So what happened with Combofiend

#41Scott_Stapp_Posted 10/2/2012 9:38:09 AM
EndingTempest posted...
This is why the FGC will never blow up. Too many small minds in one community creates this void of indifference. It's the blind leading the blind. Top players get to act like and say whatever they want, the community allows it. People become offended, sponsors become more cautious. Who's winning here?

It's just a silly cycle that can be broken if we all put on our big boy pants and deal with it. Not saying "oh it's no big deal because it's not directed at someone" is ridiculous. That's what I should expect though. The FGC is run by prepubescent boys in their 30's. The very definition of stagnant. Which is how it will remain should this behavior be allowed to continue.

You are literally the only person I've seen who has acted offended by this. Instead of pretending that the rest of the world is a perfectly innocent, always politically correct place; maybe you should try not to be such a whiny prude.
---
When my name was Kentai, my family would travel...down to western RI, where my name was Kentai.
#42WhereIsMegaManPosted 10/2/2012 9:44:01 AM
smoky820 posted...
the reason people are saying its nothing that bad is because he didnt say it directed at anyone or in a insulting manor. even so he apologized right away then took himself off commentary. the other commentators said much worse stuff than combo did and no one cared about them

and for the people asking about kai he got on stream and yelled at someone and called them the f word (supposedly at a stream monster)

Lmfao link to Kai vid pls
---
http://i.imgur.com/VwvYk.jpg
#43desolate_spencePosted 10/2/2012 9:51:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44smasher61Posted 10/2/2012 10:03:03 AM
Scott_Stapp_ posted...
You are literally the only person I've seen who has acted offended by this. Instead of pretending that the rest of the world is a perfectly innocent, always politically correct place; maybe you should try not to be such a whiny prude.

try telling this to the vast majority outside the FGC/sponsors. =/

WhereIsMegaMan posted...
smoky820 posted...
the reason people are saying its nothing that bad is because he didnt say it directed at anyone or in a insulting manor. even so he apologized right away then took himself off commentary. the other commentators said much worse stuff than combo did and no one cared about them

and for the people asking about kai he got on stream and yelled at someone and called them the f word (supposedly at a stream monster)

Lmfao link to Kai vid pls

seconded
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#45liltaggPosted 10/2/2012 10:06:29 AM
topics like this just make me that much more appreciative of my friends not being such whiny little girls about a word. good goddamn.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#46catkiller904Posted 10/2/2012 10:18:11 AM
EndingTempest posted...
koga_wolf_demon posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
It's possible to be funny and not curse. Why won't people get this? Fluffy guy proves this.

It's like what Eminem said:

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so **** him and **** you too."

And where is Mr. Mathers now? How many movies has Mr. Smith been in? Who what where? Moral of the story? Keep cussing.

W...what? I don't even...I can't even think of a legitimate response to this. There's just...too much wrong with it. I'm...I'm going to go out for a few hours and try to wrap my mind around this...this ****ing...post thing.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg
#47ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 10/2/2012 10:26:12 AM
Words only have the power you give them. ******s
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."
#48OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 10:45:37 AM
EndingTempest posted...
koga_wolf_demon posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
It's possible to be funny and not curse. Why won't people get this? Fluffy guy proves this.

It's like what Eminem said:

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so **** him and **** you too."

And where is Mr. Mathers now? How many movies has Mr. Smith been in? Who what where? Moral of the story? Keep cussing.

Only the best selling rapper of all time ... And top 3 or so best selling overall artist a year or two ago when his last album came out. I would think Marshall is doing ... Pretty good for himself.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#49EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 11:01:45 AM
Scott_Stapp_ posted...
EndingTempest posted...
This is why the FGC will never blow up. Too many small minds in one community creates this void of indifference. It's the blind leading the blind. Top players get to act like and say whatever they want, the community allows it. People become offended, sponsors become more cautious. Who's winning here?

It's just a silly cycle that can be broken if we all put on our big boy pants and deal with it. Not saying "oh it's no big deal because it's not directed at someone" is ridiculous. That's what I should expect though. The FGC is run by prepubescent boys in their 30's. The very definition of stagnant. Which is how it will remain should this behavior be allowed to continue.

Omg now your going to insult me? Really. Strengthen up your argument then come and try again son. No one is saying every thing is a perfectly PC PLACE lovey dovey effing world. That's a cop-out and you know it. However you just demonstrated the kind of apathetic small mindedness I mentioned earlier. Gracias. First time I've been called a whiny prude though! Congrats!
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction
#50EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 11:06:52 AM
ZTS_vs_Deck posted...
Words only have the power you give them. ******s

Of course, Jesus.
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction