So what happened with Combofiend

#71ViviffTheGreatPosted 10/2/2012 1:11:33 PM
I understand why people get offended by that particular word, but I'm of the reasoning that it can be used as a non-homophobic slur. I throw it out probably more than I should, but I never mean as that type of slur. Louis CK can better explain it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFloXOuLgA

That said some people do use that word to mean exactly what people think it means. Whether or not Combofiend did, use it to mean that I think is tough to say (I was only half listening, and despite hearing him say it dismissed it from desensitization and honestly had to figure out what he was apologizing for), but in general people need to stop freaking out over words. Professionalism on stream is a whole different issue (I actually enjoy clean streams more).
---
Pro Brawl player and other irrelevant things(Brought to you by Rocky Patel Premium Cigars)
http://img.imgcake.com/IMG0194JPGpy.jpg
#72MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 1:15:17 PM
LMAO at the political correct uptight douches in this topic.

Hilarious what this world has come to. Getting upset over a word that means NO harm whatsoever and is just a damn word. You guys need to grow some thick skin and get over it.

A guy like Combofiend says a simple WORD that wasn't even meant to be heard or harm anyone and everyone pisses their pants over it.

This is the main reason why I hate liberals.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#73EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 1:18:43 PM
ViviffTheGreat posted...
I understand why people get offended by that particular word, but I'm of the reasoning that it can be used as a non-homophobic slur. I throw it out probably more than I should, but I never mean as that type of slur. Louis CK can better explain it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFloXOuLgA

That said some people do use that word to mean exactly what people think it means. Whether or not Combofiend did, use it to mean that I think is tough to say (I was only half listening, and despite hearing him say it dismissed it from desensitization and honestly had to figure out what he was apologizing for), but in general people need to stop freaking out over words. Professionalism on stream is a whole different issue (I actually enjoy clean streams more).

I appreciate your objective view on the matter. I'm not freaking out about the word per se. Aside from the fact that it was offensive in the context he used it. My issue is with the grossly apathetic attitude that the majority of the FGC and as you can see the people in this thread have toward it. Which indirectly allows it to continue. That is not okay. Plain and simple.
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction
#74_Rushdown_Posted 10/2/2012 1:22:16 PM
Put on your big boy pants and stop whining about trivial, inconsequential nonsense.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/lRushdown/fullnxe/card.png
#75EndingTempestPosted 10/2/2012 1:25:14 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Hilarious what this world has come to. Getting upset over a word that means NO harm whatsoever and is just a damn word. You guys need to grow some thick skin and get over it.

A guy like Combofiend says a simple WORD that wasn't even meant to be heard or harm anyone and everyone pisses their pants over it.

Haha the contradictions in this thread amaze me. One minute I'm a Polly prissy pants who is uptight and needs to take the panties out of my ass. I'm holding up the progression of society by not doing so. Then I'm a liberal. Amazing. I wasn't even aware I could be all these things at once. Maybe I am Jesus. Lol
---
My name is Santi. I am the destroyer of topics. Gamefaqs-where good ideas come to die.
PSN: Toogaytofunction
#76MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 1:28:34 PM
EndingTempest posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Haha the contradictions in this thread amaze me. One minute I'm a Polly prissy pants who is uptight and needs to take the panties out of my ass. I'm holding up the progression of society by not doing so. Then I'm a liberal. Amazing. I wasn't even aware I could be all these things at once. Maybe I am Jesus. Lol

Your standpoint is liberal. You are extremely butthurt for no reason and act like you're on a higher level of people who joke around with friends in private.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#77Nocturnal15Posted 10/2/2012 1:28:44 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
This is the main reason why I hate conservatards

Ftfy
---
Calling it right now....Wesker will Dues Ex Machina his way into Resident Evil 6. 1/20/12
#78MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 1:30:09 PM
Nocturnal15 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Ftfy

I hate both, but conservatives don't get butthurt over a simple word.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#79_Rushdown_Posted 10/2/2012 1:32:45 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Nocturnal15 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Ftfy

Here are a few to try: "evolution", "warming", "union".
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/lRushdown/fullnxe/card.png
#80MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 1:34:58 PM
_Rushdown_ posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Nocturnal15 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Ftfy

Here are a few to try: "evolution", "warming", "union".

Lol, those are ideas.. Not just words. If someone in private says "evolution" conservatives aren't going to get all pissy.

Now, if you try to teach it in schools or something, yeah they are ignorant.

I, myself, consider myself more liberal, but that doesn't mean I don't dislike the way the act sometimes.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~