Chun Li help : Jump Cancelling Hoyokusen on block

#11DarkLite411Posted 10/3/2012 4:27:08 PM
tofublock posted...
Hmm, think I got it actually...
If you completely whiff or if the opponent blocks the Hoyokusen, then you can't jump cancel after the launcher, but if you bet push blocked away from the opponent before the last hit connects, then it allows you to jump out for whatever reason. If they just sit there and let the whole super connect, then it seems your stuck there... So much for making this super completely safe :(

Interesting theory. Might have to put that one to the test. I mean it sounds possible if nothing else.
---
The sign of winning an argument is when a person insults you during one. It's easy to verbally attack someone, but it's hard to win a discussion. Kind of sad.
#12GreivorPosted 10/3/2012 4:44:59 PM
DarkLite411 posted...
Greivor posted...
By useful character, of course, I mean Doom or Vergil.

Kappa

:)

Chun li beats the pants off of Vergil. And Doom is well....out of luck, or condemned, or destroyed, or....doo-....molished. HA! see what I did there.

hahaha doo- molished!

you're very funny sir
#13Neowulf13Posted 10/3/2012 7:00:15 PM
tofublock posted...
Hmm, think I got it actually...
If you completely whiff or if the opponent blocks the Hoyokusen, then you can't jump cancel after the launcher, but if you bet push blocked away from the opponent before the last hit connects, then it allows you to jump out for whatever reason. If they just sit there and let the whole super connect, then it seems your stuck there... So much for making this super completely safe :(

If that's what's really happening, then Nova has something similar to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al65FSSEh1E

Maybe it's not just Chun Li and Nova. Maybe other characters can jump-cancel their moves when push blocked. Someone should test this.
---
Rule #1 of the internet: Opinion = Fact
#14tofublock(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:58:00 AM
Greivor posted...
tofublock posted...
Greivor posted...
Best Chun Li Help I can give you is

1-) Drop Chun Li

2-) Pick a useful character

3-) Kappa

Who's a "useful character"? Hsien-ko CAN be useful, should I use her? :p
I'd rather use characters I like rather than "top tier" characters, and Chun Li is good if you know how to use her, IMO.

By useful character, of course, I mean Doom or Vergil.

Kappa

:)

I can't use doom. Everyone already uses him and I already think he's super "cheap". He would definitely be useful seeing as how stupid (by that i mean good) his foot dive, normals, and assists are, and I can see hidden missiles helping my team out, but I dont really care for the character. Same with Virgil, I think he's one of the best characters in the game, or at least one of the hardest for me to deal with, but i just dont like him... Plus i couldn't get any of his assists to work with chun.