just say this, getting your ass kicked is a hell of a lot worse than going to your twitter page and seeing someone that posted a comment saying "#yousuck." We need to distinguish what's real bullying and focus our efforts on putting an end to that. Otherwise, kids need to toughen up and stand up for themselves for a lot of the other stuff (like we did when we grew up).
#129EndingTempestPosted 10/5/2012 1:49:01 AM

Every post in response to mine has been filled with so much irony that I shouldn't even post back. But, I'm bored. You ignored the part where I said that you thinking "oh my God" isn't a big deal is EXACTLY the same as someone thinking that dropping an F bomb isn't a big deal. In principle, it's the same thing. So how can you agree with one but not agree with the other? No matter how you attempt to rationalize it, that's practically the definition of hypocrisy.

You said to look at it objectively (which is precisely what I did. Notice how I didn't comment on the combofiend situation, just the flaws in your argument?), yet you have a clear bias towards support of gays (which I have no problem with. I have gay friends. And they drop the F bomb more than I do, ironically) and against the respect of peoples religious beliefs. You were the one that didn't look at it objectively. Then you go on to insinuate that I am a neandrothalic, immature homophobe, when in reality I took the most mature approach to the topic by looking at it objectively.

Also, the bullying thing, I can kind of agree with you. But I still don't think it is worse. Sure, it gets to you faster, and you might here a few more things you wouldn't have heard without the internet, but bullying has always existed. I don't think it has increased like people are saying it has. I don't understand why people are acting like it's a new thing. The thing about our media-connected society now is that they blow things WAY, way out of proportion, and bullying is one of those things in my mind.

Bullying sucks. It's wrong and should be stopped definitely. But I don't think its so much more prevalent now than it was 10, 20 or even 30 years ago. And I'll just say this, getting your ass kicked is a hell of a lot worse than going to your twitter page and seeing someone that posted a comment saying "#yousuck." We need to distinguish what's real bullying and focus our efforts on putting an end to that. Otherwise, kids need to toughen up and stand up for themselves for a lot of the other stuff (like we did when we grew up).

So what's your point. All those lovely little paragraphs don't mean diddly if no can tell where the f you're coming from. Playing the devils advocate? Cool, but explain it as such of that's what your going for. Lord.
---
#130EndingTempestPosted 10/5/2012 2:09:15 AM(edited)
And of course I have a bias towards gay people I AM GAY! WTF do u think I'm arguing for? My health? Jesus.
---

Oh and soul assassin if you think you're a neandrothalic immature homophobe that didn't come from me. Those are your own demons you have to face. That's something that you and you pharmacist should face head on together. Best wishes.