So what happened with Combofiend

#31EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 8:11:02 AM
Darksteel posted...
Chat Noir posted...
bobaban posted...
No one cares about the liberal use of the word *** or its denominations. Lots of guys say it within their circle of friends. Publicly it's taboo because people are so sensitive and don't like to know how people actually are.

Wake up buddy. It's 2012 not 1960. If you still drop f bombs in public, you're an idiot.

He didn't mean to say it in public though, he thought only his friends could hear him. You're telling me that you are 100% PC when you're having a private conversation with your fiends?

Yes, it's called being a civilized human being. Or an adult. You should google it.
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction
#32alphame4Posted 10/2/2012 8:25:14 AM
smoky820 posted...
its not even worth looking for really, its nothing like what killer kai did if thats what you are thinking

What did kai do? Im curious
---
i5 2500k @ 4.7 Ghz | Asus P8P67 Pro | 4Gb EVGA 670 SLI | 16GB Ripjaws 1600 Mhz | OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb SSD
#33OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 8:26:57 AM
It didn't even sound that bad. Plus I believe he is friends with Rickey Ortiz who is clearly a homosexual and F Champ who I think most people believe is homosexual as well.

I don't think Combo is a homophobe
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#34smoky820Posted 10/2/2012 8:36:25 AM
the reason people are saying its nothing that bad is because he didnt say it directed at anyone or in a insulting manor. even so he apologized right away then took himself off commentary. the other commentators said much worse stuff than combo did and no one cared about them

and for the people asking about kai he got on stream and yelled at someone and called them the f word (supposedly at a stream monster)
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#35alphame4Posted 10/2/2012 8:37:53 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
It didn't even sound that bad. Plus I believe he is friends with Rickey Ortiz who is clearly a homosexual and F Champ who I think most people believe is homosexual as well.

I don't think Combo is a homophobe

I don't think he is. Yeah, Fchamp is definitely gay. Ricky not so much.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.7 Ghz | Asus P8P67 Pro | 4Gb EVGA 670 SLI | 16GB Ripjaws 1600 Mhz | OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb SSD
#36EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 8:48:42 AM
This is why the FGC will never blow up. Too many small minds in one community creates this void of indifference. It's the blind leading the blind. Top players get to act like and say whatever they want, the community allows it. People become offended, sponsors become more cautious. Who's winning here?

It's just a silly cycle that can be broken if we all put on our big boy pants and deal with it. Not saying "oh it's no big deal because it's not directed at someone" is ridiculous. That's what I should expect though. The FGC is run by prepubescent boys in their 30's. The very definition of stagnant. Which is how it will remain should this behavior be allowed to continue.
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
#37OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 8:57:18 AM
EndingTempest posted...
This is why the FGC will never blow up. Too many small minds in one community creates this void of indifference. It's the blind leading the blind. Top players get to act like and say whatever they want, the community allows it. People become offended, sponsors become more cautious. Who's winning here?

It's just a silly cycle that can be broken if we all put on our big boy pants and deal with it. Not saying "oh it's no big deal because it's not directed at someone" is ridiculous. That's what I should expect though. The FGC is run by prepubescent boys in their 30's. The very definition of stagnant. Which is how it will remain should this behavior be allowed to continue.

Well the first thing they need to do is take out the cussing.

JRosa went on the mic and said F the West Coast.

Until the guys running these majors enforce the commentators to not cuss ... a lot of sponsors will shy away.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#38CaliberChampPosted 10/2/2012 9:26:10 AM
It's possible to be funny and not curse. Why won't people get this? Fluffy guy proves this.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Unrecommended games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, FF14, SFxT,
#39koga_wolf_demonPosted 10/2/2012 9:30:39 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
It's possible to be funny and not curse. Why won't people get this? Fluffy guy proves this.

It's like what Eminem said:

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so **** him and **** you too."
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga 3DS FC: 1418-8073-2172
TTT2: Jun/Jin, Asuka/Lars P4A: Akihiko, Yu
#40EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 9:35:26 AM
koga_wolf_demon posted...
CaliberChamp posted...

It's like what Eminem said:

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so **** him and **** you too."

And where is Mr. Mathers now? How many movies has Mr. Smith been in? Who what where? Moral of the story? Keep cussing.
---