The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How to beat this Phoenix Wright team. PW/Wesker/Chris

#1BigOlePappyPosted 10/7/2012 8:13:07 PM
He would use the maya shield and chris punches assist to make him almost unattackable for most of my teams.

With Viper/Doom/Strider I was able to keep him pressured with Vajra and chain seismos. He would counter my vajra with Judge lvl 1 which took half of Strider's health.

I could really get in that well with Viper because of the Chris assist. I opened him up a few times with EX seismo and even got a happy birthday but I kept dropping the IAD H,S (EX seismo makes a lot of lag online).

Doom had no answer to Turnabout, nor did Strider.

I use a Nova/Doom/Strange team. This team actually did very well with bolts assist. But still not enough to break maya's shield or chris assist and he got turnabout everytime with this team.

Ultimately I couldn't find a way to get in and rush him down because of Maya shield and Chris punch assist.

Also he would get in turnabout and make unblockable with Wesker's otg Gun.

I'm not new, but couldn't beat this character which made me wonder why people put PW so low. With the right assists he's extremely hard to attack and can punish your own assists with Judge hyper.
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#2KarsticlesPosted 10/7/2012 8:14:11 PM
The best way to beat Wright is to zone him. His shield makes rushdown frustrating. Just a team where you can call a beam assist while shooting a projectile yourself pretty much ruins any chance he has to collect evidence.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#3BigOlePappy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:15:00 PM
Karsticles posted...
The best way to beat Wright is to zone him. His shield makes rushdown frustrating. Just a team where you can call a beam assist while shooting a projectile yourself pretty much ruins any chance he has to collect evidence.

Does the shield block beams? It seemed to block my bolts.
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#4KarsticlesPosted 10/7/2012 8:17:26 PM(edited)
BigOlePappy posted...
Karsticles posted...

The shield has an HP limit that I don't know off-hand. The virtue of beam spam is that it burns through the shield quickly. For example, when I fight Wright, I'll usually throw Dark Matter and cancel into Dark Hole while calling a projectile assist if I have one. All of that pressure combined tends to burn the shield down quickly. Pretty much any hyper will tear through it in short order. If I want to be really aggressive I'll do Dark Matter x Dark Hole x Chaotic Flame and get some damage in on Wright.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#5Herr_EdgeworthPosted 10/7/2012 8:18:22 PM(edited)

^ It does, but it lacks damage scaling so it goes away with probably two projectiles.
---
I'm Scaler24. This is my cellphone alt. You may like it better.
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy or http://www.tinyurl.com/dofrde
#6Someguy_13Posted 10/7/2012 8:25:56 PM
Maya has 250 000 health I think.

But since damage doesn't scale, something like Doom's plasma beam will tear her to shreds.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7sLaIn_f0xPosted 10/8/2012 10:30:30 AM
I play weekly against an above-average PW player (Spencer/PW/Wesker), and I've learned that when they search for evidence w/Maya, an approach with a tri-dash --> F/B throw equals a free combo, if you've got your re-launches down for both Doom/Nova pretty well. A little easier with Doom, though, since his tri-dash>Nova's. Works wonders for all characters on my main (Mag/M.O.D.O.K./Doom).

Once they catch on, though, watch for feint-searching/tech-throws. It usually turns into PW c.L --> combo --> Wesker relaunch. But with some general awareness and timing, I'm sure you can get it. Spacing the dash also works great into a walk-up grab. Just mix it up a little so it isn't too linear.
---
Nemesis/Taskmaster/Wesker| Magneto/M.O.D.O.K./Doom| Chris/Spencer/Doom| Tron/Frank West/M.O.D.O.K.
#8BigOlePappy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:36:43 AM
sLaIn_f0x posted...
I play weekly against an above-average PW player (Spencer/PW/Wesker), and I've learned that when they search for evidence w/Maya, an approach with a tri-dash --> F/B throw equals a free combo, if you've got your re-launches down for both Doom/Nova pretty well. A little easier with Doom, though, since his tri-dash>Nova's. Works wonders for all characters on my main (Mag/M.O.D.O.K./Doom).

Once they catch on, though, watch for feint-searching/tech-throws. It usually turns into PW c.L --> combo --> Wesker relaunch. But with some general awareness and timing, I'm sure you can get it. Spacing the dash also works great into a walk-up grab. Just mix it up a little so it isn't too linear.

I can't tri dash in because of Chris's punch assist. He opens me up when I try it.
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#9sLaIn_f0xPosted 10/8/2012 10:52:08 AM
BigOlePappy posted...
sLaIn_f0x posted...

I can't tri dash in because of Chris's punch assist. He opens me up when I try it.

Try delaying your tri-dash in (wait for Chris asst.) --> tri-dash over --grab.
---
Nemesis/Spencer/Wesker|||Magneto/M.O.D.O.K./Doom -main|||Tron/Frank West/Haggar
#10PoltergustPosted 10/8/2012 11:01:12 AM
With Viper, just Seismo over and over until Maya gets knocked back. Unfortunately, it'd take about 3-4 Seismo's until Maya's shield breaks, so practice those jump-cancels.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai