The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Are people sleeping on Taskmaster?

#1WiNdDeMoN150Posted 10/2/2012 7:52:01 AM
I feel like he could be a really good Point/Middle character.

I feel he can do really well backed by at least one assist. He can handle many different situations, from zoning to rush down. He also has good DHC options with Legion Arrows. His solo damage output is really nice too, which is why I think he is best played Middle. All he needs is an assist that helps open people up.

His versatility is what makes him pretty good to me. Opinions?
---
The darkness in your soul disgusts me.
#2TaizukuPosted 10/2/2012 8:02:12 AM
Taskmaster is ridiculously slept on. He has so much unlocked potential. He is a highly used character, but a poorly explored one.
---
"I just started playing UMvC3 2 weeks ago, but it's aiite I'm good doe" ~ BipBop
PSN: MobileFlame
#3ZekiraPosted 10/2/2012 8:07:00 AM
Yes he is. He definitely is.

Taskmasters from corners of the world are currently scheming on their own and collaborating, actually. It's only a matter of time until someone busts out a Taskmaster team (one of the people I play with has an insane Task-centered team) and takes a major.

Honestly he's like a zoning version of Wesker, function-wise.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (B) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Offline player.
"Ask them to stop spamming hitconfirms" ~Karsticles (08/23/2012)
#4WiNdDeMoN150(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:16:53 AM
Zekira posted...
Yes he is. He definitely is.

Taskmasters from corners of the world are currently scheming on their own and collaborating, actually. It's only a matter of time until someone busts out a Taskmaster team (one of the people I play with has an insane Task-centered team) and takes a major.

Honestly he's like a zoning version of Wesker, function-wise.

I agree on the Wesker thing, they're pretty similar in function but one just does better at rush down and the other with zoning.

I do feel like he could be a real big league player. Just imagine if a good pro decided to use him? I think he could fit in really well into J.Wong's play style. All it would take is for one hit and I can see J.Wong taking out characters with ease, because it's kind of hard to drop Tasky combos lol.
---
#5OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 8:20:46 AM
Tasksmaster and Wesker play absolutely nothing alike.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#6ZeroX07Posted 10/2/2012 8:27:31 AM
What? Taskmaster is slept on? Huh? What are the ranks of the people that play this game online? TC what is your online rank? Im a 1st lord. Everyone i fight online is incredible dangerous and deadly. I even fought and kept losing against Damian95. Who uses viewtiful joe on point. With Phoenix Wright as second and taskmaster last. He spams joe's shurikens, while being assisted by taskmaster arrows. Once. He got a hit on you. He would combo the crap out of you with joe. Then bring pw and in a glk manner within three tries he would obtain all the evidence.

His taskmaster is no joke. If he hits you once or grabs you. It would equal death. Granted he is a mighty lord. But still. His team shows how dangerous a team can be if utilized properly.
#7WiNdDeMoN150(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:29:41 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Yeah they don't play similar but are pretty similar in function. Like Wesker can rush down and switch to zoning if needed, where Tasky can zone then rush when needed to.
---
#8WiNdDeMoN150(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:33:17 AM
ZeroX07 posted...
What? Taskmaster is slept on? Huh? What are the ranks of the people that play this game online? TC what is your online rank? Im a 1st lord. Everyone i fight online is incredible dangerous and deadly. I even fought and kept losing against Damian95. Who uses viewtiful joe on point. With Phoenix Wright as second and taskmaster last. He spams joe's shurikens, while being assisted by taskmaster arrows. Once. He got a hit on you. He would combo the crap out of you with joe. Then bring pw and in a glk manner within three tries he would obtain all the evidence.

His taskmaster is no joke. If he hits you once or grabs you. It would equal death. Granted he is a mighty lord. But still. His team shows how dangerous a team can be if utilized properly.

I'm not talking about online though, I was speaking competitively. I guess I should've clarified that. I do see plenty of Taskmasters online and yeah, he is really good. But tournament wise, there is only a few people who use him.
---
#9OMEGA RUGALPosted 10/2/2012 8:38:14 AM
WiNdDeMoN150 posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Yeah they don't play similar but are pretty similar in function. Like Wesker can rush down and switch to zoning if needed, where Tasky can zone then rush when needed to.

Then the same can be said of multiple characters.

Magneto can rushdown and zone.

Akuma can rushdown and zone.

Doom can rushdown and zone.

The only thing Taskmaster and Wesker really have in common is their footie normals are really good.

Wesker is more of a mixup character with teleports, better crossup ariels, command grab.

Tasksmaster is more of a solid character with limited ways of opening an opponent up mixup wise but can force opponents to come to him due to his good zoning game and then high priority normals to counter people rushing him down.

They honestly ... overall ... play nothing alike.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Eli owns Brady!!
#10WiNdDeMoN150(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:45:40 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
WiNdDeMoN150 posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Then the same can be said of multiple characters.

Magneto can rushdown and zone.

Akuma can rushdown and zone.

Doom can rushdown and zone.

The only thing Taskmaster and Wesker really have in common is their footie normals are really good.

Wesker is more of a mixup character with teleports, better crossup ariels, command grab.

Tasksmaster is more of a solid character with limited ways of opening an opponent up mixup wise but can force opponents to come to him due to his good zoning game and then high priority normals to counter people rushing him down.

They honestly ... overall ... play nothing alike.

Ok, I can see where you're coming from. Still, both are pretty good characters, especially when paired together.
---