What's a good but cheap apparatus to record umvc3?

#11Scream1Posted 10/2/2012 12:29:25 PM
I've been wanting to upload combo videos for a REALLY long time but have never had anything to record with other than cheap cameras. I wanna show off some swag and resets with my team dammit!

I know some of you guys here use HD recorders and some of you don't, albeit it's still in good quality. What do you guys recommend? Cheap budget but fair quality is what I'm looking for. Any advice from HQ cameras to HDVRs or whatever they're called would be appreciated :D
---
PSN: Crash182-
#21Scream1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 12:40:12 PM
I'm looking at you Serp, iceman, Kawasakinin, Koga (I think?)!!
---
#3DreamSwordPosted 10/2/2012 1:00:14 PM
One Touch Video Capture is a cheap capture card for $20. It has decent quality/does the job.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
Forever hunting for those Herald colors.
#41Scream1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 2:13:23 PM
DreamSword posted...
One Touch Video Capture is a cheap capture card for $20. It has decent quality/does the job.

All those capture devices have so many mixed reviews :s

anyone else?? STOP HIDING!!
---
#5FaustianLogixPosted 10/2/2012 2:20:38 PM
Get a cheap dazzle. Watch my videos for examples. You can get better quality out of it ban what I get though.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#6SONIC_305Posted 10/2/2012 2:46:34 PM
FaustianLogix posted...
Get a cheap dazzle. Watch my videos for examples. You can get better quality out of it ban what I get though.

This I got it for 30 all u need after that is two splitters after that. I think...
---
Japan PSN: Sonikku305 US PSN: KlonoaxGuntz
Games Playing: BBCS:EX, UMVC3, KOF XIII, & GMOTW
#71Scream1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 4:51:43 PM
SONIC_305 posted...
FaustianLogix posted...

This I got it for 30 all u need after that is two splitters after that. I think...

Hmm I also looked into that one. Is it reliable? I see that a lot don't work on Windows 7 which is what I have. Mixed reviews on Dazzle too :/
---
#8SONIC_305Posted 10/2/2012 5:58:32 PM
1Scream1 posted...
SONIC_305 posted...
FaustianLogix posted...

Hmm I also looked into that one. Is it reliable? I see that a lot don't work on Windows 7 which is what I have. Mixed reviews on Dazzle too :/

It worked for me. Well it doesnt work with hdmi so u have to use the av cables which wont look good on an hd tv. It can give good quality if you edit it And upload it on youtube but if u stream it, it wont show very well. U should just get the dazzle dvc 100 (forgot the name but its a white one) the hd dazzle isnt really hd at all. It worked fine on my windows 7 but not sure if it will work on yours.

I know amother good one which boki has but need to ask him on that.
---
Japan PSN: Sonikku305 US PSN: KlonoaxGuntz
Games Playing: BBCS:EX, UMVC3, KOF XIII, & GMOTW
#9smasher61Posted 10/2/2012 6:03:37 PM(edited)
op I use a dazzle w/an extra av cable & two splitters. like $30-55 USD total for everything, but quality is SD.

Have to use the Pinnacle software that comes with it b/c afaik, other capture programs cannot use it to cap sound. Runs ok on the Win7 Laptop I use (6GB ram), but doesn't work properly on my other 4GB Laptop for w/e reason. Just have a powerful computer and plenty of HDD space, I guess. =/

edit: here's one of my vids so you can see what I get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ede5JCs7A
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#10xiceman191Posted 10/2/2012 6:34:42 PM
I use roxio game capture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyWC2La9Ec
The quality is pretty decent not hd but its still pretty damn good imo.

It cost $100 but if you go through this link it drops down to 69.99:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landing/machinima/game-capture/console/overview.html?source=machinimaURL.

Also at the checkout screen in the coupon code put this: ROXIOSTORE15
and it reduces the price to 54.94

Also there is a hd pro version of it and this method still applies to it. Which drops the price down from $149.99 to $110.49
---
"My greatest enemy, is my inner me." - Lupe Fiasco "Much More"
PSN: Datdudeiceman191