What makes Novas air grab so special?

#1BigOlePappyPosted 10/2/2012 6:07:11 AM
What properties make it special? I though all non command grabs had the same priority
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#2soggytoast11Posted 10/2/2012 6:25:00 AM
It's not the grab itself, it's the speed that he moves during his air dash and also the priority and safety of the j.h that makes it so dangerous.
#3catkiller904Posted 10/2/2012 7:18:01 AM
Not to mention the ridiculous untechable time that allows for tag combos off it, and the fact that he can combo off it himself wherever.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg
#4OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 7:23:26 AM
Not everyone's grab range is the same.

Characters like Ammy, Magneto, Akuma, Nova have bigger grab ranges than others.

The other thing is how good is their jumping H. If it is their universal aerial attack ... then they will be option selecting air grab which will net them more air grabs.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#5MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 7:24:38 AM
Same with Wesker's. His air grab is insanely good.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#6Lord_Shadow_19Posted 10/2/2012 7:29:18 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

The other thing is how good is their jumping H. If it is their universal aerial attack ... then they will be option selecting air grab which will net them more air grabs.

It's not the grab range, its the fact that he (and the other 3 characters you mentioned) can fully capitalize on a grab with no help which many characters can't do. Also I'm pretty sure Nova's grab range isn't any different than any other character of his size, in fact, I recall something about characters like Ammy and Felicia having an easier time throwing because they themselves have a smaller hit box making them harder to throw.

Chris is another character who is great at utilizing throws, he can get full combos off of either a ground or air throw with little effort.
---
Need partner to farm SS ranks in RE5 mercenaries reunion.
PSN: Entropy19
#7AceUchiha_Posted 10/2/2012 7:36:49 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Wrong, every character has the same grab range.
---
GTag:JamRockBoy
PSN:Redknight1999
#8soggytoast11Posted 10/2/2012 7:40:55 AM
The fact that Nova's air dash speed is so high gives the illusion that the range is longer than it is.
#9OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 8:09:08 AM
AceUchiha_ posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Akuma and Magneto sure fool me ...
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#10MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/2/2012 8:20:34 AM
AceUchiha_ posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Nice proof.

Not denying it (although, I think otherwise) but at least give some proof if you're making a statement like that.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~