We all agree that Shuma, Leilei and Thor are the worst chars in the cast right?

#51J-Don-BonnePosted 10/6/2012 9:47:47 AM
Poltergust posted...
Game_ROB posted...
Yes... one. PW at least has a shield for his unsafe moves.

Unsafe moves? PW? The dude is positive on pretty much everything, even point-blank evidence projectiles. >.>

That was my point.

Ghost Rider has all of one good move under his belt. You can be as unsafe as you want with Maya being your personal meatshield... Not that there's anything sans his Launcher that'd have any reason for that...
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
Fan of a "pretty hardcore evil" Vampire Queen.
#52Lord_KagatoPosted 10/6/2012 1:22:44 PM
DarkLite411 posted...
Phoenix Wright's good match ups are

His matchups change depending on the mode he's in and the evidence he's got. Certain characters lose to certain projectiles. Some characters and tactics suffer because of Maya's shield.

As a rule of thumb, just assume anyone that can cross-up (Via teleport or zipline), Fly or command-grab are harder for Wright than anyone else. If Wright is in trial mode, eliminate command-grabbers. If Wright has the Cell phone or Vase, eliminate those that Fly or Zipline from the list. If wright is in Turnabout, eliminate everyone except teleporters and those that fly. If Wright is in turnabout with the cell phone, eliminate everyone. That's what I typically go by.
---
Now Let's Playing Resident Evil Zero-Thru-5 - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
#53PoltergustPosted 10/6/2012 4:32:34 PM
DarkLite411 posted...
Phoenix Wright's good match ups are

Haggar - outside of Investigation Mode
Hulk - outside of Investigation Mode
Nemesis - outside of Investigation Mode
She Hulk - outside of Investigation Mode
Frank West
Iron Fist
Shuma-Gorath - outside of Investigation Mode
Hsien-Ko
Sentinel - outside of Investigation Mode
Spider-man
Jill
Arthur
Tron
Ghost Rider - outside of Investigation Mode
Chun-Li
Ryu

Fix'd. Wright doesn't have a good match-up against anyone who's considered high/top-tier except for a couple given that he has the correct piece of evidence (hence why they're not included in the quote, since you'd need to both be in Trial Mode and have the piece of evidence necessary to have the advantage, rather than just be in Trial Mode period).

Also, as evidenced by the list, a lot of Wright's good match-ups require him to be outside of Investigation Mode. And some of those characters, such as Sentinel and Haggar, are played by a good portion of players, so you're still likely to see Wright lose to those characters if he can never make it to Trial Mode.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#54jaganshi2Posted 10/6/2012 8:00:30 PM
Herr_Edgeworth posted...
olllll at Wright being better than Ghost Rider. At least Ghost Rider has one reliable move to get him somewhere, PW has none unless you go through the effort of Turnabout

You really gotta start playing better Wrights. He has several tools to make him dangerous. He obviously is Bottom 5, but this game is balanced enough to make every character good with the right team.

GR is trash. He can't do absolutely nothing without assists. At least Wright can get some solo mix-ups. GR can't do crap.

GR is allot better than PW. I don't care about the "with out assists" talk because that is not a legit argument. GR is more capable in matches and offers better in teams than PW by a long shot. PW has no good solo mix ups that work on any body intermediate, the frame data is too bad to even think that.

Chun li, Shuma, PW are likely the worse. Chun li and Hsien ko are a debate since both have been seen to have some good moments whether as support or on field.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#55The_CiscoPosted 10/6/2012 8:16:14 PM
*smoke clears and a foot steps in.

Hmm.. I agree, PW can't be in bottom 5 or 3 lists. After the tier S, A, B,C... the bottom letter is the Tier lists containing the bottom 5 due to how bad their stats are in the metagame. PW is a character who was designed for matches like Little cousin Johny's 5th birthday bash after the cake has been eaten. So his ROLL JOKE status is in a tier of it's own which is Below the bottom 5. However, when he reaches TBM he moves up from ROLL JOKE to KOBUN JOKE Making him the bottom 1 and bumping whoever you have in the highest of bottom 5 to bottom 6.
Well, at the end of the day. The bottom 5ish threads are the only threads where pw fans can talk about pw in a tier oriented thread. LMAO
#56PoltergustPosted 10/6/2012 8:21:28 PM
jaganshi2 posted...
Herr_Edgeworth posted...
olllll at Wright being better than Ghost Rider. At least Ghost Rider has one reliable move to get him somewhere, PW has none unless you go through the effort of Turnabout

You really gotta start playing better Wrights. He has several tools to make him dangerous. He obviously is Bottom 5, but this game is balanced enough to make every character good with the right team.

GR is trash. He can't do absolutely nothing without assists. At least Wright can get some solo mix-ups. GR can't do crap.

GR is allot better than PW. I don't care about the "with out assists" talk because that is not a legit argument. GR is more capable in matches and offers better in teams than PW by a long shot. PW has no good solo mix ups that work on any body intermediate, the frame data is too bad to even think that.

Chun li, Shuma, PW are likely the worse. Chun li and Hsien ko are a debate since both have been seen to have some good moments whether as support or on field.

What can Ghost Rider do to people who know how to block? What about people who play keepaway? People who rushdown faster than Ghost Rider can push them away? At least Wright has a chip game, a tracking projectile, and fantastic supers.

Also, in terms of mix-ups, Wright has a solo unblockable, which a lot more than what Ghost Rider can say. He also gets more off of most of his throws, and therefore can do more to people who are up-backing.

And I'm not sure why you're mentioning frame data, considering Wright's frame data is pretty amazing. Not many characters have specials that leave them at like +14 on block. Not to knock on Ghost Rider's frame data, though. His attacks are generally pretty safe as long as they connect.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#57MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/6/2012 8:30:54 PM
The_Cisco posted...

Hmm.. I agree, PW can't be in bottom 5 or 3 lists. After the tier S, A, B,C... the bottom letter is the Tier lists containing the bottom 5 due to how bad their stats are in the metagame. PW is a character who was designed for matches like Little cousin Johny's 5th birthday bash after the cake has been eaten. So his ROLL JOKE status is in a tier of it's own which is Below the bottom 5. However, when he reaches TBM he moves up from ROLL JOKE to KOBUN JOKE Making him the bottom 1 and bumping whoever you have in the highest of bottom 5 to bottom 6.
Well, at the end of the day. The bottom 5ish threads are the only threads where pw fans can talk about pw in a tier oriented thread. LMAO

Coming from a guy who thinks Strider is top 5 LMAO
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#58The_CiscoPosted 10/6/2012 8:56:14 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
The_Cisco posted...

Coming from a guy who thinks Strider is top 5 LMAO

Since when did i say Strider is top 5? I've claimed him top 9-10. LMAO
#59serpentaurusPosted 10/6/2012 9:07:53 PM
Poltergust posted...
Jill

Jsole would like a word with you
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#60Herr_EdgeworthPosted 10/6/2012 9:17:40 PM

You found new insults. I'll give you that much.

As for the rest of that joke paragraph, I just have one word: LOL.
---
I'm Scaler24. This is my cellphone alt. You may like it better.
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy or http://www.tinyurl.com/dofrde