What makes Novas air grab so special?

#11MavisBeaconDTFPosted 10/2/2012 9:23:57 AM
It's not that great.
---
http://i.imgur.com/gvpwv.jpg
#12STT_ZidanePosted 10/2/2012 9:35:36 AM
his throw is amazing because he can combo from anywhere thanks to his full screen OTG, and also you can tag combo, negating throw scaling, when near a corner
---
"You can do whatever you want in life, ...unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." ~ The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (In memory)
#13SlydeSlymPosted 10/2/2012 11:51:25 AM
AceUchiha_ posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Not everyone's grab range is the same.

Characters like Ammy, Magneto, Akuma, Nova have bigger grab ranges than others.

The other thing is how good is their jumping H. If it is their universal aerial attack ... then they will be option selecting air grab which will net them more air grabs.

Wrong, every character has the same grab range.

Not true at all. On SRK.com for vanilla people posted character throw ranges for vanilla and there were at least 5 different range categories.

Ground throw range is different also. For example Hulk gets the most ground throws because he is mashing H anyways and because his throw is bigger than almost anyone else's. In a throw tech situation Hulk can just keep mashing H as long as he wants, eventually he'll get into a range where only he can throw or get so far back that the other person's throw will be outranged and his super armor will beat their H move.
#14BigOlePappy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 12:51:36 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
AceUchiha_ posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

The other thing is how good is their jumping H. If it is their universal aerial attack ... then they will be option selecting air grab which will net them more air grabs.

Not true at all. On SRK.com for vanilla people posted character throw ranges for vanilla and there were at least 5 different range categories.

Ground throw range is different also. For example Hulk gets the most ground throws because he is mashing H anyways and because his throw is bigger than almost anyone else's. In a throw tech situation Hulk can just keep mashing H as long as he wants, eventually he'll get into a range where only he can throw or get so far back that the other person's throw will be outranged and his super armor will beat their H move.

I would like to know more
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#15_SavagePosted 10/2/2012 12:55:37 PM
Obviously grab ranges would have to be different because they're usually initiated when character models are overlapping.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibhSnqaoqUHNCp.gif
#16Herr_EdgeworthPosted 10/2/2012 1:14:28 PM
I know by personal experience that Wright's throw range is HUGE.
---
I'm Scaler24. This is my cellphone alt. You may like it better.
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy or http://www.tinyurl.com/dofrde
#17OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 1:56:25 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
AceUchiha_ posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Anyone who plays this game with any seriousness should know that just from experience that certain characters can grab you out of ranges others do not.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#18Strider HienPosted 10/2/2012 2:37:19 PM
So,you see nothing wrong with a throw that practically tucks and wraps you in?
And while you're catching some "Z"s,Nova can come in as swiftly as the wind and wakes you up?

One of the most rage-worthy things in this game,aside from the infamous "FOOT DIVE!", is this....

You deal with it,though.
---
Proud ATSG of UMVC3 Heroes Watchtower:PSN Branch.
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.United we stand....
#19Warloard7Posted 10/2/2012 4:14:03 PM
Strider Hien posted...
So,you see nothing wrong with a throw that practically tucks and wraps you in?
And while you're catching some "Z"s,Nova can come in as swiftly as the wind and wakes you up?

One of the most rage-worthy things in this game,aside from the infamous "FOOT DIVE!", is this....

You deal with it,though.

Lmao he's one of my best characters and all of my friend hate his grab and in turn him. They just don't know how to stop this reset I do. And from there reactions I have to agree its pretty rage inducing. He def seems to have a larger grab range than most of the roster.
---
Don't pretend you're sad, why tremble with anger, thats not even there. Face it, Cloud. All you are is an empty puppet. -Sephiroth
#20Darkstalker_CvSPosted 10/2/2012 4:34:56 PM
The magical thing about Nova's grab range is that he can grab you even if both characters aren't overlapping at all. Quite humorous.*

* Cause I play Nova.
---
The discount for this count discounts the discounts for this count because this count's trying to discount discounts.