Going through a character crisis... -_-

#1Neowulf13Posted 10/7/2012 2:55:09 PM
Ugh, going through a character crisis right now. Not fun at all. I have absolutely no idea who to use. I've been playing around with some characters and teams, but I'm still 'lost'.

I've been thinking of using point Vergil, but I can't think of any teams for him.
I've also been playing around with Taskmaster, Nova, Firebrand, Captain America.

Some teams I made (note that these were on-the-spot): Firebrand/Skrull/Frank, Cap/Task/Sentinel, Nova/Frank/Spencer.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions on those teams or characters, I'd greatly appreciate it. Quick note: I can't/won't use these characters: Zero, Wesker, Strider, Doom, and Dante (I'm not trying to be a low-tier hero, I just can get the hang of those characters).

GameFaqs, I need your help!
---
Rule #1 of the internet: Opinion = Fact
#2badjab326Posted 10/7/2012 3:00:04 PM
Franchor is awful.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile
#3Neowulf13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:02:28 PM
badjab326 posted...
Franchor is awful.

Like I said, those teams were made on the spot. If you have suggestions for other teams, I'd love to hear them.
---
#4CamelJames28Posted 10/7/2012 3:05:28 PM
I was messing around today and I might make like a

Vergil / Task master / Doom team.

If I can get it right and do Vergils slash super in the air I can get two Legion Arrow supers after it. But it's kinda weird where taskmaster ends up after DHC'ing
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#5TheRushDawgPosted 10/7/2012 3:23:26 PM(edited)
Ok, I'll break this down real simple.

First you'll need a strong assist to help your point character get in. The obvious choice here is Hsien-Ko's pendulum. You'll want to start her on point , get her gold armour and tag her out.

Next you'll need a point character who can get in and cause some mix-ups / cross-ups. X-23 is your girl here. Her mirage feint cancels can be tricky. Plus she has infinites in X-factor level 2 and an unblockable Level 3.

Last, you'll need an anchor who can get the job done on their own if your whole game plan goes down the tubes. Arthur is your man here. In X-factor 3 he can chip out 2+ characters. His dagger assist can also help X-23 get in.

In summary, your new team is:

Hsien-Ko (pendulum) / X-23 (ankle slice) / Arthur (daggers)
#6serpentaurusPosted 10/7/2012 3:22:47 PM
TheRushDawg posted...

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#7TheRushDawgPosted 10/7/2012 3:24:22 PM
serpentaurus posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That's two votes for your new team!
#8Razed812Posted 10/7/2012 3:26:27 PM
TheRushDawg posted...
Ok, I'll break this down real simple.

First you'll need a strong assist to help your point character get in. The obvious choice here is Hsien-Ko's pendulum. You'll want to start her on point , get her gold armour and tag her out.

Next you'll need a point character who can get in and cause some mix-ups / cross-ups. X-23 is your girl here. Her mirage feint cancels can be tricky. Plus she has infinites in X-factor level 2 and an unblockable Level 3.

Last, you'll need an anchor who can get the job done on their own if your whole game plan goes down the tubes. Arthur is your man here. In X-factor 3 he can chip out 2+ characters. His dagger assist can also help X-23 get in.

Not sure if trolling or just typical GameFAQs low-tier hero.
---
I am become the danger, knocker of doors.
http://i.imgur.com/EEOSm.png
#9Neowulf13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:52:03 PM
TheRushDawg posted...

Not sure if srs...

In case you are, sorry, but I can't use that team. I don't have enough faith in anchor Arthur, and I'm just not interested in using Hsien-Ko at all.
---
#10TakarimonPosted 10/7/2012 5:15:24 PM(edited)
Point Vergil with Task/Hawkeye arrows or Magneto beam is golden.

All three can be your anchor, but also second. If second, play another dirty anchor like Dorm/Skrull/Akuma/Spencer.

If anchor, you can play pretty much anyone since beam/arrows helps out most of the cast. Storm/Strange/Dorm/Ryu/Cap have great DHCs if you can't ToD with Vergil SS.

Above is just a suggestion for an easy win team without the characters you don't want to use, but there are so much other options if you want to play with assists like Lariat/drones/log trap, Phoenix teams, FW teams, etc. etc.
---
You have as little life as Phoenix and Seth.