The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Magneto/Doom/Sent best starting team?

#1DarksteelPosted 10/2/2012 2:09:14 PM
Viscant seems to think so:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/01/viscant-new-players-should-start-magneto-dr-doom-and-sentinel-three-strong-assists-and-flexibile/
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#2Swagnet0Posted 10/2/2012 2:10:59 PM
The first person I used in this game was Magneto and I remember doing random slides into launcher. Lol.
---
| Complete and utter control over the electroswagnetic spectrum. |
| http://i.imgur.com/lz3K1.png |
#3KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 3:43:56 PM
Eh, kind of?

The mobility will be the major barrier to entry for anyone starting out. All around the team itself is good, assists, DHC's and stuff like that.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <?????/?????/?????>
#4RobIsntDrunkPosted 10/2/2012 3:45:25 PM
Hulk/Nem/Sent
---
People complain about lag when the connection is flawless.
#5KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 3:56:56 PM
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

While execution wise... that team is easy to play and pick up. Getting used to having okie doke buttons and limited mobility is something that you will eventually have to wean yourself off of if you want to branch out and play other teams.

Plus this team kind of falls off the smarter your opponents get because it either turns into a chicken block fest or a zoning game that you really cant compete with.
---
#6RobIsntDrunkPosted 10/2/2012 3:59:24 PM
KajinNinja posted...
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

While execution wise... that team is easy to play and pick up. Getting used to having okie doke buttons and limited mobility is something that you will eventually have to wean yourself off of if you want to branch out and play other teams.

Plus this team kind of falls off the smarter your opponents get because it either turns into a chicken block fest or a zoning game that you really cant compete with.

Exactly, makes it harder for the player so they have to get better faster.
---
People complain about lag when the connection is flawless.
#7Natsume_Tien7Posted 10/2/2012 4:26:03 PM
Maybe Ryu/Captain America/Sentinel?

I had Taskmaster over Ryu, but the other two helped me get into the game. I honestly don't think Doom or Magneto are very good starting characters unless you just want to zone or abuse assists (which is dumb)...
---
"Stupid people can believe in anything, so you can believe in yourself!" -JoJo
#8KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 4:36:17 PM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...

I had Taskmaster over Ryu, but the other two helped me get into the game. I honestly don't think Doom or Magneto are very good starting characters unless you just want to zone or abuse assists (which is dumb)...

Again... that team is nice, however you are still missing out on some of the game mechanics the game offers you. All three of your characters having outstanding movement, assists, DHC options or whatever what have you...

Oh and zoning while using assists isnt dumb, hell if it was why do people lose to my stupid run away. Although using mysel is a bad example since that usually generates shots fired and make me have to refernce dudes that actually play this game competitivly...

oh and might as well #theoryfighting101
---
#9SlydeSlymPosted 10/2/2012 4:38:33 PM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...

At first I thought you missed the point but it turns out you're sticking your head in the sand and just pretending the point doesn't exist.
#10KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 4:54:43 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
Natsume_Tien7 posted...

At first I thought you missed the point but it turns out you're sticking your head in the sand and just pretending the point doesn't exist.

Wow, I tried to be nice about it too xp.
---