Magneto/Doom/Sent best starting team?

#11ZekiraPosted 10/2/2012 4:56:30 PM
I actually somewhat agree with him. When you think about it, Magneto is only hard to master, but as far as basics go, you can actually pretty much do a lot of things with him. His mobility is one of the most standard out of all the high tier characters, has a basic easily accessible beam, his MMHS works normally, has an OtG level 1, an easily comboable level 3, medium sized, and low-health.

Doom then fits perfectly into the equation with his awkward mobility as it then teaches the player that there are things that are character-specific. He retains the air mobility and easy zoning capabilities, simple MMHS loops work well, will eventually teach the player about air dash cancels, etc.

Sentinel at the back is also one of the easiest to use assists in the game, and is one of the easiest to use anchors. I admit I was using Sentinel back in my vanilla days when I was still getting a feel of how the game was playing. I pretty much abuse Sentinel a lot lol.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (B) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Offline player.
"Ask them to stop spamming hitconfirms" ~Karsticles (08/23/2012)
#12Natsume_Tien7Posted 10/2/2012 5:35:45 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
Maybe Ryu/Captain America/Sentinel?

I had Taskmaster over Ryu, but the other two helped me get into the game. I honestly don't think Doom or Magneto are very good starting characters unless you just want to zone or abuse assists (which is dumb)...

At first I thought you missed the point but it turns out you're sticking your head in the sand and just pretending the point doesn't exist.

Hmm I look back at that and I worded it badly.

I meant dumb as in abusing the assists is dumb. Assists should be used somewhat strategically, if you just use them back to back you're gonna get blown up. I read his thoughts about the team being good for beginners due to zoning abilities and assists, I just don't agree, not that I didn't understand.

I believe the characters I posted have all-around abilities, I was more giving my own opinion than basing it off of his. Sorry for the confusion. x3
---
"Stupid people can believe in anything, so you can believe in yourself!" -JoJo
#13KarsticlesPosted 10/2/2012 5:36:43 PM
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

It's a team that teaches you very little about the game.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#14KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 5:41:34 PM
Karsticles posted...
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

It's kind of like learning SSF4 starting with El Fuerte. All you were taught was throwing, going in and never stopping.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <?????/?????/?????>
#15BFRavenPosted 10/2/2012 5:46:53 PM
I say Felicia would be the best starting character because...
-she really teaches you about resets and tick throws.
-she has a charge move (something that certain characters find valuable)
-her missions basically tell you that you can combo off of her throws. Not many missions do that.
-she has below average health which tells you that you need to be careful with your offense.
-Felicia also lacks projectiles so you're going to have to know how to approach.
-Back in vanilla, you had to know about tiger knee have her be effective.

Am I missing anything else important about her?
---
Is on good traders list:(http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000447-gran-turismo-5-trade/58041301)
PSN: GANGxMEMBER XboxGT: I Gang Member I
#16NewuserPosted 10/2/2012 5:50:22 PM
Best starting teams are Vergil/Wesker/Strider, Vergil/Wesker/Doom, Vergil/Wesker/Magneto. This is blatantly obvious that most scrubs do well in those teams.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#17KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 6:01:53 PM
Newuser posted...
Best starting teams are Vergil/Wesker/Strider, Vergil/Wesker/Doom, Vergil/Wesker/Magneto. This is blatantly obvious that most scrubs do well in those teams.

There is no arguing with someone that has nothing but hate for something...
---
#18RobIsntDrunkPosted 10/2/2012 8:08:38 PM(edited)
KajinNinja posted...
Karsticles posted...
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

It's kind of like learning SSF4 starting with El Fuerte. All you were taught was throwing, going in and never stopping.

This is marvel, isn't that the entire point of the game? its not like you can beat any good players without knowing about the game
---
People complain about lag when the connection is flawless.
#19Grimsley-SanPosted 10/2/2012 7:58:34 PM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
Maybe Ryu/Captain America/Sentinel?

I had Taskmaster over Ryu, but the other two helped me get into the game. I honestly don't think Doom or Magneto are very good starting characters unless you just want to zone or abuse assists (which is dumb)...

Hulk-Captain-Sentinel works for me :P
---
PSN: Grimsley-San; <3Tim + Kayla<3; WKCII: Prime Knights
Playin: BBCSE, WKCII, UMVC3, KOF94-96/XIII, MVC2, SF3OE, SSFIVAE, VF5FS, SCV,
#20KajinNinjaPosted 10/2/2012 8:02:20 PM
RobIsntDrunk posted...
KajinNinja posted...
Karsticles posted...
RobIsntDrunk posted...
Hulk/Nem/Sent

This is marvel, isn't that the entire point of the game? its not like you can beat any good players with knowing about the game

Oh riiiight! I forget that I think im the only one that exists that runs away all match. whoops xp.

and you lost me on that last part there... I think.
---