The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Strider thread!!

#1SadCubsFanPosted 10/6/2012 3:05:17 PM
Who actually plays as him? What is your team? What tips do you have? All I really know how to do is xfactor > oro > go crazy

right now I am running wesker/doom/strider but am also trying a dorm/doom/strider team, too
#2rossguy123Posted 10/6/2012 3:29:20 PM
Strider on point, Shuma mid, and Raccoon anchor.. but I'm not sure if I like this order...
#3Chat NoirPosted 10/6/2012 4:11:54 PM
He has a easier relaunch in XF3. Air magic, land, qcbH, slide, Bomb hits, relaunch.
Easy XF3 mixup: call Bomb, qcfS, H. It crossups and leads to combo; You can use it outside XF but it'll be much less effective.

Also;
-You can cancel all of his ground specials with formation S (release) a la Buster Cancel. It helps during blockstrings. At the right distance, you should be able to teleport safely afterwards Learn to use it at your advantage
- L Excalibur works like a poormans Dive Kick. It crossups, leads to combo and i'm pretty sure it's safe on whiff (need confirmaton).
-H Gram has a deceptively LONG range.
-Start your combos with cM, not cL
-Formation A3 (bomb), Formation S and Wall Cling are the base of your neutral game.
-Don't be a hero. Pop XF3 whenever you can. Strider w/ assist or XF is not a good character.

Never call Vajra if the opponent is point blank. Use it during blockstrings or mixups. Also, Doom/Strider is not nearly as good as people think it is.
#4BigOlePappyPosted 10/6/2012 4:29:03 PM
I play Strider, He's super hard online.

I have to learn more of his resets.
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#5KarsticlesPosted 10/6/2012 5:02:24 PM(edited)
I'll be giving him a shot soon.

Edit: Why do people always disregard Formation...Dog Call?
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#6BigOlePappyPosted 10/6/2012 4:59:10 PM
Chat Noir posted...
He has a easier relaunch in XF3. Air magic, land, qcbH, slide, Bomb hits, relaunch.
Easy XF3 mixup: call Bomb, qcfS, H. It crossups and leads to combo; You can use it outside XF but it'll be much less effective.

Also;
-You can cancel all of his ground specials with formation S (release) a la Buster Cancel. It helps during blockstrings. At the right distance, you should be able to teleport safely afterwards Learn to use it at your advantage
- L Excalibur works like a poormans Dive Kick. It crossups, leads to combo and i'm pretty sure it's safe on whiff (need confirmaton).
-Formation A3 (bomb), Formation S and Wall Cling are the base of your neutral game.
-Don't be a hero. Pop XF3 whenever you can. Strider w/ assist or XF is not a good character.

Never call Vajra if the opponent is point blank. Use it during blockstrings or mixups. Also, Doom/Strider is not nearly as good as people think it is.

Excalibur L is safe and doom strider is on my team and they pwn.

Why start combos w cM and not cL is it to prevent knocking them out of range of his launcher?
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#7rossguy123Posted 10/6/2012 5:05:32 PM
Chat Noir posted...

Also;

Interesting. So Strider is better as anchor? I love using Strider on point with log trap assist.
#8jaganshi2Posted 10/6/2012 5:37:41 PM
Played strider religiously since 2001 and still do.

He potentially can play like the 3rd-5th best character in the game when used right and uncarelessly.

- Use Excalibur M when snapped in, it will save you 80% of the time
- make use of his eagle bombs, they will save you 70% of the time, higher against bigger characters or characters who love to mix up.
- If your ground chains are blocked, go for a wallclimb
- perfect his standing combo chain ending in s.f+H. i mostly go cH then S.F+H, into launch.
- Always do teleport and wall climb rounds during training mode. Teleport all the time, even during blocked chains just to get the hang of the dexterity.
-Don't focus too much on his support role. It's great no doubt, but let the second character do the support and leave strider for anchor.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#9jaganshi2Posted 10/6/2012 5:42:27 PM
rossguy123 posted...
Chat Noir posted...

Also;

Interesting. So Strider is better as anchor? I love using Strider on point with log trap assist.

Strider on point isn't worth it. It's possible like how Choi does it, but in the end of the day you'll likely get farther as an anchor strider. Strider's best played as an XF character, ouro XF is just death for the cake but Strider in XF is so god like just as long as you know how to do the corner loops, which are easy.
--
People need to start using his projectiles more, it helps in resets and defensive strats. Dogs, Eagles, and Bombs are nice distractions to capitalize with teleports,vajiras, or wall climbs. Practice his orb bomb allot. Getting the accuracy down is well worth it.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#10DUH_D_DUMBPosted 10/6/2012 6:47:58 PM
I plan on using him soon. I want to try another Capcom character besides Ryu lol. Plan on it being Strider/Iron Man/ Sentinel.
---
PSN: demedcj
Look Ma, no X-Factor!